What type of GWENT content do you enjoy the most?

+
You guys should have another Gwent Art contest. It's been about 3 years since the last one right?

I remember there were dozens of great entries and it was fun seeing all the art styles. My favorite one didn't even place or get mentioned, that's how many great ones there were.

My favorite:
1616165260875.png

It would be awesome to have the option to download the backgrounds of the Reward Book as wallpapers, kinda like the wallpapers in CP77 goodies. Or really any other ingame art that you think would be acceptable to do so.

Qzman

Forum regular
Good question!

I'd like videos that put Gwent devs in a tavern-like environment, talking about the game, maybe their own preferences regarding different aspects. Or like when Burza went around the studio interviewing people, that was cool. Short or medium length videos are best. Maybe pit devs to play against each other with favorite off-meta decks? And artists performing Witcher songs. Stuff like that, lore inspiring, getting to know the team better, etc.

Accessible tournament stream?

Some parts of the last top 64 qualifiers were streamed. But how were players supposed to know there was a stream, and where could we watch/rewatch it if we are not following the broadcasters?

You could backup the stream, provide a link on the tournament website, or, at the very least, make an anouncment to tell us that the top 64 qualifiers was coming.

You (and the content providers/streamers) already prepared the stream, why not making us know it and be able to access it?

And, I believe some people would still be interested in watching them even there is no broadcasters. It also provides quite a lot of oppotunities for discussion.

I'd love to see a series of articles or videos about the many talented artists who create the painted and animated premium artwork for the cards. Inspiration*, techniques, early versions, etc. etc.

The artwork is what drew me to The Witcher III and Gwent games in the first place, and is one of the main reasons I still play these games and am not interested in playing any other CCG or ARPG.

* not just references to the Witcher books, but insights into any specific aspects of European folklore (Slavic, Nordic, Celtic, Germanic, etc.) that inspired the artists' ideas for the content, composition and details of their work.

I'd love to see a series of articles or videos about the many talented artists who create the painted and animated premium artwork for the cards. Inspiration*, techniques, early versions, etc. etc.
They did something like this once, years ago during beta; they had animators or artists (can't remember exactly) talking about premiums and how they're created. Also showed examples.

It was really cool and I totally would also like to see something like that.

I would love to learn more about the lore of the cards. For instance Pawel mentioned the Team Bandit Gang Podcast about Harald the Cripple. That is awesome. It would be great if there was a little "special" in form of a video or a blogpost etc. about the lore behind a card.

I like to hear a Lore story by using Gwent Cards.

and the upcoming events content. for example, the valentine event were announce on the effective date. I wish if there is a place I can see what's the upcoming event and get hype or get ready to it.

edit: add more idea

Other than Art Competition which it is already great! what's about features competition? I mean an event that players can submit any ideas of their Dream Gwent which to make the Gwent better, more fun, more intense., etc. Maybe players have tons of good idea and the winner is CDPR just make that idea become reality.
for example Gwent should have a mod friendly capability which might lead to a new solo campaign in Gwent or new game mode (not auto chess but something new and fun other than seasonal or draft game mode or players can create puzzle like puzzle in Thronebreaker). So, a new daily quest maybe try to solve 3 quests to earn 60gold.

I just notice that today we have Gwent Open Qualifier#3 (top 16 from season of love). However, the news section of the official gwent provide only participants name. and Gwent Masters Twitter posted that Specimen will host the live final match. Since CDPR already have this event, CDPR can add more content like:
a) before the tournament start, add a section to follow up which channel will be casted and where players can see deck list
b) during tournament, that section put a live twitch.tv link there. as well as decklist
c) after tournament, that section put a video of past tournament there.
d) further than that, statistic, match review, decklist analysis etc can be add further.
This will make at least 2 weeks of each months have more and rich contents which lead to more engaging.

Last edited:
Accessible tournament stream?

Some parts of the last top 64 qualifiers were streamed. But how were players supposed to know there was a stream, and where could we watch/rewatch it if we are not following the broadcasters?

You could backup the stream, provide a link on the tournament website, or, at the very least, make an anouncment to tell us that the top 64 qualifiers was coming.

You (and the content providers/streamers) already prepared the stream, why not making us know it and be able to access it?

