Jobs Support Register

What platform will you play Cyberpunk 2077 on?

+

• Total voters

Snowflakez

User
What system or PC will you be playing 2077 on?

Hey, everyone.

Naturally, none of us know how demanding Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be, but I thought I'd get a read on the sorts of systems everybody plans to use to play the game - assuming it doesn't come out 8 years from now, that is...

Personally, I'll be playing on PC. I built it myself a couple years ago.

Video Card: GeForce GTX 970
CPU: i5 4690K
Memory: 16GB DDR3 (Screw memory prices)
Storage: 500GB SSD, Samsung

Only difference between my rig as it stands now and how it'll probably be when 2077 releases is the video card - I plan to upgrade to a 1080 Ti to future-proof it a bit better, but video card prices are through the roof right now so that's not happening till next month.

What about you guys? Are you playing on a PC yourself, an Xbox One, PS4, or the latest-gen versions (PS4 pro and Xbone X)? Do you see yourself making any changes in the next year/year and a half?

Also, why do you prefer the system you're playing on?

braindancer12

Max-Tac
Not a pc player just playstation so I will play it on PS4 or maybe PS4 pro or PS5 or PS5 pro or....but yeah I will be prepared when the game releases.

By the way you forgot a poll! Such a topic needs a poll and if you don't add it Sard will do it for sure....he loves polls you know.....

Rawls

Snowflakez made a new thread with a poll and then merged your thread into it. Vote for your choice people, and comment below. But remember ... NO PLATFORM WARS.

Rawls

I voted for playstation, although I may end up on PC depending on a number of factors.

cara2100

Poser
if the game launches until 2020 I will play on my gtx 980 amp

After setting up a PC with the latest and most powerful nvidia card at the same time I did at the time I set up mine, the next PC I want to run all games in 4K

Last edited:

Suhiira

Max-Tac
Simple ... I don't, have no plans to ever, own any sort of console.
I don't do "Action" games and so far every worthwhile RPG and "real" wargame has come out on PC.

Snowflakez

User
Suhiira;n10239372 said:
Simple ... I don't, have no plans to ever, own any sort of console.
I don't do "Action" games and so far every worthwhile RPG and "real" wargame has come out on PC.
Very true. What are your specs? Anything you feel you'll tweak or change by 2019/2020?

Rawls;n10239182 said:
Snowflakez made a new thread with a poll and then merged your thread into it. Vote for your choice people, and comment below. But remember ... NO PLATFORM WARS.
Thanks! I didn't know we could make polls.

Razrback16

PC for sure, here. This will likely be the demanding type of game where I'll wait until about a month before release an upgrade my GPUs. :)

Rawls

Suhiira;n10239562 said:
Might need to upgrade my GTX 970, we'll see.
This is my issue with my notebook. It carries a GTX 960m which was solid in 2015 ... but I worry as time marches on. I don't see myself buying a new one anytime soon. Hence ... probably Playstation.

Snowflakez

User
Razrback16;n10239752 said:
PC for sure, here. This will likely be the demanding type of game where I'll wait until about a month before release an upgrade my GPUs. :)
Good move! I'm upgrading sooner so I can play a few other demanding games coming out this year, but I may do so again if another generation of video cards launches around/slightly before 2077's release.

BeastModeIron

The latest PlayStation console at the time of Cyberpunks release, plus those unique exclusives you just can get anywhere else. Best platform for hardcore RPG's in my opinion.

Most people here will probably opt out of any multiplayer Cyberpunk has, but if the game does indeed have MP, I'd much rather experience it on console rather then PC with its widespread cheating player base. SO good luck PC players.

Last edited:

Snowflakez

User
BeastModeIron;n10240012 said:
The latest PlayStation console at the time of Cyberpunks release, plus those unique exclusives you just can get anywhere else.

Most people here will probably opt out of any multiplayer Cyberpunk has, but if the game does indeed have MP, I'd much rather experience it on console rather then PC with its widespread cheating player base.
Frankly, I encountered more cheaters during my time with consoles than I have PC - not looking to spark a console war, just giving my experiences. Granted, that was back in CoD and Halo for the 360, so times may very well have changed - also, I don't play many multiplayer games now. Certainly, access to cheats is much more widespread on PCs, as your 12 year old hackers just have to go to Google to get their fix. Lag switches and other more complex tools related to console cheating require a bit more effort, and sometimes *gasp* money!

