What type of game should it be?

+
Something new and fresh. All AAA games look the same nowadays ("linear" open world, loot, classic level system).

The only AAA games that "feel" different to me are from software games. They have a complex level design, particular settings, challenging and nice combat system, a peculiar and rewarding (FOR REAL) loot system that gives value to your efforts in exploration. They still have serious flaws (sekiro is almost perfect though, except for difficulty and camera sometimes), but when you play those games it doesn't feel like you are doing the same thing over and over again like in all the other AAA games, thanks to top notch level and enemies design. There's always something new, the "and now what?" feeling. I (almost) felt the same when playing GOW 2018 and for TW3 side quests' narrative, but not for its core gameplay (quests were all the same, "talk, bargain the price, follow the marker on the map, use witcher senses, talk, kill everybody (dodge, sword slash, igni, quen, rinse and repeat), go back and collect reward, level up, unlock skill, change sword and armor which are the same as before but have better numbers, again and again and again")

Cyberpunk has a very fresh setting, but I fear devs won't be brave and re-use the same - flawed IMHO - mechanics as TW3 (narrative apart, that was perfect).

I'm curious if we're discussing CDPR's unnamed AAA RPG here, or just miscellaneous project ideas. If it's the latter, to add on to what I said before, I'd love it if we essentially got a medieval RPG with:
  • Stat-based combat; to some degree, anyway. (Tougher with melee, I'll admit).
  • Attributes, skills, perks, like Cyberpunk 2077 will have.
  • Dark fantasy setting, like the Witcher 3, but ideally not The Witcher 4 (I'd really like to create my own character and have a freeform approach to missions - not just play as a Witcher again). It can be the same universe, but not the same name or gameplay style.
  • Character creation. Let me use magic, dialogue, stealth, combat, or a combination of the above to progress. So much potential here. If you really want to go nuts, let me pick from three races: Human, Dwarf, Elf. Probably not practical, but boy that'd be fun.
  • Let us pick a background, like Cyberpunk 2077. Did you start as a humble farmer whose village was raided by bandits? Are you a blacksmith's son? A merchant? A notorious thief? What about a squire, working your way up to knighthood? These could each have somewhat-unique starting scenarios, as well as impact on future story stuff, but ultimately of course the player will need to be funneled down a path that makes sense.
  • Believable medieval cities in terms of size. Maybe one major capital that's some fraction of the size of Night City (Novigrad felt big enough, but with future game tech, let's push the envelope and add more content and reactivity), 3 smaller cities dotted around the map, plus villages and towns and the like.
  • Slight sandbox elements: let me actually kill villagers and break into houses (where there are consequences for stealing), but this should not be Bethesda-level stuff because that'd be way too demanding, I imagine.
Yeah, that would be awesome!:cool::cool::cool:

I'm curious if we're discussing CDPR's unnamed AAA RPG here, or just miscellaneous project ideas.

Its just a for fun thread :D

So any game goes, Farming simulator with heavy RPG elements maybe? its just whatever you think could be interesting, fun, cool, different and that you obviously think that CDPR could realize into something amazing.... and which follows the rules, no witcher games or cyberpunk games.

CDPR have promised me that whatever game idea sound the best, they will make after Cyberpunk!! :p

Guest 4211861

30s America, protagonist is a detective, you can make him good or evil

right up CDPR's alley and it's just the thing after all this high tech madness

An old school near future detective noir RPG built over a focus of interaction, character agency and open narrative (that forces the player to find his own ways and clues to progress) circling around a "who's really who" kind of thematic and a psychological twist of the protagonists own persona and identity.

A Game of Thrones RPG would of course work best with CDPR. Would like to see them make something Sci-fi opera style like Mass Effect too! (Or maybe Star Wars, like the KotoR games) Basically anything that Bioware have messed up in recent times!

I wish to see a fantasy shooter in the Witcher's universe. Something like Overwatch, but better, in CDPR style. I wish that there are sword fighters, archers, mages, thiefs and everything else u can imagine. That game might have not only one mode of command overwatch-like battles, but may be Battle Royale mode, duel mode and so on. And it must be a first-person shooter (or slasher if u play with a melee hero) for better immersion.
I hate Sci-Fi setting, so I hate Overwatch and the same games without magic because of it. Same for Cyberpank 2077. So I wish CDPR to make something like Overwatch, but in a fantasy style. I think it would be very cool and popular, cause people like fantasy.

Last edited:
Some kind of isometric, turn-based, SF RPG. Something like original Fallout in SF setting (no post-apo).

My god, it would be glorious... I would play that forever.

I have heard a lot about 'Game of Thorne' great game so far.

A Game of Thrones RPG would of course work best with CDPR. Would like to see them make something Sci-fi opera style like Mass Effect too! (Or maybe Star Wars, like the KotoR games) Basically anything that Bioware have messed up in recent times!

Im afraid game industry didnt get game of thrones deal, at least George Martin is working with Dark Souls devs. Then theres coming somekind of Game of Thrones spin-off.

Top Bottom