What system do you play on?

+

What platform do you (primarily) play on?

• Total voters
it would be interesting to see the demographics in 2021, and see how many people are on console vs pc.

(also, i know mid end vs high end is a bit vague, but im not going to include examples of what is high end vs mid end etc, because that will definitely start an argument, and ill leave it to the voters.)

Just remember that on this forum the vast majority will be PC, so it's representative of the forum and not of the real demographic. A more accurate depiction could be the average sales of AAA games, if we count f2p and indie games then it goes again to a PC-centric situation.

PS4 Slim, (with an internal SSD if that matters)

I'm sure if next-gen consoles were more readily available I'd have moved up, but they're not, so I haven't. I am looking at building a new PC in the future though, and the way consoles are going I'm thinking I might as well jump back into PC.

Fortunate enough to have a GPU which pushes me into what would be perceived as the high end as things are with the PC market right now.

Voted for mid-end PC, because I assumed that high-end PC = 4K gaming. I'm still playing at 1080p.:shrug:
by high end, i did kinda mean a 3070 or above, as that is what i consider "high end" (looking at the steam hardware survey anyway), you could have a very powerful pc but still play on 1080p, its still high end.

Voted for mid-end PC, because I assumed that high-end PC = 4K gaming. I'm still playing at 1080p.:shrug:
Voted high end PC. That's not necessarily 4K I'd say though. I have 2560x1440 / 144 Hz monitor and RX 6800 XT + Ryzen 9 5900X.

Platform wise I'm using Linux for gaming.

With that hardware I get around 80 fps in CP2077 on max settings (besides that reflection one which is one below max). Not even sure what would be required for 4K for that for adequate framerate.

Last edited:
Didn't vote as there's no option for that in a poll. I'm on Xbox One X.

I have played game through 3 times now, with one 100% run. One about 97% run and one 99,9% run (didn't do one GIG for "roleplaying" whatever that is, reasons :p ) With game version day 1 to 1.06, 1,23 and 1.3.

I have been very surprised for performance on fidelity game has on that old console hardware. While I hope old one X would get some love during future updates, I would like to QoL improvements, duplicate Blueprint indicator is trade menu and things like that rather than performance updates.

I used to play it on Xbox One. Now on XSX and it feels a bit smoother and so on.
Same. I also have a S/X. The wait for the optimized version is agonizing. The few games that I own which are optimized for S/X look gorgeous in 4K, so I am hoping that when CRPR says that the optimized console versions are now "pushed back to 2022," they're not talking about a year from now.

2022 starts in 60 days, y'know?

I would say mid end PC since I can't play the game on ultra but rather with mostly high and some medium settings.
Performance is good, I don't really get any lag even in heavily crowded areas and in my 250h of gameplay, I have experienced two freezes and one crash to desktop. All happened in 1.3 version.
As for bugs, nothing too major. No broken quests (atleast not the ones I've done) and nothing too game breaking. Minor bugs like visual bugs, floating junk, unlootable junk and NPCs randomly appearing and dissappering and rendering delays happens a lot though but mostly it doesn't bother me enough to ruin the experience. The unlootable junk is propably the most annoying thing that happens because you constantly see them with your scanner at a distance and then have to keep reminding yourself that "nope, that was item you can't pick up"

Same. I also have a S/X. The wait for the optimized version is agonizing. The few games that I own which are optimized for S/X look gorgeous in 4K, so I am hoping that when CRPR says that the optimized console versions are now "pushed back to 2022," they're not talking about a year from now.

2022 starts in 60 days, y'know?
I hope they're will be much improvements when the upgrade for XSX and PS5 comes out!

Guest 3847602

Voted high end PC. That's not necessarily 4K I'd say though. I have 2560x1440 / 144 Hz monitor and RX 6800 XT + Ryzen 9 5900X.

Platform wise I'm using Linux for gaming.

With that hardware I get around 80 fps in CP2077 on max settings (besides that reflection one which is one below max). Not even sure what would be required for 4K for that for adequate framerate.
RTX 2060 and Intel Core i5-9400F. Not the state of the art PC, but it can run CP2077 on ultra at 1080p without a hiccup. According to some, this makes my PC high-end (it's not).

tbh i think most of the console player already left Night City months ago - there is nothing for them to stay. its not even close to be compareable to the pc version in graphic quality or experince nor in bumbing the "longlivity" by mods. sure some fans still hang in but those are most probably just a few here and there. (highend-) pcs on the other hand got the most stable and beautiful version of this game + the mod community which already did great even without a proper mod kit.

I do find myself getting biased because of my own experience with Cyberpunk on PC. I tend to be a lot fairer. In the beginning I had some performance issues but the game was playable at about 60 with some framerate drops at speed, to 40. Now it's stuck at 100. I did fine tune the settings. Some stuff is lowered to high and some stuff I upped to Psycho.

Mostly because:
  • Ryzen R7 5800X (no stock of the 5900x at the time :( )
  • 16GB DDR4 CL16 RAM
  • Gigabyte RTX 3080 (but did get this for MSRP)
  • Off of a Samsung 970 evo M.2 PCI-E 3.0 SSD
  • On a LG34GN850-B at 3440x1440

I can't imagine how crappy it ran for people with a mid range rig like the most average one in the Steam Survey : Quad Core CPU + 16GB ram + 1060 @ 1080.

But yeah, there's a pretty big chance that anyone who's still left let alone who still posts on this forum is someone who's spent a significant time in the game. That means you either have a mid to high end rig that can run the game well, or you're a masochist who runs this on console.

Most other people have already shelved the game. Most people I personally know just skipped it because they wanted to play it when it was good. I still tell them to wait to see what the next-gen version brings.

Top Bottom