What the hell is this new ploughing version of Gwent?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I'm growing more than a bit weary of this recurring comparison. . . . However, in the interest of instruction, in what ways does it specifically resemble Hearthstone? What particular elements remind people of that game? Vague comparisons aren't much good, nor are they especially valauble as constructive criticisms, so can we have a few concrete examples, please?
you've had two extremely thorough replies, criticizing this game, so I can see you are either offline and have yet to get to them, or you are one of the people who think their word is concrete, and just spit stuff out then abandon anything criticizing or replying to what they just said.
I will look on the bright side, and patiently await

at least braindead pointspam is punished, witchers+roach in round1 makes your hand trash in round3;)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 286
Tutorial is crap. Provides nothing but false information and doesn't even mention half of the need to know. Reach, immunity. Etc etc.
Cards draws? Played my friend. Round one he fucked up and spent 3 more cards to win. Round 3 we are back to ten cards each. Why is he being rewarded for making mistakes? Is this designed to be a game for children now?
This is probably my biggest complaint how rounds don't mean anything as well as hand size. Go down 3 cards to win, dry pass now your Opponents cards are going to get discarded since they played cautiously, which sucks. I hate having a 10 card round 3.

People were complaining this game feels more like HS instead of GWENT.

1. You haven't remove the hand limit.

2. You haven't remove the obnoxious RNG cards in the game. WTF you do not understand that NF reveal decks have no place in GWENT. The community simply doesn't want a RNG fiesta.

3. You haven't removed the draw 3 cards each round that.

4. You haven't fixed the strategy issues with mulligan.

5. You haven't improved the graphic presentation--- my hand is still too low for me to properly see cards.

6. You haven't fixed the problems with first player advantage.

Can we please have the old GWENT back?

The progression system appears ok thought :p

This Gwent is a Victim from Tronebreaker and i fell really sad that CD Projekt have do this XYXYYXYXY .I dont like this new Gwent. Really Sad ! For what i have play the Beta ? AHHHHH for a Genius that want more money .THX

Great disappointment. Many cards have the same picture, but they do the effect of another card, I don´t understand why, it´s really confusing. There are so many new rules, so many pretty animations, but at the end of the day… more clicks, no fun. New board looks nice, but I`s not well-arranged, one wrong click of a mouse and you card is doing absolutely different effect. The game is slow as hell. Well I`ll give it a try, but for now I`m pissed off, partly subjectively, because I enjoyed playing swap/boost scoia`tael tactic in beta. It`s gone. I loved my cup of coffee and smart play. Why I should play this colorful, confusing... something?

Please bring the old game back because I don't like this game and I don't have to like it. It is not the game I was playing and enjoying a day ago. I don't care anything about your fancy looking 3-D animations or leaders at all. If you won't bring the old game back, at least give us a chance to choose which version we want to play. Or I'm leaving.

Please bring the old game back because I don't like this game and I don't have to like it. It is not the game I was playing and enjoying a day ago. I don't care anything about your fancy looking 3-D animations or leaders at all. If you won't bring the old game back, at least give us a chance to choose which version we want to play. Or I'm leaving.

Well put, my friend! ONWARDS!

Well i am speechless. Played 2-3 ranked games and quited the game after with 520000+ scraps to make decks. Thats a huge cluster^@^@ i ll wait a few weeks to see if anything gets improved but not loging again for the time being. I cant even see the cards in my hand people mentioned how annoying that curved hand is since the first homecoming reveal video yet it made it live... Not to mention we dont have a single decent board (as in a real board game) option. Anyway i still have faith in CDPR and hope they will improve some things but what i saw was unplayable for me. Beta version was way better all it needed was some balance changes.

But I'll entertain you.
you've had two extremely thorough replies, criticizing this game, so I can see you are either offline and have yet to get to them, or you are one of the people who think their word is concrete, and just spit stuff out then abandon anything criticizing or replying to what they just said.
I will look on the bright side, and patiently await
I occasionally am off-line. This simply happened to have been the case.

