What to do after everything is completed?

+
what people man?

I did enjoyed the game what are you talking about? just dont confuse others thats all.

This is a single player action game, is not open world, is not RPG. Are you in love with the game? fine, im glad you enjoyed but dont come and tell me whats open world & RPG, played a lot of games, this is not open world, and is not RPG.

You finish the game and thats it, you cant do anything else, i finished all gigs, and all NCPD mini-quests, nothing to explore,, nothing to do, nothing to "role play" with it.

Just some lineal path quests, and is fine, is a great story, but is nothing else than a story.

and believe me i know the game, played more than you for sure:
View attachment 11112731

View attachment 11112728

So i am not only "saying" it, i did all the endings, even the secret one and all the versions, nomad, street kid and corpo.

V is always the same, it slightly changes, is just a straight linequest with tiny differences, and once you finish, is done, u cant keep playing.

So lets call the things as they are, and dont lie ourselves.
Well put, some people just compare this game to GTA but htye forget that in GTA you can just go and play tennis or do some other stuff endlessly making the game be more of an open world game with indeed endless activities, albeit very repetitive after a while.

Was going to mention that you can go for the rest of the achievements, they're rather bothersome to get, more like annoying if having berserk and jumping ludicrous heights to super land on enemies is not your thing, but that's pretty much it for the game.

You can also go on some pages and read 2020's backstory then come back to 2077 and see if the ending you liked the most is still the one you like best, aside from that, well, there's always waiting for modders, they will surely make the game much better, you know how it is, bugthesda fallout games went through the same, bugs galore, decent story and then modders came and even FO3 and FO4 can be replayed.
Post automatically merged:

Bit easier to do when all that changes are a few lines of dialogue.
Indeed, much easier to think of a thorough story that'll change how a couple of pixels interact with you on every part of the map, not that it happens easily though, you'd need to either annihilate a place, or become a childkiller or wrap some quests in not the usual ways, but the elements are much, much more present in fallout earlier games rather than in CP, don't get me wrong, game is good (2077) but that's just it, it's an action game with RPG sprinkled on top.
Enjoyable? Damn right it is, but it also becomes boring pretty fast, unless you're bug hunting, that can be fun, one thing CP and FO franchise share I guess lol

Last edited:
I think lots of people just want a really intrigueing RPG experience. Like expressing yourself in different mannerisms and dialogue which might lead to different outcomes.
for more simplified explanation one example would be the good, neutral, evil and lawful, neutral, chaotic alignments of the dungeons&dragons universe.
on top of that it would be nice to have side missions and/or choices in the main story which would differ in outcome later on ultimately leading to different end-game experiences/endings.

I agree this is all doable on a theoretical point, but to implement it, lore-, world-, quest-, story-, character-, gender-, approach- and choice- friendly is a herculean task to mash all together.

I know there are games out there that have achieved different kinds of the aforementioned stuff, but never was it on this scale and magnitude of needed implementation that needed to be taken into account.

Nevertheless it's stuff "we" want, but there are lots of construction-sites in this game that all needs fixing. Let's hope for they are able to get things done and then also let the modders cater for special needs that maybe can't be adressed or implemented by CDPR for PR reasons or whatever and let the modders do their job.

I wish the game had something similar to Borderlands where after the main story you can do some repetitive Boss runs, clear some places like military bases or bandits, with some awards at the end. I wish CP could implement something like randomly spawning quests from fixers, like save someone or eliminate, and you got some reputation points for each fixer mission to receive some cool offers from them like items or vehicles or unique implants.

I think lots of people just want a really intrigueing RPG experience. Like expressing yourself in different mannerisms and dialogue which might lead to different outcomes.
for more simplified explanation one example would be the good, neutral, evil and lawful, neutral, chaotic alignments of the dungeons&dragons universe.
on top of that it would be nice to have side missions and/or choices in the main story which would differ in outcome later on ultimately leading to different end-game experiences/endings.

