What the... Did they!? Really?! Spoilers...obviously.

+
What the... Did they!? Really?! Spoilers...obviously.

So I'm 175 hours into the game, and I'm starting to delve deeper into the main quests.

Just had a chat with Elihal the tailor in Novigrad. He mentioned that the
witch hunters burned Kalkstein at the stake.

Am I the only one truly saddened by this? I searched the forum but nothing about it came up. The devs actually
killed off Kalkstein. The nicest alchemist ever!

I can't believe it. I don't want to believe it! :crybaby: If they can do that to such a beloved character, and so casually at that('tis merely mentioned), I'm afraid to continue the story. I mean what dark news await me that I can do absolutely nothing about? :angry: I had hopes he would be in the game, or at least be mentioned, but not this, not this.

Also the circumstances regarding the ordeal,
the execution I mean.
He's an
alchemist and not a mage,
so what's up with that? Oh fear and hatred surely did their part, but why do
witch hunters have it in for alchemists?
Why are people even peddling herbs I wonder, when surrounded by these zealots?

I'm already having a difficult time accepting the witch hunting in the first place, especially since
Triss cleared the mages and sorcerers of all involvement in Loc Muinne
in my playthrough of Witcher 2. But them going after an
alchemist?

About that. How could he have done what he did? Sure, "the fiery beasts" forming that message made me smile a little, and yeah, now I hate Radovid too, but how could
Kalkstein
do that?

Nope, this I did not see coming. I'm just hoping there will be more to this than a mere mention. Actually I'm hoping to walk around Novigrad, entering a herbalist shop only to hear:
"Might rubedo be better?"

Ah, damn it all.

Last edited:
It's a spoiler forum so no need to conceal.

And yes, the Witch Hunters are going against alchemists, Herbalists, and Fortune Tellers.

They're bad ****ing people.

He was killed because they wanted people to be ANGRY at the Witch-Hunters.

And no, there's no further mention of him in the game.

At least Kalkstein died w/ an epic death:cheers:

Radovid needed to finance his war, 1st he started w/ the mages then alchemist, herbalist and etc. After you help Triss, the eternal fire and Novigard guard (actually working w/ Radovid) run out to blame so they started burning non-humans to get there wealth in later game

It's a spoiler forum so no need to conceal.

And yes, the Witch Hunters are going against alchemists, Herbalists, and Fortune Tellers.

They're bad ****ing people.

He was killed because they wanted people to be ANGRY at the Witch-Hunters.

And no, there's no further mention of him in the game.

Aye, I know, and if you ventured here not noticing the spoiler warnings you need to check your eyesight. But I was once moderated for not having enough spoiler tags...so this is the result. :happy:

But I think you actually have a point there. It's to tug at our heartstrings. Damn the devs and their writing skills affecting us so much. No more mentions huh? Yeah, so this changed my disposition severely.

First off, I was also greatly saddened by Kalkstein's demise, even though he should totally know that Albedo is always better.

Second off, how have you managed 175 hours and not gotten further than that?! If I didn't have an intense hatred for the witch hunters I'd have reported you for vile sorcery ;)

First off, I was also greatly saddened by Kalkstein's demise, even though he should totally know that Albedo is always better.

Second off, how have you managed 175 hours and not gotten further than that?! If I didn't have an intense hatred for the witch hunters I'd have reported you for vile sorcery ;)

I couldn't agree more Sir, potions from Albedo is way better than both Rubedo and Nigredo. I mean a way to reduce potion toxicity...love it! :thumbup: Ah the memories. ^_^

As for the hours...it is a matter of choice and immersion. There's nothing to it really, I take my time. Squeezed 200 hours out of Skyrim before choosing(!) to let main quest continue. Ergo I was dragonless for 200 hours. ^_^

I could rush through any game if I wanted to. But feel free to look through many of my posts here to learn that when I say I savour my time with a game, I do mean really just that. I savour my time.

In Witcher 3 I walk a lot, taking in the views whenever I feel like it. Also a lot of immersion, Geralt having a shave in the morning, browse stores, reading books, looking over crafting, exploring the countryside, looking for work and what have you. Then some rounds of Gwent and perhaps something else. ::)

Mind you, I play Witcher 3 somewhat differently than other games, and I've never explored so little of the world before continuing main quests and picking up contracts from notice boards. There is a simple explanation for that:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...White-Orchard-quest(mild-main-quest-spoilers)

But I'll be fair and state the time. Last time I looked it said I had spent seven(7) days and seven(7) hours and a couple of minutes playing the game. I guess that translates it to 175 hours unless I've gotten something wrong.
You really wanna sick the witch hunters on me? Well, then I guess it's time I reveal I've yet to visit Skellige. :p

Oh well, time for that fencing lesson with var Attre. :happy:

Top Bottom