I don’t often write long posts anymore, for various reasons, but I feel there are few points worth presenting:

When expressing my personal opinions, or asking others to expound upon their own, I enjoy seeing intelligent, reasonable conversations. That's why I occasionally post remarks intended to draw out a discussion, if I believe it could be explored a bit further. I welcome thoughtful comments and criticisms, and prefer to see people provide detailed, thorough feedback, explaining what they like or dislike about a game. Thank you for doing so. I personally dislike brief, uninformative comments or comparisons, as I feel these are less insightful in identifying what specific aspects may upset people or put them off a title.

I’ve seen many, many posts from passionate players, who made very astute observations. Likewise, I’ve seen more than enough wrath-filled complaints, often disproportionate to the topic of discussion. Indisputably, CDPR received overwhelming amounts of feedback from their community.

As a member of that community, I appreciate players’ dedication, time, energy, and their desire to assist CDPR in creating a game which they would enjoy. I understand some are quite frustrated with CDPR's final creative decisions for Gwent, and I can only say I am very sorry that their vision did not accord with the dissatisfied. However, I also know it is impossible to please everyone, and that the developers were under great pressure to answer the desires of a vast audience, many of whom occasionally had contradictory tastes in games.

Now, on a broader note:

Nearly every facet of Gwent has been criticised by someone at some time. I know, because I've been reading these criticisms for nearly two years -- just like the REDs! Elements which delighted some players were a bane to others. What some considered trivialities, others felt were vital to the project's success. In the face of such conflicting feedback, the developers were doubtless presented with the challenge of balancing these considerations, in some measure, in order to deliver a final product, which would, hopefully, please many of that audience. The result seems to me to be a compromise -- not merely a compromise between the various diverse factions within the community; but also on the part of the developers -- many of whom had to chuck months of work in the bin as a result, re-envision their game, and create new content from scratch. They had to salvage a project after marked public outcry, yet still attempt to maintain aspects which players enjoyed, address those which many did not, introduce new aspects -- and all the while attempt to incorporate, preserve, and express their own artistic concepts and personal gaming preferences. What a balancing act!

Personally, I think this version of Gwent has potential, and would encourage players to give it a try, rather than demand a return to the previous stages in the Betas, or a complete rework. (Is it so much like Hearthstone? At this point, I honestly can’t tell.) I cannot, of course, force anyone to like this form of Gwent, nor would that be productive. All I can say is, give it a try, and, if, afterwards, you are still convinced it is not the game of your dreams, I am sorry, and farewell.

The above is my personal reaction to many, many months of negative and critical feedback. It is, of course, my own, unofficial, assessment of the situation.

Is there any way to go back to playing Beta? Seriously. I've been trying to force myself to enjoy this new version and I'm just heart broken. This is such a dramatic change. The layout isn't as appealing, the cards feel dumbed down...I'm actually getting choked up writing how awful this is. But, CDPR doesn't let fans down. Just feel like I got kicked in the gut. I was counting down to this release!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Got a few complaints here:

- the starter decks are trash (at least the ones i played so far). I think they're all like 70% the same, which is a great indicator of faction identity being gone, one of the biggest problems with this 'Homecoming'

- the hand where you could barely see your cards... why, just why?

- the reduction of the points, to combat the dreaded 'powercreep' seems to be just a tactic to create the illusion of being more balanced, since now the final points are usually closer. Because in reality...

- there are more worthless cards than ever. I know they're supposed to be balanced according to their provision cost, but there are cards that get the job done and others that just dont

- this 'order' thing seems to be one of the biggest new mechanics. Do you know what will happen? Everyone playing cards with deploy (instant effects) instead of orders, to avoid risk against control decks. The order units should have a significant better effect to balance the risk of using them, which is not the case.