I agree this is all doable on a theoretical point, but to implement it, lore-, world-, quest-, story-, character-, gender-, approach- and choice- friendly is a herculean task to mash all together.

I know there are games out there that have achieved different kinds of the aforementioned stuff, but never was it on this scale and magnitude of needed implementation that needed to be taken into account.

Nevertheless it's stuff "we" want, but there are lots of construction-sites in this game that all needs fixing. Let's hope for they are able to get things done and then also let the modders cater for special needs that maybe can't be adressed or implemented by CDPR for PR reasons or whatever and let the modders do their job.

I think people would want what's advertised, but maybe that's just me, let's say I'm selling anyone a product and said product is to be usable while taking a shower, customer uses the product in the shower and not only it doesn't work but it also breaks, that's not going to look good.

Having said that, if a fallout frontier or similar mods exist out there while it can be herculean it is highly doable, should be more so for a dev company that should know what they're doing, not dissing CDPR or your argument, just saying that things did not come out as mentioned at all so it's a clash of what was advertised, what came out and then yes, what people would like as well, a nice hodgepodge I'd say lol

Last edited:
I think people would want what's advertised, but maybe that's just me, let's say I'm selling anyone a product and said product is to be usable while taking a shower, customer uses the product in the shower and not only it doesn't work but it also breaks, that's not going to look good.

Having said that, if a fallout frontier or similar mods exist out there while it can be herculean it is highly doable, should be more so for a dev company that should know what they're doing, not dissing CDPR or your argument, just saying that thing did not come out as mentioned at all so it's a clash of what was advertised, what came out and then yes, what people would like as well, a nice hodgepodge I'd say lol

No I agree with you on the art, that this game is not really what I wanted either (a more RPG and interactive world.
I really couldn't care that much about the GTA or Saints Row aspects that much, but a bit more leaning towards that franchise (open world interactivity and NPC behavior) wouldn't hurt.

And this is where the only thing I can possibly do at this point: Making constructive criticisms, suggestion posts and hope/goodwill and support, so they will implement and create the game close or even better than that, which was advertised.

I don't blame or think critical voices and complaints are to be dismissed or shouldn't be there, they are rightfully voices. But it should stay at this level, getting refunds where they are demanded and being angry at generally/mostly not running last gen consoles (not that I care, but I don't dismiss them because of that).

NEVERTHELESS, "people" should not start complaining about the same stuff everywhere on the same thread under every video or whatever that is not about the obvious stated problems, but on very specific and also important features (missing or not) of the game.

This is not directed at you "Augurianius" but spoken out of my own "rage" towards lots of users/players/people:
It doesn't help to say "omgkthx plx fix the fkn game first and led itz rUn on cOnsolz hahaomgshit cdpr" in a thread about suggestions for including gameplay, open world features, romance options or whatever.
It really doesn't get more urgent, more important or anything if some troll, hate or just incite the flame like that, in my opinion it does the exact opposite.

Now sorry for my rant and back to the Topic.
I'm still all for more RPG- Elements in all aspects.

You could always do a Handicaps Run.

Resident Evil 4 was famous for this as you could literally play through the whole game several different times using different handicaps each time to make it fun. I think I sunk about 500 to 1000 hours in RE4 just using handicaps.

This game is no different. I'm currently doing a vending machine pistol only run and its really enjoyable for me at least.

Although new game plus on an even harder difficulty with different more lethal enemy types like how Borderlands does it with True and Ultimate Vault Hunter modes or how the Division does it with world tiers would be cool to see in the future.​

No I agree with you on the art, that this game is not really what I wanted either (a more RPG and interactive world.
I really couldn't care that much about the GTA or Saints Row aspects that much, but a bit more leaning towards that franchise (open world interactivity and NPC behavior) wouldn't hurt.

And this is where the only thing I can possibly do at this point: Making constructive criticisms, suggestion posts and hope/goodwill and support, so they will implement and create the game close or even better than that, which was advertised.

