What Triggers Clair's Call for the Races Mission?

+
What Triggers Clair's Call for the Races Mission?

is it a prerequisite mission or street cred?

Ty

Met at her garage after talking to her at the Afterlife; was all I had to do... Then followed what was told from there on... I did the races most the way thru the game, so no clue if there is a prerequisite or not..

i think it might be a distance driven or something... i drove around on my bike searching for all tarot cards, and i got her call when i had like 18/20 found...

btw, it was quite fun just riding around..

btw, it was quite fun just riding around..

I drive a lot too. Infact I stopped looking at the mini map and just head towards the waypoint marker on my screen and drive freely. Mainly because the mini map is trash but I soon discovered that it's just funner finding my own way to the mission and it allows me to drive freely.

Random gripe.

I like to treat my playthrough as though time has meaning, and time spent waiting around doing nothing is time wasted. This is how I've always played any RPG or sandbox game of any merit. And it obviously goes double for a game where the main plot literally stipulates that you're on borrowed time.

So it does not sit well with me at all that every race involves a more or less arbitrary period of time your character just sits on a bench, waiting. Fortunately, the start times for each race aren't random, so what I've been doing is figuring out what time the race really starts, and then do my very best to arrive just before that time. Saving up to 23 hours of my character's life.

Random gripe.

I like to treat my playthrough as though time has meaning, and time spent waiting around doing nothing is time wasted. This is how I've always played any RPG or sandbox game of any merit. And it obviously goes double for a game where the main plot literally stipulates that you're on borrowed time.

So it does not sit well with me at all that every race involves a more or less arbitrary period of time your character just sits on a bench, waiting. Fortunately, the start times for each race aren't random, so what I've been doing is figuring out what time the race really starts, and then do my very best to arrive just before that time. Saving up to 23 hours of my character's life.
You don't have to wait, you can just do other missions/explore/etc between races.

You don't have to wait, you can just do other missions/explore/etc between races.
If you'll take a look at the second paragraph, I elaborate precisely this stratagem.

It doesn't change the fact that you have to know in advance what time to arrive, and since nobody straight up tells you when the individual races begin, you basically have to initiate the race and then reload your save. It's janky.

Top Bottom