What the hell happened with vampires ?

+
What the hell happened with vampires ?

Why dont the high vampires look like they are described in the books, or in the cgi launch trailer. I mean wtf, i really love this game, but the moment i felt building up to meeting a high vampire just got destroyed at seeing that lame mouse/bat thingy. Nah, it really surprised me that's all, and i wonder what was the purpose of changing their appearance so drastically ?

I mean come on, a giant bat ? whyyy :/

Where there are multiple kinds of vampires... The giant bat type of vampire is a Katakan. The other bat type is an Ekimmara. If you're talking about a "Night to Remember" launch trailer where the girl is actually a vampire, that is a Bruxa. A different type of vampire altogether.

Last edited:
Yeah, i guess i was looking forward to meeting a Bruxa then. But then again Emiel Regis only transformed to a giant bat when he flew around, he was in human form the rest of the time during combat and so on. I dont know it feels like i was cheated somehow i guess with the whole "High vampire" thing, when in the books the only one fitting that description is in a form of a man and not a bat . Damn i would love to have Bruxas and HIgh vampire more like Emiel Regis

I had trouble telling the difference between a katakan and ekkimara by the model. Didn't really need to, since their vulnerabilities and abilities were more or less identical. That's what was particularly disappointing to me: katakans (higher vampires) and ekkima (lower vampires) were no different from each other.

I also was expecting bruxae, alps... Would've been cool to see a Nosferat as well, which is what I suspect Regis was. A little more variety.

Even the Gwent Monster deck has better vampire variation than the actual game.

I was also disappointed by this.

hope CDPR will make some high vempire and bruxas in the expensions... well they have to T_T
and maybe more monsters

Same as you i was disappointed from the giant ratbat model it felt like a lower vampire.

The funny thing is that the witcher 3 have an incredible base for a witcher 1 bruxa, all that need to be done is to use a model of one of the ladies of the night from the sabbath quest and tint it to match the bruxa color. Give it some nice abilities and we have an incredible enemy that feel a part of the witcher world.

Last edited:
This is what I meant with it, that this game is in regard of monster population so extreme EMPTY and that TW3 is in a dire need for a patch, that significantly increases in Velen/Skellige/White Orchard/Kaer Morhen, the 4 biggest explorable landparts of this game so far the monster population, so that CDPR implements again tons of missing monsters to fill up these huge empty lands with more content and danger...

You can basically run through Velen for minutes, without encounterign something dangerous there!! And if you find something, its most likely sadly always the same crap

* Bandits
* Wolves
* Nekkers
* Drowners
* Endregas
* Bears (rarely)

TW1 and TW2 offered so much good monster variety together, monster variety, that TW3 absolutely needs back, so that the game world feels more full of live.
Theres also no monster variety between day and night.
One should expect to see a big difference between daytimes, that you see at night alot more night active monsters and creatures, than on day time and vice versa.

CDPR should put alot of creatures from the previous games into TW3 to fitting places:

* Bloedzuigers, perfect creature for Velens swamps and marshland regions
* Fleders, Garkyns, Bruxa, Ekimmaras, Katakans, Nosferatu, should be alot more findable at night in town and village regions, but especialyl in the large town regions where alot of peopel live naturally, but you should meet on them also sometimes outside of these regions at night
* Barghests/Hellhounds would be an awesome alternative at nights instead of Wolves and silly Wild Hounds
* Archespores/Echinopsae would be nice for forest regions, caves and swamps like in TW1
* Frightener would be awesome as a Witcher Contract Monster
* Kayran would be awesomr as a Witcher Contract Monster in the swamplands of Velen
* Striga would be good as a Witcher Contract Monster for town regions
* Zeugl would be a good Witcher Contract Monster for Novigrads sewers
* Vye (Giant Centipedes) would be nice for open fields, forest regions and caves
* Vodyanoi would be nice in all kinds of water regions
* Kikimore (Queen) would be nice as Witcher Contract for forest regions, caves
* Cemetaurs/Graveirs would be nice to find them at night, at cemeteries, in towns at night...in general, make towns not so save regions, in TW1 you were nowhere safe, even ot in towns!!
* Griggs, please, place these friendly little creatures somewhere into the game again
* Zombies (at night basically everywhere) or as part of some new human enemies (who summon them Necromancers!)
* Draugs/Draugr in Skellige
* Gralls in caves
* Add 1 or 2 more killable Dopplers to ensure, that you can get bot, the Doppler Decoction and the lvl 42 Gwyhyr Sword Scheme for sparing the first kilalble doppler in its contract

God, the game would be so much better, of just only half of this list would be findable in the game!!