- i said it in the PTR, ill say it again: no one will use NR, because of this order thing. Only used default decks so far, guess when was the time i won vs a non defaul deck? A NR deck, i won by +30pt difference.

It's taken me a good number of hours today to begin to understand things but I'm warming and like it. For the records I haven't touched gwent for many months and didn't like the state of the game after the midwinter patch.

I like the lower points all around, and the deck building flexibility with the provision system.

it seems there are more ways to adapt and execute a strategy now compared to the previous open beta mess where the meta decks and hardcounters were kind of brainless.

The orders and deployment system adds another layer of complexity together with the new leaders. I'm glad that there are no insane point swings and it's all about small margins, although part of me does miss some of it.

So far I have been testing Discard SK and Movement ST - the former I am not there yet, but the latter feels much ore playable than before. It's not a one trick gameplan anymore.

Sure when the dust settles and meta decks emerge there could be similar brainless play as open beta, too early to tell, but so far it seems an improvement. :)

I occasionally am off-line. This simply happened to have been the case.

I don’t often write long posts anymore, for various reasons, but I feel there are few points worth presenting:

When expressing my personal opinions, or asking others to expound upon their own, I enjoy seeing intelligent, reasonable conversations. That's why I occasionally post remarks intended to draw out a discussion, if I believe it could be explored a bit further. I welcome thoughtful comments and criticisms, and prefer to see people provide detailed, thorough feedback, explaining what they like or dislike about a game. Thank you for doing so. I personally dislike brief, uninformative comments or comparisons, as I feel these are less insightful in identifying what specific aspects may upset people or put them off a title.

I’ve seen many, many posts from passionate players, who made very astute observations. Likewise, I’ve seen more than enough wrath-filled complaints, often disproportionate to the topic of discussion. Indisputably, CDPR received overwhelming amounts of feedback from their community.

As a member of that community, I appreciate players’ dedication, time, energy, and their desire to assist CDPR in creating a game which they would enjoy. I understand some are quite frustrated with CDPR's final creative decisions for Gwent, and I can only say I am very sorry that their vision did not accord with the dissatisfied. However, I also know it is impossible to please everyone, and that the developers were under great pressure to answer the desires of a vast audience, many of whom occasionally had contradictory tastes in games.

Now, on a broader note:

Nearly every facet of Gwent has been criticised by someone at some time. I know, because I've been reading these criticisms for nearly two years -- just like the REDs! Elements which delighted some players were a bane to others. What some considered trivialities, others felt were vital to the project's success. In the face of such conflicting feedback, the developers were doubtless presented with the challenge of balancing these considerations, in some measure, in order to deliver a final product, which would, hopefully, please many of that audience. The result seems to me to be a compromise -- not merely a compromise between the various diverse factions within the community; but also on the part of the developers -- many of whom had to chuck months of work in the bin as a result, re-envision their game, and create new content from scratch. They had to salvage a project after marked public outcry, yet still attempt to maintain aspects which players enjoyed, address those which many did not, introduce new aspects -- and all the while attempt to incorporate, preserve, and express their own artistic concepts and personal gaming preferences. What a balancing act!

Personally, I think this version of Gwent has potential, and would encourage players to give it a try, rather than demand a return to the previous stages in the Betas, or a complete rework. (Is it so much like Hearthstone? At this point, I honestly can’t tell.) I cannot, of course, force anyone to like this form of Gwent, nor would that be productive. All I can say is, give it a try, and, if, afterwards, you are still convinced it is not the game of your dreams, I am sorry, and farewell.

The above is my personal reaction to many, many months of negative and critical feedback. It is, of course, my own, unofficial, assessment of the situation.

IMO you said it all with the phrase 'chuck months of work in the bin as a result, re-envision their game, and create new content from scratch'. From scratch means to me.. give up the old, leaving only remnants (without 'fessing up to your player base'). And so you all did, and this is what we get... really an arguably new beta disguised as a completed game evolved from the successful years-long old beta. And the jolly hopium with the Utube promotionals? a big sigh. Guess we'll see if your gamble pays off. It is, after all, IMO, a completely new game.

