What sort of Mini-Games could we expect from TW3:WH?

+
What sort of Mini-Games could we expect from TW3:WH?

My apologies if this was brought up before but the search function turned up nothing.

TW3 will be my first introduction into this franchise and I was/am curious what was included in prior titles or what we could expect upon release of The Witcher III: Wild Hunt.

The ones I've heard of so far are Gwent (kind of an in game CCG), fist fighting, Axe throwing and races (horse and boat). This might not be an exhaustive list or some may have been dropped, but these are the ones I've seen mentioned.

I'm guessing we'll see the return of fist fighting and dice poker, perhaps a few new ones as well. Maybe racing with the horse, boat, and/or on foot too.

The ones I've heard of so far are Gwent (kind of an in game CCG), fist fighting, Axe throwing and races (horse and boat). This might not be an exhaustive list or some may have been dropped, but these are the ones I've seen mentioned.

I was forced to look up CCG. I'm getting old.

If GWENT is anything like FFVIII's Triple Triad or addictive in any nature, how are we supposed to play the game? :D

Thanks for the replies. ;)

I was forced to look up CCG. I'm getting old.

If GWENT is anything like FFVIII's Triple Triad or addictive in any nature, how are we supposed to play the game? :D

Thanks for the replies. ;)

Well by playing the actual game you will either find or be rewarded with new Gwent cards, so there's your incentive :p

I don't know if it's considered a separate minigame from one-on-one fist fighting, but getting into fights with groups of thugs is a thing now, and one I can't wait to indulge in.

One of the first things that came to mind when I heard about a card game is Pazaak. Pazaak wasn't complex, but damn it, it was fun.

Agreed, it added a lot to the game, if Gwent follows the same road I think I can get over the removal o dice poker :D

@Bellator Pius Gratus Oh man I really wish they had done it! Something like twilight princess had, but I think at this point with the game being feature locked and no mention being made about it its too much to hope for :sad:

Last edited:
they already say it about the mini game : we will have the previous one = arms wresling , battle , dice + new one = horse racing , new card game :Gwent ( you have to collect the card all around the world : quest reward , buy ect .. to be able to play it and win more rare card , and perhaps one or two other like darts

I've read opposing news about dice poker so far: will it be implemented in the game or not?

Possibly in dlc but rather unlikely. BUT modders. It is confirmed by devs that there is no dice poker. When there was qa with Chris he just pr answered on "why is it removed" that they have no dice poker but there is a cool card game gwent.

they already say it about the mini game : we will have the previous one = arms wresling , battle , dice + new one = horse racing , new card game :Gwent ( you have to collect the card all around the world : quest reward , buy ect .. to be able to play it and win more rare card , and perhaps one or two other like darts

No dice regarding dice poker being in.
I've read opposing news about dice poker so far: will it be implemented in the game or not?

Not. :'(

IIRC boat racing, which I saw mentioned a couple of times here, is no longer in either. Just don't ask for a source, I really don't remember at this point. Maybe @Kinley can confirm?

Maybe @Kinley can confirm?

Top Bottom