What the hell happened with vampires ?

+
The quest is the cave of dreams, it is a skelige side quest obtained after Contract: The Phantom of Eldberg.

There are 3 ways to go to madman when geralt is in jail while playing the quest Stranger in a Strange Land. First if you have axii you can use it, second you can talk with one of the prisoners there (the named one) you will ow him a favor afterwards, last is to fist fight all the prisoners the guard will be impressed after defeating all 4,

Last edited:
The quest is the cave of dreams, it is a skelige side quest obtained after Contract: The Phantom of Eldberg.

I see

Those two guys never approached me in the tavern after finishing the contract (maybe because I let the lighthouse keeper go?). Anyways it's impossible for me now to trigger that quest since everyone in Kaer Muire are dead. :p

I will need to replay the game or reload an earlier save but thanks a lot for the info!

I let him go too, and the quest intiated. the two guys should come to you after finishing the contract, thy will start a fistfight that will turn to sword fight, geralt will kill them, afterwards geralt ill go to prison.

I let him go too, and the quest intiated. the two guys should come to you after finishing the contract, thy will start a fistfight that will turn to sword fight, geralt will kill them, afterwards geralt ill go to prison.

Oh... then I guess my game bugged out. xP

I see

Those two guys never approached me in the tavern after finishing the contract (maybe because I let the lighthouse keeper go?). Anyways it's impossible for me now to trigger that quest since everyone in Kaer Muire are dead. :p

I will need to replay the game or reload an earlier save but thanks a lot for the info!
Probably because you did the
banquet in Kaer Trolde quest before (the one with the bears). The Cave of Dreams guys are killed by the bears

I think is true: I never used Black blood in tw3 :( And I miss its effects, indeed. It's too easy killing a vampire with swallow and sword... too easy

I'm not asking for it that CDPR should implement absolutely everything from my list, thats why I said, that already just half of that list would be awesome enough.

With a more dense moster population I also don#t suggest to make the game as dense like a classical F2P MMORPG or so, but Velen as it is right now, is even for a realistical designed world way too empty. Compare TW3 with the swamp regions of TW1 and even there the maps were alot more dense with monster population.
Sure, the maps were much smaller, but on relation you should expect on such huge areas alot more creatures to be found and that you find also different monsters at night, as when you run around at day time. one should expect to see at night time alot more necrophages, ghosts, and cursed creatures as also night active animals and insects. Nights should thus feel alot more dangerous, so that you actually see, that it is more save to travel around at day time.

Zombies exist within the Witcher Universe indirectly
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie

Yes, in the books they aren't specifically mentioned, but necromancy exists in the universe of the witcher, which is why I suggested as new human enemy type Necromancers, that are able to summon Zombies... and i nthe end Zombies are nothign different, than Necrophrages, which are similar to Rotfiends/Drowners, so whats your problem??? In TW2 is even a quest about Necromancy ...

I also think I made in my postign clear enough, that they should add only creatures, to regions and places, that make sense, thats why I named also the regions, where i think it makes sense to place them. That naturall not everything should be put only into Velon is also clear, thats why i mentioned all four big explorable regions. But personally I weren't yet anywhere else, than in Velen :p Thats why my postintg maybe sounds like being mainly focused on Velen.
But Velen isn't the only place with Caves, Forests, Seas ect ;)

And for the more unique creatures, thats also why the more rarer ones should be made only as Witcher Contracts, not as something that you find running around everywhere, like a Frightener, which inself can only exist with the help of a Mage ...
In the end i mentioned it only, because I'd love to see on in the game..the so far only one existed only in TW1 and was barely a real challenging fight at all.
I'd love to fight one with TW3s real time combat system now and liek to see, how one of these thigns would look like now under TW3's graphic engine ^^.

I think is true: I never used Black blood in tw3 :( And I miss its effects, indeed. It's too easy killing a vampire with swallow and sword... too easy

Well I used it on several occasions when fighting Alghouls while being crazily underleveled (The Mystery of the Byways Murders for example). It heavily depends on your play style and how hard challenges you make for yourself, I personally found Black Blood crucial in my TW3 playthrough. I never used it nor needed it when fighting vampires tho, which is sad.

Last edited:
This is what I meant with it, that this game is in regard of monster population so extreme EMPTY and that TW3 is in a dire need for a patch, that significantly increases in Velen/Skellige/White Orchard/Kaer Morhen, the 4 biggest explorable landparts of this game so far the monster population, so that CDPR implements again tons of missing monsters to fill up these huge empty lands with more content and danger...

You can basically run through Velen for minutes, without encounterign something dangerous there!! And if you find something, its most likely sadly always the same crap

* Bandits
* Wolves
* Nekkers
* Drowners
* Endregas
* Bears (rarely)

TW1 and TW2 offered so much good monster variety together, monster variety, that TW3 absolutely needs back, so that the game world feels more full of live.
Theres also no monster variety between day and night.

TW2:

Woods near Flotsam:

* Nekkers
* Endregas
* Rotfiends

Vergen:

* Harpies
* Roftiends

Loc Muinne:

* Harpies
* Gargoyles
* Soldiers
* Endregas

I wouldn't exactly call that variety. You also forgot that both Velen and White Orchard have Wolves, Wild Dogs, and Velen also has a couple of Cyclops, two Leshens, Water Hags, a Fiend, Gargoyle and no shortage of Wraiths that can be accessed outside of Witcher contracts. The Witcher 3 definitely has a lot more than the Witcher 2.

TW2:

Woods near Flotsam:

* Nekkers
* Endregas
* Rotfiends

Vergen:

* Harpies
* Roftiends

Loc Muinne:

* Harpies
* Gargoyles
* Soldiers
* Endregas

I wouldn't exactly call that variety. You also forgot that both Velen and White Orchard have Wolves, Wild Dogs, and Velen also has a couple of Cyclops, two Leshens, Water Hags, a Fiend, Gargoyle and no shortage of Wraiths that can be accessed outside of Witcher contracts. The Witcher 3 definitely has a lot more than the Witcher 2.

I believe there were some Nekkers in Vergen (that one spot where like a thousand run at you and then burrow).

I think the main difference is that the maps were smaller in TW2 and it seemed like you came across various monsters more often. In TW3, you can run around for a long time before coming across a monster.

In regard of potions, CDPR has alot to fix and add...black blood is just underwhelming.
The effect of it shoudl get changed, that it should stun necrophages if they deal damage to you and to more powerful the potion is, so lnger iwll the stun last.
Stun would be alot more useful, than the ridiculous low damage that they receive from the potion currently, because stun would allow Geralt to reposition yourself into an advantageous spot to attack the stunned enemy from behind with strong attacks that might lead to a decapitation or other instant kill finisher.

Stun would give you also time after beign hit, to recover your QUEN...
An other thing as effect that woudl be better for Black Blood would be to change its effect to somethign ,that is not a passive effect, but instead an active effect, because using QUEN, which you should do mostly all the times in combat, makes the passive effect of black blood basically completely obsolete...

An active effect for Black Blood could be that gives you a chance to freeze necrophages with your attacks, so that its alot likelier for you to slow down necrophages, what woudl be especially useful agaisnt those super fast drowners, alghouls and hags, while instead it could stun humans/beasts, so that the potion in general will be also more useful and not something, that is useful against necrophages only.

PS. the magic word here was TW1 and TW2 "together"... if you look at both games together, their monnster variation is bigger, than in TW3.

TW1 alone had like around 38 different creature types = total of 52 together
TW2 added on top of this 14 more new ones that weren't in TW1

TW3's bestiary against this offers (excluding unique contract creatures of same monster types) around 46 creatures.
TW3 shares alot of creatures from the previous games, thats why you should look at TW1 and TW2 as combined list.
My list just showed which monsters are all missing in TW3, which mostly existed all previously in TW1, because CDPR copied practically mostly everythign from TW2 over into TW3, except t4 creatures - Kayran, Gralls, Draugs and Draugurs

Especially the latter 2 would fit so perfectly to Skellige, cause Skellige is basically the Skyrim Homage par excellence with a northern viking theme (Ulfhedins, Jarls ect.) and Draugs/Draugurs are in the northern viking mythologies, basically their form of "zombies/undeads/mummies" kind of thing while draugurs were there kind of what the Wild Hunt is in TW3, much more powerful undeads, more like intelligent lichs with an own will/soul, that drives them, while the lesser draugs are just mindless walking deads driven with just only pure bloodlust and hunger from flesh of the living similar to the zombies from resident evil which would even still try to kill and bite you, even if you chop off their arms 'n' legs until you blast off their heads xD
The kind of real creepy undeads that never give up ^^

Last edited:
The main problem is quantity.

I remember the initial talk from CDPR about night being much harder....I have only noticed the odd extra ghoul and that might be me looking for something. You should bump into the odd Ekimmara or Katakan. Even if they do not want to include Fledders, Alps, Bruxae and Garkains, a few more already found monsters would be nice.

What would be nice is the entire Bestiary of Witcher 1....

+1 for this thread. It's interesting that Witcher 1 is still the best in some ways, like monster models and the variety.

I fully expected to see a higher vampire in a human form, when doing the alcoholic vampire quest in Oxenfurt.

+1 for this thread. It's interesting that Witcher 1 is still the best in some ways, like monster models and the variety.

I fully expected to see a higher vampire in a human form, when doing the alcoholic vampire quest in Oxenfurt.

I kind of wanted to find Regis regenerating somewhere, if that is even possible considering what happened to him.

Top Bottom