What was your first minor dissapointment in the game?

+
I've been hanging around this forum for the last few days, and I feel everybody is in the same boat as me, we generally like and enjoy the game, but are disappointed in it at the same time (getting some flashbacks to my childhood with that line).
What was your first minor disappointment in the game? Nothing big, just minor things.
Mine was starting out in the bar as a Streetkid, and getting excited by seeing all the arcade machines, but I cannot play any of the many different versions, not even one. You can play arcade games in other games, but not this one.

I've been hanging around the last few days here too lol, it's addictive reading the threads!

My first disappointment was realising there was next to no interactivity within the open world, I was legitimately shocked you couldn't alter V's appearance in game.. bare in mind I was expecting CP2077 to be the most interactive and revolutionary open world game ever made lol. It's still a very very good game and I feel sorta sad I've finished it now but it's in a tier below the likes of Red Dead 2.. (y)

The very first one was finding out that, despite being a game in a genre ostensibly ENTIRELY about editing yourself, there was no way to redo any initial character creation. I mean hell even Fallout 4 had that shit and they didn't even try to justify the science behind being able to get perfect plastic surgery in dingy rigged basement in the middle of Fenway Park.

The end of "The Heist" mission when you realize you're railroaded in this game way too much. Because up to there including the beginning of that mission everything was top shelf AAA rpg but afterwards ... well serious issues pop up.

I got a red flag when the life path was really short and gave me suspicious, which I could igmore but the Heist mission and how it ends confirmed it.

Oops I thought you said serious dissapointment - yeah that's the Heist. Minor Dissapointment right at start that life path segment too short.

Relationship development just kinda...ends after the romance scene. Judy saying the same line over and over at the window of her apartment.
I concur. I wish there was more dialogue in general tbh, the same lines over and over is super immersion breaking for me. Calling up side characters or revisiting them wherever they are on the map just seems so pointless, e.g, River just sat on the back porch of his trailer, Judy by her apartment window, Misty just staring at you blankly in her store. I'd love seeing side characters have actual routines as well as you being able to do activities with them. The potential this game has is so massive but I can't see it being realised, AngryJoe alluded to this by saying they most likely won't add extra stuff like that in sadly.

That there wasn't a walk button.

I just wanted to take in the sights at a leisurely pace... ah well... someday.

Sticking to playing with a controller which pretty much confines me to stealth all the time since I can't aim worth a dime with those clumsy sticks.

But it's fun strolling and driving. :D

Character Creator

I just couldn't get the damn green out my hair no matter what colour i picked

Finally finished my character, got in game an thought "ok you look nothing like what i just made"

Hoped to make a Asain, couldn't

Hoped to make a wee cuddly nutter, couldn't

Hoped to make a grizzled looking veteran, couldn't

Yeah the CC let me down if anything did, but whelp wee work with what we got an one day a western developer will make a decent one before im bug food

I accidentally tapped W twice and dodged into an NPC. Before I knew it all NPCs were running around scared and cowering. At that point I knew the AI was trash. Then I walked in to an area that was empty, turned around and suddenly there were half a dozen people that has spawned in. Then I proceeded to watch traffic come to a stand still when I parked my car on the pavement. I then got in to combat and....well, more disappointment due to the most basic AI seen in a game since the PS1 era. My first (and only) 3 hours in the game was one disappointing moment after another.

Top Bottom