What type of game should it be?

+
A vampire game set in the future. I know Bloodlines The Masquerade 2 will be out soon, but honestly, a level of storytelling from CDPR could be a great game. The vampire mythos is a game genre that hasn't been touched since Vampyr (which is an amazing game) and combined with futuristic elements could create an amazing new type of game. We always see the vampires in the past or present, why can't we see them in a futuristic society and how the cultural repercussions would make to said society and how would the humans live?

An RPG that is a steampunk & fantasy hybrid.

Acquiring the rights to a sequel to Arcanum: Of Steamworks of Magick Obscura would be perfect, but if that were not feasible, an original IP that also has as it's setting a fantasy world that has entered it's industrial revolution.

Something that explores the Eldrich horrors, think Lovecraft.
I haven't played call of Cthulu but the mythos seems like something that could bring very good storytelling and some intense horrific moments.

--

A more defined and badass version of Far Cry Primal, set in the past fighting the elements, the merciless nature and being lower in the food chain, various tribes including bloodthirsty flesh-devouring cannibals.

-

Something akin to Kingdom Come Deliverance, a more realistic, mature experience set in a fantasy setting without the inclusion of magic. Working your way up from a farmer, becoming a squire, lord and taking a part of massive battles.

Vampire RPG :sad:
(Like Vampire: The Masquerade, character creation, clans, builds, choices)

New The Witcher
(No pre-defined protagonist, +RPG, character creation, classes/witcher schools, builds, choices)

What type of game would you like to see CDPR make?
RPG, strategy or something else?
Only rule, it can't be a Witcher or Cyberpunk game of any kind.

A point'n click?

Vampire RPG:sad:

Or... I'll repeat myself...
Square Enix won't do anything good with it, so CDPR, if you read this, take some Cyberpunk's 2077 money you'll get from the sale, buy "Legacy of Kain's" licence from them and do a game out of it, it has so much lore and potential, you could turn it into the perfect RPG, in a setting including vampire, occultism and dark/goth athmosphere, I have so many fond memories of the original (from Blood Omen up to Soul Reaver Defiance), and trust me, many gamers will throw their money at you for it, yeah, like a bunch of hysterics groupies (and I'll probably be at the front line, tossing wet panties all around! \o/).

It's one of the most underrated and impressive game licence ever, filled with lore and details, with a lot still unused to this day.

A vampire game set in the future. I know Bloodlines The Masquerade 2 will be out soon, but honestly, a level of storytelling from CDPR could be a great game. The vampire mythos is a game genre that hasn't been touched since Vampyr (which is an amazing game) and combined with futuristic elements could create an amazing new type of game. We always see the vampires in the past or present, why can't we see them in a futuristic society and how the cultural repercussions would make to said society and how would the humans live?

Best period would be middle age (Aka Vampire : Dark Age), modern/future is already taken by Vampire the Mascarade.
Also, I did run both Vampire game (Mascarade and Dark Age) on Pnp, Dark Age sounds way funnier, more freedom.

The mascarade is about vampire NOT WANTING humans to know about them, for a few good reasons:
- Vampire are parasites, they need blood (human blood, animal blood isn't as effective on them), so the more vampire there are, the less "prey" comes around.
- The mascarade is needed, Vampires are like 2% of the population, so if humans would be aware they'd exist... I guess they'd swap every light bulb by UV one, and vampires would get pretty much fucked, you get the idea...

The mascarade is there because in the Dark Age they did so many craps, they basicaly sent the inquisition on themselves (having to put the mascarade so it doesn't happens again).

Vampire in a futuristic setting would work just the same, not many thing you can do when you're dead and have all the eternity for you (unless you're killed on the way, happens quite more often you'd think it does). They can't have cybernetic since their bodies are dead, not much they can do, they can't really dominate the world (either it would create too much vampire, either it would just be a stagnant world, with human farms, not very thrilling)

But yeah, as said, if we'd have to get a Vampire game, I'd rather have a new Legacy of Kain, a good RPG with a moody athmosphere, lots of occult nods, a very deep lore and an unique licence that still have it's followers today.
That way, it'd still be "away" from Vampire the mascarade game (which is already in a present/future game).
We could imagine starting the game as a Vampire hunter, a Vampire or a Soul Reaver, add the spectral realm, the magick, etc...
Lots of things to make nowadays with everything that licence had, it's also realy rooted in fantasy, which grants the Dev a looooots of freedom (where Vampire are very basic and realistic in themselves, here you could go in so many different dirrection without being to worried about hardcore realism)

Last edited:

Guest 4310777

I would like to see them team up with Studio Ghibli and create an RPG set in the Spirited Away universe, with an original hand drawn 3D art style and dynamic orchestral score. The dialogue could be exclusively Japanese, with subtitles. It might be possible for the protagonist to move between the real world and the fantasy world. Spirited Away invokes a range of emotions, at first the world is alien and dangerous, invoking feelings of dread and uncertainty.. but eventually, we discover its beauty and innocence, invoking feelings of awe and finally perhaps a melancholic nostalgia when it all has to be left behind. The Japanese have created some really special IP's, Ghost In The Shell is another obvious example.

Someone else mentioned Alice In Wonderland, which is another incredible and very creative IP. I Iove the more surreal and psychodelic fringes of fantasy.

I would love to see something similar to Dark Sector (or its spiritual successor Warframe) but made into Prototype-like world.

So people at CD Projekt red are very good at making rpgs so they could try to make a mmorpg. I already know a well made story that would benefit from being made into a game.

P.S: I'm very new so any criticism is appreciated

Last edited:
Or... I'll repeat myself...
Square Enix won't do anything good with it, so CDPR, if you read this, take some Cyberpunk's 2077 money you'll get from the sale, buy "Legacy of Kain's" licence from them and do a game out of it, it has so much lore and potential, you could turn it into the perfect RPG, in a setting including vampire, occultism and dark/goth athmosphere, I have so many fond memories of the original (from Blood Omen up to Soul Reaver Defiance), and trust me, many gamers will throw their money at you for it, yeah, like a bunch of hysterics groupies (and I'll probably be at the front line, tossing wet panties all around! \o/).

Ravenloft is much more richer Gothic/Vampire world than Legacy of Kain imho. Ravenloft has even tons of book to draw inspiration from. Pocket dimensions could even work as nice gameplay thing too. Betcha, its better.

Top Bottom