What sort of Mini-Games could we expect from TW3:WH?

+
arf ,it's bizzard because the dice poker was in since the beginning after other will replace it but it 's bizzard

Aye, it's a shame, but there has been a lot of discussion about it already:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/31620-So-uhm-dice-poker-is-no-longer-in?highlight=dice+poker

I believe(if memory serves) that the devs weren't happy with how dice poker turned out in the end(in the two previous games) and decided that Gwent would make up for them removing it. One can hope though that someone in the world of Witcher 3 still remember how to play dice.:happy:

Last edited:
Aye, it's a shame, but there has been a lot of discussion about it already:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/31620-So-uhm-dice-poker-is-no-longer-in?highlight=dice+poker

I believe(if memory serves) that the devs weren't happy with how dice poker turned out in the end(in the two previous games) and decided that Gwent would make up for them removing it. One can hope though that someone in the world of Wicher 3 still remember how to play dice.:happy:

^^ but you can't play Gwent at the beginning of the game . Because as damien monnier explain it you have to collect the card ( buy it , win it from quest ect )and make you a deck before playing it . When you have it you could face opponent and betting card to win more and make your hand more friendly and more the time pass if you win more you ll have a nice deck and chance to win rare card by facing great opponent :).

Last edited:
I wrote up a long reply to this thread yesterday, but I wasn't able to post it because the site went down for some reason.

TW3 will be my first introduction into this franchise and I was/am curious what was included in prior titles or what we could expect upon release of The Witcher III: Wild Hunt.
In the previous Witcher games there were not many varieties of mini-games --just the signature trio of dice poker, drinking games, and fist-fighting. TW2 also had an arm wrestling mini-game/quest (it was a one time thing) and an battle-arena mini-game/quest.

In The Witcher 3, however, mini-games will be much more prominent. One of the biggest challenges the developers face in The Witcher 3 is avoiding repetitive quests. One solutions to that problem is mini-games. They're relying on mini-games to add variety to the activities available in the open-world. Some mini-games will be paced in the middle of the wilderness. So when you're traveling from point A to point B you might stop along the way at a archery guild or a horse ranch or something to do a mini-game.

As other posters have mentioned, there is also a collectible trading card game in the The Witcher 3 called Gwent. We have every reason to believe this is a fully fleshed out trading card game, not just some gimmick. I expect Gwent will make up the majority of mini-game opportunities in the game.

If you want to learn more, you can see a horse racing mini-game and some sort of monster arena mini-game in the Sword Of Destiny trailer from 1:52-1:55.

You can also watch the developer presentation from EGX 2013 where they talk about quest design in depth. The presentation itself starts at 8:10, and they briefly mention mini-games around 19:00.

Last edited:
^^ but you can't play Gwent at the beginning of the game . Because as damien monnier explain it you have to collect the card ( buy it , win it from quest ect )and make you a deck before playing it . When you have it you could face opponent and betting card to win more and make your hand more friendly and more the time pass if you win more you ll have a nice deck and chance to win rare card by facing great opponent :).

Oh I know nothing of when you'll be able to play. But it sounds much like Pazaak in Knights of the Old Republic and Frenzy in Rage where you bought your decks. Perhaps you may be able to buy a deck from the start? A very basic and not that great deck, that allows you to play. And probably lose a lot until you improve it. :happy:

Guy from the video of which I got most of the informations I recently posted, had a chance to play Gwent in the demo. He doesn't know much about card games, so he was unable to explain it in details, but he described it as something between Duel of Champions and Hearthstone. In his opinion it seems to be good enough to sell it separately in a physical form.

Thanks for all the replies all. My most anticipated game this year with an actual Release date.

Been wanting a real engaging/immersive RPG for our current generation consoles and sadly, DA: Inquisition wasn't doin it for me. :D

Top Bottom