And, I believe some people would still be interested in watching them even there is no broadcasters. It also provides quite a lot of oppotunities for discussion.
I'd second this.

I'd really welcome these events to get more focus: announcements, lists of upcoming matches, stream backups, links and options to rewatch.

I'm pleased to see support for more art and lore content (which, of course, are my two main interests as well)! I'm always in favour of exploring the stories behind the new characters we meet in the cards, and learning about the creative process. I'm also very fond of the idea of reaching out to more artists, both those on the RED Team, and in the Community, like the Art Contest mentioned above.

One of the things I've missed most from The Witcher days has been the rather noticeable lack of fan art posted on the Forums. (I tried to rally some interest a while back, but met little response from others.) I hope we may see some change in this area.

The art that came out of the previous card contest was so good i cant wait to have another one, but its kinda disappointing for many people who had such good card arts and their cards were never implemented.

On the general topic of art, I realised we haven't heard that much about the sounds of Gwent. Perhaps an exploration of the music, sound effects, and voice lines might make for an interesting exhibit.

Love the fact, you guys couldnt care less for CIS community. Nothing is happening there, patch notes are always late (18-24 hrs) etc. Thx a bunch !

Hello Anna_Zielinska!​

What I enjoined the most is definetly the season mode. I lost interest in ranked games after about two and a half monrth of Gwent. Nearly over a year about 70% - 90% of my games were seasonal ones. But since a few weeks I play more often Draft than any other mode as I have seen every seasonal mode.
So I would like to see more different seasonal modes. I have some suggestions for you:

“Neutral mode”​

Bevor the game starts every card which is not neutral will be removed from your deck

Comment: I like to play neutral cards and it would be interesting see such mode.

“Give and Take”​

Bevore the game starts the cards of both players will be ranked after their provision and then every two cards one player receives one random card.

“Mirror”​

Every time you boost your own unit a random unit of the opponent gets boosted and everytime you hit a opponents unit one of your own units will be hit (with the same amount).

“Mirror Operator”​

Everytime you play a unit spawn the unit on the opponents row

“Mirror Operator 2”​

Everytime you play a unit spawn the unit on your opposite row

“The Circle Movement”​

After each turn move the rightmost melee unit to the leftmost ranged row and move the rightmost ranged unit to the leftmost melee row

“The Artefact melt down”​

Each time you play an artefact a random artefact from your deck will be drawn, except scenarios.

“Musicians of Blaviken”​

For each played unit you have to decide which status the unit receives. You can chose each status just once. After all statuses are chosen a new series begins.
or
Each played unit receives one random status (except defender)

“The Weather mode”​

After each turn put a weather effect on one row begining with the melee row

Comment: It would be good when there would be also positive positive weather effects for example: sunshine bost the weakest unit by 2

For sure there are dozens of other modes we can come up with. Whetever they make fun, turn out bad or take too much effort to code is another question.

I am not happy about the fact that we get no new seasonal trees and no new (free) card backs. Although I admit after over a year of Gwent I got so much stuff and most of it I will never use. But every month I got a new goal to reach which is now gone because I finished the trees for the card backs from last year and the year before. A seasonal tree you can finish even as casual player in one to three weeks where as journey takes 3 months. Despite buying as usual the premium journey I am already 54 CP behind in the journey at halftime. It will be hard to finish it for me this time.
Maybe I stop to play Gwent or at least take a big break after this journey, so you don’t have to consider my suggestions for new seasonal modes.

On the general topic of art, I realised we haven't heard that much about the sounds of Gwent. Perhaps an exploration of the music, sound effects, and voice lines might make for an interesting exhibit.

True! I remember the moment when the Master Mirror expansion arrived. That thrilling and highly recognizable flute sound set the perfect feeling for the mood. Loved it. And there is so good music ... maybe one day I will hear "Dwarven Stone Upon Dwarven Stone" in GWENT - a favorite.

Additionally to that it would be really nice to have some content focused on a translation of the non English taunts (Nilfgaardian, Elder Speech) and a how to correctly pronounce a weird Characters name like for example Yghern, Viy (some people pronounce him like the Player Character of Cyberpunk V while others pronounce him more like a simple Y), Idr or Muirlega(Already answered by Vattier).

Last edited:
Top Bottom