What was CDPR thinking with Master Marksman?

+
What was CDPR thinking with Master Marksman?

This trophy is without question the worst/stupidest most poorly designed trophy in the game, I seriously have to wonder how they thought it was a good idea. I have been grinding it at Devils Pit for over three hours and I have no clue how close or far away I am from getting,

i I want to.know if anybody enjoyed trying to get this trophy because it should be in the running for the worst of the year.

What garbage...

@cleanupdisc
"Kill 50 human and non-human opponents by striking them in the head with a crossbow bolt."

That's what it says. Looking forward to get it either in my current playthrough or in NG+ :).

To be honest, I just played the game and got almost all the achievements available(minus dendrologist, master marksman, munchkin, overkill, that's the evilest thing, the enemy of my enemy [because I don't invest in Axii] and walked the path). The only achievement I had to do it in purpose was the Ancient Leshen one(woodland spirit), because I spared it so I didn't earn the achievement(so loaded a past saved game, killed it and returned to my other save game).

Last edited:
This was my last achievement, I used the spawning skellige pirates on faroe island. It took me about 30 mins to complete. It would of been nice if there was some kind of indication to how many headshots I needed, maybe in the statistics page. But yes, it is a grind and no, it was not fun. especially as you cant one-shot kill them you have to whittle there health down to allow enough left to headshot.

yeah, this the worst throphy, if just 10 is fine but 50 damn.

most frustrating is even u get headshot will not counted if the screen not shaking.

i finish this 1st playthrough deathmarch. drink reset potion & get crossbow skill help a bit.

Best way ( the way I did it) was in devils pit:

Run in and get their attention then run out. They cant actualy follow you past the first ' gate' up the entrance hill. Shoot them all till they only need one more shot each. Then use axi so they slump forward. I walk as close as i can and aim ' just above' their head.

Once they are all dead just fast travel to vizima ( has to be a new zone loading screen and vizima being the smallest loads quickest) then back to devils pit to have them respawn. With the hit detections id average 2-4 headshots each time.

I also believe wolves count and u can use ardsweep in a group to knock them on the ground but i found it hard to find a respawanimg lot of low level wolves.

I think it's a great trophy. The only real issue is headshot detection, and no counter for the headshots. With those two issues fixed, getting 50 wouldn't be a problem at all. If you're doing it via Devil's Pit, you're doing it wrong, because that makes it a grind and it's not how I would recommend approaching it. Just damage opponents naturally in normal encounters and kill them off with headshots once they get to low health. Bombs are a great way to lower an entire group's HP.

@Tangsta
That's exactly what I did. Whenever I encountered group of enemies I just killed 1-2 last enemies using Axii and crossbow. And I didn't even count headshots.

Top Bottom