I don't blame or think critical voices and complaints are to be dismissed or shouldn't be there, they are rightfully voices. But it should stay at this level, getting refunds where they are demanded and being angry at generally/mostly not running last gen consoles (not that I care, but I don't dismiss them because of that).

NEVERTHELESS, "people" should not start complaining about the same stuff everywhere on the same thread under every video or whatever that is not about the obvious stated problems, but on very specific and also important features (missing or not) of the game.

This is not directed at you "Augurianius" but spoken out of my own "rage" towards lots of users/players/people:
It doesn't help to say "omgkthx plx fix the fkn game first and led itz rUn on cOnsolz hahaomgshit cdpr" in a thread about suggestions for including gameplay, open world features, romance options or whatever.
It really doesn't get more urgent, more important or anything if some troll, hate or just incite the flame like that, in my opinion it does the exact opposite.

Now sorry for my rant and back to the Topic.
I'm still all for more RPG- Elements in all aspects.

Oh I totally agree with you there, there's a clearly visible line between taking it out on CDPR and CP77 on how it came out, a good critique on game elements and aspects and, as you amazingly put it "say "omgkthx plx fix the fkn game first and led itz rUn on cOnsolz hahaomgshit cdpr".

I just keep thinking on how some poeple handle dissapointment, from what I gathered some people are simply on a warpath now because they expected a game that will revolutionize the gaming industry, something akin to "SEE BETHESDA? THIS IS HOW YOU RELEASE A GAME, TAKE THAT FALLOUT FRANCHISE" - Could've went for ubisoft but bethesda's easier lol - and they found, well they found what we have nowadays.

I mean sure, there's a lot, TON of bad, but there's also good and the company had its hiccups in the past so objectively looking at the game, yeah it's bad, but an enjoyable - thanks to some parts of the story -, sometimes fun - given the bugs - bad that will most likely get better if they put their focus on what's missing from advertised instead of going for MP.

But I digress as well, at least would like to see that from all the 7 endings there's a clear distinction, at least right until this moment there are 3 endings with side A nd B and whatever you did on the game does not affect that ending that much, you may get takemura instead of anders or give a different guitar to steve but the agency itself is pretty much lost.

Yes.

Also if you drink coffee and you effort yourself and tell yourself is a tea, it will taste like tea, is great i did it once.

I mean dont get me wrong, i do like the game as you, thats why i have 200 hs played on it. But forcing a walkaround for make it work as RPG/Open World is pointless, and is not that they advertice...
When you play an Open World, there is always something to do, something to explore, i dont know, anything... Here if you want to do it, you have to "load" a manual save, or autoload save, or start it over... and you will know EXACLY how everything will end up, maybe with some different small dialog line changes but...

You cant even reset your attribute points.
So you want to change your build and you have to start ir over, or do some weird manual save walkaround.
I mean, i see they were in a rush, but you guys are tough, i mean you are begging to kill the game, and leave it as it is.
Go ahead, do it, is a shame because i did liked the game, but i guess, there are communities and communities... All of us waited, and be a lot of patient for the release, didnt we?

So they release a buggy game

OK we tolerate it...

They said is open world, but you finish all activities in 1 week

Ok we tolerate it, anyway you can start over the same game, do the same story and change the build and you fix it, cool..

They said is RPG, but all the story is the same

Ok we tolerate it, because anyway, if you effort yourself and you start all it over 10 times, you might read 2 dialog lines you missed, and wow! you are role playing, is great.

Can you do all this? yes, but you are "forcing it" and you know EXACLY what will happen.
So much this!