I can't figure out the purpose of your posts here. You started with "I am sick of all these comments comparing HC to Hearthstone. Explain yourself," then came back with a textbook post pleading for CDPR. First of all, IRRELEVANT. Secondly, yes that is your opinion and what you'd like to believe to be happened. However, in my mind, I think this is what happened behind the curtain;

The director comes in, and flops pages of data showing monthly earnings down on the table, and says: "Hearthstone made a lot money. We have to do something about it." Personel 1: "Like what?" The director: "Change it up. Make it flashier, an eye catcher. Make it suitable for a mobile game. We gotta have that piece of pie." Personel 1: "How about removing one row to make cards bigger so they are better perceptible on the screen of a mobile phone?" The director: "Excellent idea. What else?" Personel 2: "Make it more clicky like those clicky phone games." The director: "Good. And?" Personel 1: "Reduce the abilities of cards in general. 2 bronzes only. Retain RNG and make it more draw RNG dependent ... kinda like Hearthstone." The director: "Excellent. Just what I wanted to hear!" Personel 3: "What about all the updates and changes we've been working to improve the beta?" The director: "TRASH CAN. RIGHT NOW."

LOL! To all seriousness, the changes that's seen in HC are very specific. No fans ever asked for a slow paced gameplay, but that's present in HC. No fans ever asked for clicking, clicking, and more clicking, but HC has that. No fans ever asked for deleting a row, but that's what happened to HC. No fans ever asked for removing faction identities and archetypes, but they were barely present in HC. What you said there contradicts to what's actually perceived from HC. If CDPR really listened to fans and made changes per fans' requests, why would they do something that no fans ever asked for? CDPR had a goal and it is clearly written in HC. They don't want the old Gwent back. They want Hearthstone.

Also, I can't speak for everyone, but I gave HC a chance, and I believe many people who asked for the old Gwent already have. So please. Stop assuming outraged fans as entitled children throwing tantrums. I loved Gwent and want to continuously love Gwent, but the problem is HC inspires me nothing.

Seriously, bring back the beta version of GWENT, please god almighty, the matches take twice as long and the new cards suck
Post automatically merged:

OK here are some constructive criticisms of the game so far.

1. This new format of game play takes too long, the matches have nearly doubled in match time. Which in turn bores the player, especially a dedicated one who wants to go up in rank quicker.

2. the changes for ALL of the cards effects and strength. you have basically punched everyone in the gut who has been playing the BETA for over the past year. Strategies have to be completely revamped and most of the factions identities are dumbed down to fit a mediocre play style.

3. bring back the siege row and introduce drag and drop back into the interface, the process is more smooth

4. the reward tree system is the only new facet that I actually like regarding this game, it allows new players to attain more kegs in a faster pace and allows them to become more on par with more experienced players.

5. why give a 10 limit card start at the end of each round? This strategy actually hinders people who are focusing on a strategy to make the other player burn down their deck.

Please bring back the BETA version and keep the rewards tree, that is all!

Last edited:
I really hate this new version. I'd only just picked up the game last week as I've been playing through Witcher 3 and I love gwent in that so I wanted to try the online version. I noticed there were a few differences but there were enough similarities that it still felt like the same game I've fallen in love with in Witcher 3.

Since I only started a week ago this new update took me completely by surprise. It's not even remotely the same game anymore and I don't find it fun at all. I could maybe get into it with a lot more time but I see no reason to do so over just playing on my bit over five year old hearthstone account because I didn't really enjoy what little I did today and there's very little to explain how things work in game. And I've been actively looking for something not hearthstone for a year now. Yesterday I could have definitely considered this.

I've uninstalled and I don't expect to come back. I just wanted to voice my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom