What to do?.......play it again?

+
What to do?.......play it again?

Yeah so I'm sitting here looking at my ps4 pro.......wondering if I should do another play through, though it would have to be new game+ Truth is I'm bored lol. I have done several play though of this game, yet something keeps pulling me back. Since I did my last major play through in late January (where I attempted to do everything without a red failed quest log line) I've tried to busy myself with other games, like FF15, Mass Defect Andromeda (which is crap btw).....Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn etc. But seeing that TW3 seems to now be the industry standard for an exceptional RPG, nothing quite measures up. What are you guys busying yourself with? (game wise I mean)

I got a mail the other day sating I could download the Gwent game, so I dunno if I should gave that a try.....anyone else playing it atm?

Sorry Mods if I posted in the wrong section feel free to move post to general (sorry still getting used to the new forum format)

Last edited:

iCake

Forum veteran
I first switched genres to get a way from that feeling that no modern RPG could quite measure up with the Witcher 3. Played some shooters and their multiplayer, lost myself in NHL17 but you have to like hockey to play that, tried Ori and the Blind Forest (this one was amazing), tried a few other games of which there are too many to list here. Yeah, completed Ass Defect as well but that was a major let down :(

But at the end of the day I still craved for a good RPG and what finally helped me satisfy my urge was the good old classic games I heard so many good things about and in retrospect I was fortunate enough to miss out on those at the time when I was a kid, luckily many of those have aged quite well and can easily sweep their modern "contenders" under the rug if you catch my drift. What did it for me was Vampire the Masquarade, Deus Ex, Morrowind. If you never played Fallout New Vegas (for a more modern game) absolutely give a try, this one is quite an intricate RPG that can give you a lot of good memories.

As for gwent, try it out for sure, this is a good "need to pass a few minutes somehow" game and won't require any serious commitment from you, at least if you play it for fun, not for the win at any cost. If I were you I'd not play the Witcher 3 again so soon, this is a great game for sure, but don't turn it into obsession, give it a long break. There are ways to get off the hook here, so to speak.

P.S. Sorry if many of those not playable on your PS4.

UPD:

If you can't stand the outdated graphics or don't have any means of playing those games, you might want to turn your gaze on Divinity Original Sin. This one is playable on PS4, but mind you it is not exactly that "light" hand-holding game that strives to appease as wide a range of players as possible, meaning it's not as casual as the Witcher 3 is. But if you're willing to face a rather deep character development system, find your own way through the world, listen carefully to quest givers and ambient talk to learn what you need to complete a quest and deal with it rather tactical and punishing turn-based combat you'll find it a spectacular game. Also grab a buddy to play with you if you can, it's a lot of fun to play it together on the same PS4 and also might be a bit easier :)

Last edited:
(I'm not quite sure where to move this, if anywhere, so I'll leave that decision to my colleagues)

Well, I completed Witcher 3 six times in a row before I was able to move to other games :D (If we are precise, 5,5 playthroughs if expansions are also counted to whole game)

I played Bravely Second somewhere in between and enjoyed it very much (like the first part earlier), but that's 3DS game and not PS4. Played FF15, which was entertaining one timer. Then I enjoyed Horizon very much. It was actually first game after Witcher 3 that got me truly excited and hyped again. Now I'm slowly working on with Zelda Breath Of The Wild, which seems to be lot of fun. But that's not PS4 game either... As a little snacks in between, I have made tiny progress in my Vampire Bloodlines (PC) game, which seems to be sort of stuck at the moment, but lots of fun (lacking time and interest because of other games).

I have also been playing Gwent and enjoying it a lot :) So I can definitely recommend to give it a chance. Take a detour around the Gwent forums to find out more, if you are curious. Next week we can expect fresh news concerning this standalone game. It's quite different than it was in W3, but this is so much better in many ways. W3 Gwent is also great, but no one can't deny that it was pretty much auto-win every time you played. Not much excitement in there.

But yeah, I still miss Witcher. It haunts my mind every day :D I'm going to return back to it at some point for sure (after Zelda, perhaps?). There are still quests and things that I never saw during those 6 games of mine. I still need to do Geralt the asshole playthrough... Piss of Keira... And I'm sure there was also other things that I had to do. It is amazing game, but since I spent practically two years with it alone, I needed to take a little break. It was so difficult to start playing anything else after that.

I tried to play Dragon Age Inquisition DLCs somewhere in between, but didn't get anywhere with those. It was great game when I played it first time, but my second round with it has been pretty lame.

Sunsibar Yeah I have heard and read a lot about Zelda, but I cant warrant going out and buying a switch just to play it. I did pretty well with Horizon (96% complete....missing some campfires). Persona 5 kept me busy for awhile, but you really have to like JRPG's lol......its not everyone's cup of tea. I did about 7 Witcher 3 playthroughs (and your rite every time I play I find something new). Though last night I was killing pigs with Aard, in that wedding venue place that's part of HOS (I was hoping a fiend would show up while I mediated and they re-spawned ) sadly after 30 minutes I just had a lot of ham and pig hides! I will admit I'm playing it with boost mode and am really enjoying not experiencing the frame drops we used to get on the regular ps4 (+ the pro runs the game silently, my standard ps4 used to get quite noisy sometimes while playing TW3).

I think we touched on ME Andromeda in another thread, but I looks like EA has it on ice for the moment (I assume you have been reading about that since it seems to be all over the web now if you google Andromeda news). But in saying that Tw3 came up a lot while I was playing it and watching YouTube reviews, since everyone seemed to be comparing its graphics against TW3 lol amongst other things like its writing and side quests. The failure of ME:A really has left the playing field rite open in the sci-fi rpg setting and I'm hoping very much that Cyberpunk its gonna blow everything out of the water when it is eventually released (Well IK it gonna do that lol).....but just sayin.

I hope that when Gerald found Ciri and they were speaking, that what she was saying about the future she had traveled to was a direct link to cyberpunk and she was referring to it

Also, I have taken some stunning pics of tw3 on the ps4 pro, the resolution of 3840 x 2160 but I cant upload to the forums, I keep getting this error in the pic below . Can you not upload 4k pics to the forums.....or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
No Title

Attachments

• photo115910.jpg
    photo115910.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 36

iCake

Forum veteran
Potestaquisitor

It says that your image is too big to be uploaded. To clear this up, it's too big in bytes, not in resolution. You can try to convert your image to a format that takes up less space, but it also means less data and by extension less quality. Consider posting a link to a third party image hosting, the one that'd allow bigger files.

I know this feeling well! I did 4 playthroughs in a row. First was as a straight sword fighter augmented with Quen / Aard. Second was a straight up sign user. Third was as a tank, trying not to use signs or potions at all (really love the Bear School armor...even if it doesn't feel very Geralt-y to me). Fourth was a "speed" build with all quick attacks and stunning. I always managed to find new pathways and side-quests I had not encountered before. Plus, I still haven't played through Blood and Wine yet! "Summer is coming."

I know TW3 will be one of those games I constantly go back to:

XCOM
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
Kingdoms of Amalur
Skyrim
The Witcher 3

(In order of release.) Games that never seem to leave my hard drive.

if you are thinking about it, you want to do it, simple, just do it, play it

i completed the game for last time when blood and wine came out, then i playd other games, now i want to complete tw3 all again, is soo good

cyberpunkforever lol yeah well I just did it.....new game+ started at level 57......got half way through the Bloody Baron quest then deviated to heart of stone (recommended level 80)

Finished the first quest line....took me awhile but I defeated the high level drowners, the toad prince (thanks to superior golden Orel, and killed off the offiri wizard, though I stood up on a hill and threw superior bombs at him from afar....took 30 minutes
..........so yeah.....this makes play though 8 or 9 now.

iCake;n8521310 said:
I first switched genres to get a way from that feeling that no modern RPG could quite measure up with the Witcher 3.

I know that feeling...

But i have quite an simple solution to answer the question: I basically made Skyrim to a Witcher/Skyrim Hybrid with Ciri and Geralt as Followers and so on. ( A lot of Mods were used) It helped a lot after i finished with The Witcher 3. I even made a little story for myself were Ciri teleports herself into the World of Skyrim and there she helps the Dragonborn to fight the Dragons and so on.

saltyB;n8838150 said:
I know that feeling...

But i have quite an simple solution to answer the question: I basically made Skyrim to a Witcher/Skyrim Hybrid with Ciri and Geralt as Followers and so on. ( A lot of Mods were used) It helped a lot after i finished with The Witcher 3. I even made a little story for myself were Ciri teleports herself into the World of Skyrim and there she helps the Dragonborn to fight the Dragons and so on.

Heh heh heh...awesome! It's the next step in CDPR's plans to take over the world.

iCake;n7961010 said:
I would even argue about that. Is there any role you can play in Skyrim? I'm afraid not, unless you can count archer, assassin, vampire, werewolf and the like, but that's all superficial.

saltyB;n8838150 said:

Heh)

iCake;n8896950 said:
And the Razzie goes to fact jungler! :lol:

Even went so far as to drag a quote from another thread.

Yep, I use objective facts as an arguments, and not (my) subjective impressions and affections :readytofight:

It's a huge loss that I came to this forum so late, but maybe when next generation of open-world games will be released (Cyberpank, TES6, GTA6 etc), it will be a lot to talk about.

Last edited:
Martinvls;n8907750 said:
Yep, I use objective facts as an arguments, and not (my) subjective impressions and affections :readytofight:

It's a huge loss that I came to this forum so late, but maybe when next generation of open-world games will be released (Cyberpank, TES6, GTA6 etc), it will be a lot to talk about.

Really? How about remembering that my quote you pulled from another thread was all about unmodded game and the quote you chose to "support" your "objective and to-the-fact" opinion was about a heavily modded game? A fact juggler at his finest, next time try to be at least a little discreet in your distortions.

iCake;n8910840 said:
Really? How about remembering that my quote you pulled from another thread was all about unmodded game and the quote you chose to "support" your "objective and to-the-fact" opinion was about a heavily modded game? A fact juggler at his finest, next time try to be at least a little discreet in your distortions.

All the available "heavy mods" from Witcher universe in Skyrim are couple of sexy armors, few swords, few mediocre followers, music - that's all.
As SaltyB wrote - he (she) created a small story with his/her imagination - story about how Ciri helps Dragonborn - it was not W3 remake on TES engine, it was a whole new adventure with favorite persons from W3, and it proves that Skyrim allows people to live their own fantasy. That is fact about which I smiled.

Martinvls;n8919290 said:
All the available "heavy mods" from Witcher universe in Skyrim are couple of sexy armors, few swords, few mediocre followers, music - that's all.
As SaltyB wrote - he (she) created a small story with his/her imagination - story about how Ciri helps Dragonborn - it was not W3 remake on TES engine, it was a whole new adventure with favorite persons from W3, and it proves that Skyrim allows people to live their own fantasy. That is fact about which I smiled.

Excuses and distortions. Who cares about how modded it is? It IS modded and those mods were exactly what helped saltyB to "live his own fantasy." And frankly even that only existed in his imagination, rather than the game itself, but you'd know better as you seem to live in Skyrim sweet dreams not at all influenced by your subjective feelings
:lol:

iCake;n8922240 said:
Excuses and distortions. Who cares about how modded it is? It IS modded and those mods were exactly what helped saltyB to "live his own fantasy." And frankly even that only existed in his imagination, rather than the game itself, but you'd know better as you seem to live in Skyrim sweet dreams not at all influenced by your subjective feelings
:lol:

This is funny, really :) when there is nothing to say to prove their opinion, people tend to nitpick or go personal

Facts are that there is only one single-player game which is more popular or replayable then Skyrim, that is opinion of critics, players and most importantly - statistics. But of course all those sources are wrong, witcher-fans always know what is better for everyone.

Top Bottom