Did all missions, gigs, police calls and cant find anything more, but I want to level my other skills and just shoot something more, does anyone has any idea where to find more enemies? I do find some gang members in city by small quantities, but thats way too little.
Also I hope for some daily missions or random spawns of gangs, random massive encounters and so on. It wouldnt be good if game just died after you finish everything. And no I dont want to start over, I want to reach maximum levels of all skills

Do something else. Read a book, go outside. Do you sit in cinema after movie and ending titles are already gone? :) You can always come back to this cinema and watch again but i would do that max 2-3 times and maybe again after some months/year later when its again in cinema. Thats my approach :)

I wish the game had something similar to Borderlands where after the main story you can do some repetitive Boss runs, clear some places like military bases or bandits, with some awards at the end. I wish CP could implement something like randomly spawning quests from fixers, like save someone or eliminate, and you got some reputation points for each fixer mission to receive some cool offers from them like items or vehicles or unique implants.

That's only gonna last for so long until it gets repetitive too. More importantly, CP isn't about combat like Borderlands is. It's about story and atmosphere. It's just a shame that all the bugs and poor performance, on consoles at least, completely take you out of it and combat is all you have left.

That's only gonna last for so long until it gets repetitive too. More importantly, CP isn't about combat like Borderlands is. It's about story and atmosphere. It's just a shame that all the bugs and poor performance, on consoles at least, completely take you out of it and combat is all you have left.
Game where all the mechanics revolve around combat, and where nearly every single mission revolves around combat....isn't about combat?

No matter from where you come (nomad, or street kid, or corpo) you end up doing the same mainline single player missions. Where is the role play there?.
You only have a small introduction of role play in each "faction" (nomad, street kid, corpo) then, till the "point of no return" the whole game is the same, your only choise is to "not" do a quest, or not "accepting" doing it. where is the role play there?

I could say the endings are where you can "role play" but everything between is the same thing.

And is not open world, because for "unlock" the city and different gigs you must advance in the mainquest, and if you finish the game, you cant keep playing, literally cant because if you did every quests, there is nothing to do.

You said some titles? let me add a few more
WoW, BDO, Elite Dangerous, Eve Online, Rift, Destiny 2, even GTA.

Those are Open World & RPG.

you cant role play if once you finish you cant keep playing, and is not open world if once you finish you cant explore it.

This game is more similar to the old RPG term, games like:
Monky Island, Gabriel Knight: sins of the father, full throttle, LBA.
All of them, great games, but once you finish, nothing to do. You cant to call them open world and RPG? okey go ahead, but i do not agree this game is open world or RPG, for me it doesnt acomplish the minimal requirements, having said that, the story is good, and the game is enjoyable.

So, lets call the things as they are. If you play a game that is based on a story, and once you finish you cant keep playing it, is not RPG and is not open world.

Besides RPG on our times is mostly related with MMOs, because thats where you can role play, on who you are.

having said that, i did liked the story, but once you finish the game, nothing to do, nothing to role play, nothing to discover. You do all the paths and thats it.

Might've quoted the wrong person, eh? ;) I mean, I agree with most of what you said, don't get me wrong! But uhm... people expect a lot of things to be able to roleplay nowadays - and while i'm a happy little bee too if i have millions of things to do... I'm also kinda happy with just running around a city and looking at things! I mean... sure it'd be way cooler if we could actually sit down and eat, if we could take out story friends on datess, if we could do things to earn money in ways that don't involve killing people and looting stuff but uhm - Like I said in the post you quoted - Roleplay starts in your head ;)

Sometimes it seems like people don't actually wanna roleplay, they just wanna have a themepark, where every stop is filled with many non-sense things that make em feel immersed. I love nonsense too, no worries but I also like having to find some of the fun myself! That sounded worse than I thought but uh... am not good at writing anyway. I've been spending about 100hours now since reaching the "point of no return" and I'm still enjoying just walking through the city messing with the gangs and stuff :censored:

I think we can agree tho, that the world is a little too empty and that there NEEDS to be more things we can do. Like things that actually happen in the world and not just our minds.

