What platform will you play Cyberpunk 2077 on?

+

What platform will you play Cyberpunk 2077 on?

• Total voters
I don´t know how representative the results of this poll is.

I would like to throw in a few numbers.

There was 28.3 million sold copies for the witcher 3 until now.
60% was from consoles. Therefore 53% digital.
Nowadays there would be different numbers (more digital maybe more PC).
Now lets assume they would deliver roundabout 21,2% from the possible amount of sales. So they would have an income from that players and CP77.
Fine...but think about the other 78,8% customers that are pissed of because they give a damn...you know.

If it would be you? Would you buy a game from a developer who delayed the long awaited game time after time and give that game to others than you 3 weeks earlier?

I am honest I don´t know if I would buy the game in this case....and no I am not one of the current gen users but I comprehend how they would feel.

It is more than theortical....and maybe I am totally wrong.
But maybe it is a possibility. So I think it´s a good decision for CDPR to not split the release date.

But to be honest the numbers will not be like back than. Because in the last 2 years the PC was the strongest source of income for TW3.

So maybe PC would be the strongest income now.

But I think it would be a finanicial loss if they split the release date.

But than again,when they didn´finish the game on current gen systems to dec. 10 I think CDPR will split the release because they wouldn´t get a penny from the x-mas time and I don´t think the investors would be happy about it.

I don´t know how representative the results of this poll is.

I would like to throw in a few numbers.

There was 28.3 million sold copies for the witcher 3 until now.
60% was from consoles. Therefore 53% digital.
Nowadays there would be different numbers (more digital maybe more PC).
Now lets assume they would deliver roundabout 21,2% from the possible amount of sales. So they would have an income from that players and CP77.
Fine...but think about the other 78,8% customers that are pissed of because they give a damn...you know.

If it would be you? Would you buy a game from a developer who delayed the long awaited game time after time and give that game to others than you 3 weeks earlier?

I am honest I don´t know if I would buy the game in this case....and no I am not one of the current gen users but I comprehend how they would feel.

It is more than theortical....and maybe I am totally wrong.
But maybe it is a possibility. So I think it´s a good decision for CDPR to not split the release date.

But to be honest the numbers will not be like back than. Because in the last 2 years the PC was the strongest source of income for TW3.

So maybe PC would be the strongest income now.

But I think it would be a finanicial loss if they split the release date.

But than again,when they didn´finish the game on current gen systems to dec. 10 I think CDPR will split the release because they wouldn´t get a penny from the x-mas time and I don´t think the investors would be happy about it.

You say that like if console players aren't already "pissed off".

Not true they clearly said they have passed cert for current gen which means sony and microsoft has tested and aproved of them saying it is fair for the system. they just said they are not happy with it and needs more optimization. so it runs on them just not run best they feel it can
That's irrelevant to how well they play. Going "gold" has nothing to do with the quality of the game at all, it's the content. It just means they can't add any new content to the game or be forced to recert. No one's saying it doesn't run on them, it's that they run so poorly they delayed an already gold game. It's unprecedented and it should concern you more than it apparently does. There's already been other of the devs stating the game is really 4-5 months away from being ready. It's either going to get delayed again or be a buggy mess

You say that like if console players aren't already "pissed off".

Yes, they are.

But how many times did I read from PC players:
"Release it for PC. Consoles are Trash."
"Release it for PC. Patch consoles later."
"Release it for PC. I don´t have a console." etcetcetc......

I read this quite a few times and how pissed could the console players be if this realy would happened?
What if it would be the opposite? Would the PC players say: "Release for Console. Patch PC later."
I am a little bit sad how selfish people can be.
That included me too. I am no better.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say. It is all toxic right now and it could be even more toxic if CDPR split the release date, imho.

I realy think and hope CDPR release the CP77 Dec 10.
If not......I don´t like to think about it.

Well, right now at this very moment, the next gen consoles are punching at PCs three times their price. Obviously that will change with new PC hardware coming out but they really are a solid buy right now and will be for a couple years. I've got all three of the "main" platforms and use them all for different things

Well, I do have the PS4 to play exclusives. Got it cheap too. $180 used a year ago. I love Days Gone and The Last of Us remastered. But not really interested in the PS5 or Xbox One/X. But to each their own on consoles.

Yes.

I'll buy any game that I think is going to bring me enjoyment. That's why I'm in the hobby :) No point me denying myself a great experience just because I had to wait. The phrase, 'Cutting my nose to spite my face' springs to mind.

Besides, delays may not have been involved in the same way but, as a PC gamer, I've had to wait for games that console users got hold of a lot earlier. GTAIV, GTAV and Death Stranding spring to mind but there are plenty of others. It was irritating but there's no point holding a grudge.

Yes, they are.

But how many times did I read from PC players:
"Release it for PC. Consoles are Trash."
"Release it for PC. Patch consoles later."
"Release it for PC. I don´t have a console." etcetcetc......

I read this quite a few times and how pissed could the console players be if this realy would happened?
What if it would be the opposite? Would the PC players say: "Release for Console. Patch PC later."
I am a little bit sad how selfish people can be.
That included me too. I am no better.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say. It is all toxic right now and it could be even more toxic if CDPR split the release date, imho.