I am a bit curious if the PS4 Pro will be the "de facto" PlayStation 5 in the next couple years. Maybe Sony/Microsoft will treat it like a new console generation? Or maybe we will actually see a PS5... tough to say.

Anyway, if CP2077 has a multiplayer component, I'd expect it to be optional in that you can ignore it completely, but also being able to avoid random players if you want. Maybe just have your friends, sort of like a closed/private session? All depends on how it's implemented.

BeastModeIron

Snowflakez;n10240022 said:
Frankly, I encountered more cheaters during my time with consoles than I have PC - not looking to spark a console war, just giving my experiences. Granted, that was back in CoD and Halo for the 360, so times may very well have changed - also, I don't play many multiplayer games now. Certainly, access to cheats is much more widespread on PCs, as your 12 year old hackers just have to go to Google to get their fix. Lag switches and other more complex tools related to console cheating require a bit more effort, and sometimes *gasp* money!

I am a bit curious if the PS4 Pro will be the "de facto" PlayStation 5 in the next couple years. Maybe Sony/Microsoft will treat it like a new console generation? Or maybe we will actually see a PS5... tough to say.

Anyway, if CP2077 has a multiplayer component, I'd expect it to be optional in that you can ignore it completely, but also being able to avoid random players if you want. Maybe just have your friends, sort of like a closed/private session? All depends on how it's implemented.
Yes last gen consoles were hack city, 360 especially, but new consoles I've experienced so far, no such things on ps4 at least. A lot (not all) of consoles games have a data check during log into the games MP now so bans occur easily for those who attempt to cheat. But currently PC online gaming is awful, hackers are unavoidable playing online.

While I don't PC game, I do hope Cyberpunk is made for the latest hardware only to be as close to PC as possible, rather then the game being under developed to fit old console hardware. I'd say if the Ps5 is out before 2077, it would be on that, otherwise I expect current hardware.

Sardukhar

<Watches with interest to see if his beloved Ratlings can have a Platform discussion -without- Platform Wars.>

Draymar23

I'm broke at the moment so unless I can pay for a high end PC rig, I will be playing it on Playstation. Unemployment is a bitch :(

Suhiira

Max-Tac
Rawls;n10239782 said:
This is my issue with my notebook. It carries a GTX 960m which was solid in 2015 ... but I worry as time marches on. I don't see myself buying a new one anytime soon. Hence ... probably Playstation.
Why I have a full PC not a notebook.
I VERY intentionally bought one with a lifetime warranty from a local chain that's been in business for years (cost a bit up front but WELL worth it).
By buying it originally with all top-of-the-line components they can't replace them with "merely average" ones because of the loss of functionality, has to be "as good or better" to fulfill the warranty.

Since I've had it due to a voltage regulator malfunction (basically a power surge that acted as if it had been hit by lightning) and a motherboard going out between older parts (again I intentionally got top-of-the-line components knowing they'd be in short supply a few years after their introduction) no longer readily available and doing some upgrades to better parts when they needed to be replaced I've gone from a 3.2gig quad core to a 3.4gig quad/virtual eight core, from a GTX 580 to a GTX 970, from a 1TB hard drive to a 4TB, and from a 128gig SSD to a 256. Out of pocket it's cost me almost nothing (paid $75 when the GTX580 fried to upgrade it to the GTX970 vice merely replacing the 580 for instance) since the day I bought it and I still have basically a new close to top-of-the-line PC.
I see no reason to ever need to buy a new PC, I'll just keep replacing/upgrading parts as the opportunity presents itself.

Raxaphan

Poser
Video Card: GeForce GTX 760
CPU: i5-2500K
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Storage: 1TB HDD

I hope I will be able to play the game on low settings. This pc is a gift from a dear friend.
I can't afford to upgrade it. The only way to upgrade is only when my friend upgrade's his and gives me his replaced components.
If neither option is possible, I will be watching the game on twitch.

kofeiiniturpa

CyberPsycho
If I end up having the game, it'll be on PC. I've no interest in consoles.

I've a i7-6700K, GTX1070 and 16GB of 3.2Ghz DDR4. That'll be my rig for years to come and it's already overkill for the games I tend to play What it can't run I will not play (that kind of game isn't likely to be of my taste anyway).