What rank did you get to this season?

+
I managed to ranked 20, peaked at around 4070 a few days before the season ended. I did not have the determination to grind my way to Rank 21, but I am happy with my season rewards.

I got rank 21, but didn't get pro ladder, not sure if its coming still or its because I dropped to 42XX mmr after reaching rank 21

kindlus;n10966205 said:
I got rank 21, but didn't get pro ladder, not sure if its coming still or its because I dropped to 42XX mmr after reaching rank 21

You get access to pro-ladder when the next pro-ladder season starts (I think in 1 month).

"What rank did you get to this season?"

The same as the last couple of seasons: none

kindlus;n10966205 said:

The pro ladder season is still ongoing. You'll get access when the new season starts (in a month).

20 to 21 has never been achievable for me. 20 is something I regularly reached when I was playing ranked. Now I play just enough to get the rank 15 avatar if it interests me. The rest, casual all the way. Even though I currently have a lot of time to devote to it, I still want it to be fun. Incessantly grinding in order to get to 21 just pisses me off too much :p

Void_Singer;n10966061 said:
I was at 4,296 at one point, theoretically enough that a tie might have given me GM, well within top 500 Global... and then I experienced the absolute worst run of luck

I got to 4290 in march and i was so angry that i didnt played past 3900 in april, but in may i got 4316 :)

This was the first time i even attempted to go 21, needless to say it takes a certain amount of dedication to get to get to that level, an amount that the average human being will not be able to invest due to having a life.

:envy:

What i'm trying to say, if you would allow me to speak in laymen terms is that Gwent Lizards populate the higher tier and unless your seeing Dandelion in your dreams theres just no point.

Pruny;n10966277 said:
I got to 4290 in march and i was so angry that i didnt played past 3900 in april, but in may i got 4316 :)
congrats on the GM.
previous month I did similar, broke 4200 and then had an amazing losing streak only to come back to 4100... it's becoming a theme with me

probably doesn't help that I generally only use one deck to ladder above ~R16... usually without much additional teching. I'm most interested in testing the generality of a single deck at a time rather than doing the meta dance.

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n10966733 said:
This was the first time i even attempted to go 21, needless to say it takes a certain amount of dedication to get to get to that level, an amount that the average human being will not be able to invest due to having a life.

I made rank 20 each of the last few months by just playing ranked for the 3 wins necessary each day to get the easy 100 bonus. Then I screw around in the arena mostly. I finish the season with around a 65% win rate, but only playing about 80 total ranked games in a month, which just isn't enough. Highest mark I've hit this way is around 4,000.

Last edited:
Pruny;n10966277 said:

Void_Singer;n10966964 said:
congrats on the GM.
previous month I did similar, broke 4200 and then had an amazing losing streak only to come back to 4100... it's becoming a theme with me

probably doesn't help that I generally only use one deck to ladder above ~R16... usually without much additional teching. I'm most interested in testing the generality of a single deck at a time rather than doing the meta dance.

I reached about 4250 aswell during the season of the Viper but I had a bad streak too and fell back to 3800.. you heard me right. Had to climb all the way back to ~4'100 where I decided to stay since top 10k is enough of an accomplishment for me and because I was sick of laddering at that point. Congrats on GM Pruny

For those that get over 20/21 every season and play since close beta (like me), could you please tell me your total play time...
I just wonder... i have until now over 1800h in this game, more than i think i ever had in any other computer-game (not even isaac, everquest or ultima online)... so just wondering, if i am alown or if that is normal...

Last edited:
Gemueseknolle;n10967828 said:
For those that get over 20/21 every season and play since close beta (like me), could you please tell me your total play time...
I just wonder... i have until now over 1800h in this game, more than i think i ever had in any other computer-game (not even isaac, everquest or ultima online)... so just wondering, if i am alown or if that is normal...
you only need look at the leaderboard for the top 1K...

Gemueseknolle;n10968923 said:
i only see their played games, but not their playtime? or have i overseen it somehow?
ah, I mistook your meaning to be play time / season, not total play time since starting.

Gemueseknolle;n10967828 said:

Could you imagine someone never having reached Grandmaster, not even really interested in ranking aside from 3 seasons during which he reached rank 20, playing since Closed Beta but with a large break from the positioning all the way up to the gold immunity update and having 2000 + hours? :p

Congratulations! 'At's me :p And yes, that's what games like this do to you. Mass Effect series, the best game series ever for me, and I've got, what, 400 hours? XCOM, about 270. Online games have a property. They don't easily get boring. If you get into this sort of thing, depending on the kind of person you are, you can easily find it hard to get out.

If I were you (well, I am worse than you, so I have done this luckily :p ), I'd take some frequent regulating breaks. Not a "I won't play for a day" but a "next 2 weeks are off for me". It might be worth doing that every few months. Last time I did that it certainly helped.

Top Bottom