What was Triss hiding from Geralt at the start of chapter III?

+
I mean the conversation between her and someone (most likely Keira) through the magic mirror
(a bit glitched video but the conversation is intact and can be checked here)

They discuss that Leuvaarden agreed to the "plan" and than the conversation shifts to "and does Geralt?"
To this Triss says she will convince him than the woman in the mirror says "don't let him guess what you hide from him"

At first I thought they want to keep it secret that the lodge also wants to eliminate the salamandra organization but unless the lodge doesn't know that Geralt has amnesia (because Geralt with his memories would go against the lodge any way he can after what they did to him Yen and Ciri)

If they knew he lost his memories this would make no sense since based on the enemy of my enemy is my friend thinking and that Triss is a member of the lodge this would lead to Geralt trusting and possibly even working for the lodge that would have been a huge help for them (I don't think Triss wanted this thou the lodge can be kind of dangerous and she didn't have the final word in what they would use him for)

Than I thought maybe hide who Yen is from him since everyone was doing a remarkable job at that but the lodge didn't want Geralt and Triss together they wanted him out of the picture and making him chase after Yen for months would help in that and both Yen and Geralt retiring at a remote place would have been the best possible outcome for the lodge when it was still existing (since they both beard a grudge and could interfere with their plans)

But since there really isn't many other things that is even worth keeping from Geralt I'm sort of out of ideas...
(Unless the lodge still didn't know about Geralt's amnesia at this point which would explain why Radovid said Triss is keeping\ lying about something to the lodge)

Last edited:
Top Bottom