What shall you use the cd-key for?

+
What shall you use the cd-key for?

There was a cd-key with my copy of enhanced ediition but you never use it. Not when installing or starting the game. Why is it there?

if you register your game, i'm pretty sure you'll need it ... and doing so opens up more stuff to you, even on this forum :)

gamewidow said:
if you register your game, i'm pretty sure you'll need it ... and doing so opens up more stuff to you, even on this forum :)
Huh? I don't see that option I got a cd-key when I bought the game threw steam but I don't know where to use it (if it can be used at all).

you can play scrabble with it or...register on official forum and general official site to gain full access to download section and support.

But this is the official forum I don't see anywhere where I can enter the cd-key, not in my profile or anywhere else, I don't care about support I don't need it, one of the replies says it 'unlocks' something, being an rpg guy I have to unlock every chest or I go crazy that's why I always play as a thief or I buff on my lockpick skills.

This CD key has authorization purposes. You shouldn't lose it. It has no in-game purpose and doesn't grand you access to secret levels ;)

Yes I know it doesn't open anything in-game that was a comparison but I still don't get what authorization, NOBODY asked me for the cd-key, the game didn't and neither did the forum when I registered so what purpose does it serve?

there are things on this forum that you do not currently "see" because your game is not registered.

Okay, now we are getting somewhere :) What don't I see and how do I register the game, remember I bought it on steam.

flashintheflesh said:
you can play scrabble with it or...register on official forum and general official site to gain full access to download section and support.
You can play scrabble with it!?! :DDo not post off topic

i downloaded the 1.4 patch, therotically updating me in my full glory to TWEE, but i saw no cd key, not in my origonal documentation, nor in anything i saw when downloading 1.4

Because your game is already registered with this forum (you have the little black wolf icon to the right of your avatar) the information is there already.Do you recall being asked to log in? that's when your key was checked

Top Bottom