And hey, I'm sure the devs know that too and with a little bit of luck, we'll get lots of expansions to this game ;)

Might've quoted the wrong person, eh? ;) I mean, I agree with most of what you said, don't get me wrong! But uhm... people expect a lot of things to be able to roleplay nowadays - and while i'm a happy little bee too if i have millions of things to do... I'm also kinda happy with just running around a city and looking at things! I mean... sure it'd be way cooler if we could actually sit down and eat, if we could take out story friends on datess, if we could do things to earn money in ways that don't involve killing people and looting stuff but uhm - Like I said in the post you quoted - Roleplay starts in your head ;)

Sometimes it seems like people don't actually wanna roleplay, they just wanna have a themepark, where every stop is filled with many non-sense things that make em feel immersed. I love nonsense too, no worries but I also like having to find some of the fun myself! That sounded worse than I thought but uh... am not good at writing anyway. I've been spending about 100hours now since reaching the "point of no return" and I'm still enjoying just walking through the city messing with the gangs and stuff :censored:

I think we can agree tho, that the world is a little too empty and that there NEEDS to be more things we can do. Like things that actually happen in the world and not just our minds.

And hey, I'm sure the devs know that too and with a little bit of luck, we'll get lots of expansions to this game ;)

Completely agree to this :)

Hold on... so role play is seeing neon ads in a ghost city where NPC says all the same lines and behave all the same? and none of them can keep a conversation?
Well, i do have a completely different idea of what Roleplay is then.
Role play for me is kind of you choose who you are, if you are the good guy, or the bad guy, I mean at least they said you could choose to be a police role, or a criminal one... where is that? killing the NPCs and getting the callings from the NCPD? thats the role play?
Also they said you could finish the game without shooting 1 bullet, but you have to use your weapon in the first mision...
So i did that wrong also probably... my fault, lack of imagination...

So i think i understand guys, i am the wrong one then. Is not the game, its me, sorry (and i am serious) for all this posts guys, i didnt wanted to make you salty or anything.
i just will move on, seriously i am nobody to bother your game and how much you love to walk in this city, i just cant see what you see, is like we are playing different games, totally. Finally got cyber psychosis i guess, lol because i dont see how this is RPG & open world, and believe me i tried very hard, i really did.

Anyways i will not bother anymore with my posts, sorry for all guys, i accept i was wrong.

This game is RPG, and is Open World, but i just dont understand what is RPG and what is Open World. Again my apologies for everyone, and enjoy the game and the forum!, im out.
For what it's worth. I'm on your side. This game is not a real RPG.

Hold on... so role play is seeing neon ads in a ghost city where NPC says all the same lines and behave all the same? and none of them can keep a conversation?
Well, i do have a completely different idea of what Roleplay is then.
Role play for me is kind of you choose who you are, if you are the good guy, or the bad guy, I mean at least they said you could choose to be a police role, or a criminal one... where is that? killing the NPCs and getting the callings from the NCPD? thats the role play?
Also they said you could finish the game without shooting 1 bullet, but you have to use your weapon in the first mision...
So i did that wrong also probably... my fault, lack of imagination...

So i think i understand guys, i am the wrong one then. Is not the game, its me, sorry (and i am serious) for all this posts guys, i didnt wanted to make you salty or anything.
i just will move on, seriously i am nobody to bother your game and how much you love to walk in this city, i just cant see what you see, is like we are playing different games, totally. Finally got cyber psychosis i guess, lol because i dont see how this is RPG & open world, and believe me i tried very hard, i really did.

Anyways i will not bother anymore with my posts, sorry for all guys, i accept i was wrong.

This game is RPG, and is Open World, but i just dont understand what is RPG and what is Open World. Again my apologies for everyone, and enjoy the game and the forum!, im out.

Nooooo am not saying you're in the wrong for the way you feel! Sorry if it came out like that. I'm just saying there's different kinds of people and they play games differently. They also perceive things differently too but i'm sure you know that!

I mean, you'Re right about almost everything you said but despite that, ME can get really immersed in it. But then again - after about 150 hours on the same char, I still have side-gigs to do for instance! Other had cleared the map in 20 hours or less. It's fine to not agree on things, my friend ;)

Also, I really believe we're gonna get lots of features for a better RPG experience. Hopefully.

Top Bottom