I realy think and hope CDPR release the CP77 Dec 10.
If not......I don´t like to think about it.

If the hold up are the old consoles. I would not be "pissed" at all if the game is working like they intend for some systems, PC included, then release it for those systems. Make a new release date for the systems that aren't currently working that doesn't require you to crunch, a concept I can't imagine working at all if they're working from home, "Yes I'm working on it (dev has I Love Lucy playing in the background)" "Yes I'm on it (Dev is soaking in a magical bubbly bath of wonders)" "I tell you this crunch is really burning me out (Dev says while getting a pedicure and manicure)" You really don't have too much control over people when they're "working from home" some people stay productive, but overall productivity decreases as you don't have anyone to crack the whip when slacking off, and very few people are self starters with a bulwark of mental discipline.

So for this reason we may get more delays if the proper optimizations can't be done in the next 39 days to make older consoles work, and trashy Stadia. So I see no reason to hold up the release for all the systems that do work.

You mean like RDR2 and many other games already did?
No.
I this case I speak for CP77 and CDPR. I talk only about things where I involved and know a few things about.

So honestly I never played RDR2 and know nothing about the game developing and their delays.
I understand your point of view but I cannot compare the two cases. Sorry.
Post automatically merged:

If the hold up are the old consoles. I would not be "pissed" at all if the game is working like they intend for some systems, PC included, then release it for those systems. Make a new release date for the systems that aren't currently working that doesn't require you to crunch, a concept I can't imagine working at all if they're working from home, "Yes I'm working on it (dev has I Love Lucy playing in the background)" "Yes I'm on it (Dev is soaking in a magical bubbly bath of wonders)" "I tell you this crunch is really burning me out (Dev says while getting a pedicure and manicure)" You really don't have too much control over people when they're "working from home" some people stay productive, but overall productivity decreases as you don't have anyone to crack the whip when slacking off, and very few people are self starters with a bulwark of mental discipline.

So for this reason we may get more delays if the proper optimizations can't be done in the next 39 days to make older consoles work, and trashy Stadia. So I see no reason to hold up the release for all the systems that do work.
Maybe you are right.

Maybe it would be better to delay only the current gen versions of the game.
We will se at Dec 10.
Post automatically merged:

Yes.

I'll buy any game that I think is going to bring me enjoyment. That's why I'm in the hobby :) No point me denying myself a great experience just because I had to wait. The phrase, 'Cutting my nose to spite my face' springs to mind.

Besides, delays may not have been involved in the same way but, as a PC gamer, I've had to wait for games that console users got hold of a lot earlier. GTAIV, GTAV and Death Stranding spring to mind but there are plenty of others. It was irritating but there's no point holding a grudge.

I am not as sure as you are about this one.

In my case my hype is going down with the new delay.
I like to play the game but I am not "on fire" as before.

Last edited:
On youtube...
mr laughing sir.jpg

PC, very likely with a controller (Logitech F310).

Controller turned out to be an impressively comfortable and fun way to play some games for me because that allowed me to move slightly further away from my desk and the screen, which does good to the graphics overall, but most importantly, allows me to stretch into a very comfortable position.

Ever since I got comfortable with a controller I've completely changed my opinion regarding consoles. You see, some time ago I could spend all of my time in front of the computer, especially now that I work from home and my schedule resembles a Swiss cheese. Nowadays, however, my girlfriend works from home as well, but her work is more technically-demanding than mine, so I don't get to use the PC as often as before. Naturally, I miss some gaming, but can't finance another desk and a decent PC, a laptop or anything of that sort.

Thus, I had done some research and came to the conclusion that a console would be a viable option for my situation. Aside from having no desire to spend a sum equivalent (or more) to my apartment rent on a hobby that I can get back to after girlfriend finished her work and squeeze a few hours of gaming nearly every night, the only thing that stops me from even considering a console is the complete lack of a game library. I own so many games across Steam, Origin, GOG and Epic Games Store that I simply can't imagine buying at least a portion of that again, let alone going for the same progress. And, well, PC performance and a controller, as well as the ability to switch to mouse and keyboard at will is truly the best of the both worlds. And I can work on a PC, too.

Pc. Getting my new rtx machine next week and this might be the first major title to properly test it.

Pc. Getting my new rtx machine next week and this might be the first major title to properly test it.

What are you getting? 3070, 3080, 3090?
I bought rtx 3070 gainward phoenix gs edition, and I really hope I will be able to play CP2077 on 1440p with ray tracing on high or maybe highest detail

PC, very likely with a controller (Logitech F310).

Controller turned out to be an impressively comfortable and fun way to play some games for me because that allowed me to move slightly further away from my desk and the screen, which does good to the graphics overall, but most importantly, allows me to stretch into a very comfortable position.

Same for me.
I sit more comfortable and I relax way more with a controller.
That's why I preordered it for PS4. But now I don't know, maybe I'll get a PC version and still use a controller.
And if the PS4 version is bad and the PC version is too heavy for my gaming laptop, I'll use Stadia as last resort.
But 90% sure I will use a controller.

I'll play it on PC, but I'm using Nvidia Geforce Now :ROFLMAO:
My GTX970 will appreciate it!

Top Bottom