Actually, what happened to that Vampire in the trailer that asks is it May 19th yet? I didn't even come across it in the game. Don't tell me I missed him somewhere? =/

i guess that part of those creatures will be able to find them-self in the game by modders, i hope that the witcher 3 will have a good import engine, in order to import creatures from the witcher 1. the witcher 3 have a lot more creatures then the witcher 2 the maps in that game ware small and gave the illusion of densly populated areas. personally i prefer the realistic view where the land is not densely populated by creatures as an mmo, love the fact that i can explore and enjoy the land without fighting every second.

Edit:
Actually, what happened to that Vampire in the trailer that asks is it May 19th yet? I didn't even come across it in the game. Don't tell me I missed him somewhere? =/
he is there, here is how you go to him.

You missed him somewhere. He's a little tricky to find unless you know where to look, since the Novigrad sewers are not at all connected the way I thought they would be. You just have to find the right entrance, and you'll find him.

This is what I meant with it, that this game is in regard of monster population so extreme EMPTY and that TW3 is in a dire need for a patch, that significantly increases in Velen/Skellige/White Orchard/Kaer Morhen, the 4 biggest explorable landparts of this game so far the monster population, so that CDPR implements again tons of missing monsters to fill up these huge empty lands with more content and danger...

You can basically run through Velen for minutes, without encounterign something dangerous there!! And if you find something, its most likely sadly always the same crap

* Bandits
* Wolves
* Nekkers
* Drowners
* Endregas
* Bears (rarely)

TW1 and TW2 offered so much good monster variety together, monster variety, that TW3 absolutely needs back, so that the game world feels more full of live.
One should expect to see a big difference between daytimes, that you see at night alot more night active monsters and creatures, than on day time and vice versa.

CDPR should put alot of creatures from the previous games into TW3 to fitting places:

* Fleders, Garkyns, Bruxa, Ekimmaras, Katakans, Nosferatu, should be alot more findable at night in town and village regions, but especialyl in the large town regions where alot of peopel live naturally, but you should meet on them also sometimes outside of these regions at night
* Barghests/Hellhounds would be an awesome alternative at nights instead of Wolves and silly Wild Hounds
* Archespores/Echinopsae would be nice for forest regions, caves and swamps like in TW1
* Kayran would be awesomr as a Witcher Contract Monster in the swamplands of Velen
* Vye (Giant Centipedes) would be nice for open fields, forest regions and caves
* Cemetaurs/Graveirs would be nice to find them at night, at cemeteries, in towns at night...in general, make towns not so save regions, in TW1 you were nowhere safe, even ot in towns!!
* Griggs, please, place these friendly little creatures somewhere into the game again
* Zombies (at night basically everywhere) or as part of some new human enemies (who summon them Necromancers!)
* Gralls in caves
* Add 1 or 2 more killable Dopplers to ensure, that you can get bot, the Doppler Decoction and the lvl 42 Gwyhyr Sword Scheme for sparing the first kilalble doppler in its contract

God, the game would be so much better, of just only half of this list would be findable in the game!!

you realize you cant put all possible monsters the Witcher world has into single area? some of those are specific to certain parts of the world, they cant be all in Velen... and regarding vampires, it was already stated few times, second expansion - Blood and Wine - will be focused on vampires

You missed him somewhere. He's a little tricky to find unless you know where to look, since the Novigrad sewers are not at all connected the way I thought they would be. You just have to find the right entrance, and you'll find him.

Was it part of some quest? Or do you just randomly encounter it? I am still playing the game, so maybe I can see him.

* Bandits
* Wolves
* Nekkers
* Drowners
* Endregas
* Bears (rarely)

* Gralls in caves

You're asking for too many things. I think you fail to understand why witchers aren't being created anymore. While I agree there should be more monster variants and the world to be populated by them there are reasons to stand by. Some of things you're asking for are unique to certain areas (like frighteners) or things completely alien to the witcher universe like zombies. Please stop.

Top Bottom