What was your first minor dissapointment in the game?

+
when i realized that i'm actually using my imagination to create and fix reality, and when i failed i was always kind sad and i had to stop playing for few hours and then i came back to do same thing

My first minor disappointment was how with CC, you couldn't separate different things to customize like choosing eye pupil for left or right eye. Choosing to tattoo arm separate from chest, and piercing left or right ear separately.

Which irks me how they spent hours on giving the ability to customize your genitals and changing the color of your pubes(stealth patching it after release).

Just like someone else said that major hit was the clearly cut content which is the montage that they used in nearly all of their marketing material. That hurt I'm not going to lie.

My very first minor disappointment came very early on, I walked up to the first stall that I spotted, talked to the guy and got;

"hey"

That's it. And then I tried another stall .. a food vendor .. nothing. That gave me a bad vibe, and I feel like that made me notice more and more stuff that made the world feel empty.

I started the game as Corpo and the very first thing that bugged me was, that I had no choice than handing over the god damned shard.

I am supposed to be a fucking counterintel entrusted with delicate Infos about a hit on my bosses boss and I have 0 choice or chance to fight for the shard.

I just cave in and hand it over.

Throw my drink into their face, pull my gun, throw some fists, flip the table...something...but nooo.

I just hand over my shard, my boss and my fucking job!

And wouldn't it be for Jackie my fucking life!

Well that and the typo of my job evaluation at Arasaka tower where I was labeled as a her, while playing as a male V.

DC9V

Forum veteran
  1. Character creation: the way (female) pubic hair looks. in my opinion It really does not look like pubic hair.
  2. When I tried to play minigames in the beginning of the Street Kid tutorial.
  3. the poor control settings, which include:
    1. the fact that some handicapped people on this forum were not able to play the game
    2. the fact that there's only one scheme for controllers (Left-stick-button [L3] for sprinting is just stupid af)

Last edited:
Getting my first cyberwear upgrade from a ripper doc was just a "click" like opening a folder in windows is more exciting. I hoped for a nice cinematic scene. Sometimes things like that would get old, but I only upgraded/changed my gear a dozen or so times and would have appreciated animations when I did - such a let down.

I've been hanging around this forum for the last few days, and I feel everybody is in the same boat as me, we generally like and enjoy the game, but are disappointed in it at the same time (getting some flashbacks to my childhood with that line).
What was your first minor disappointment in the game? Nothing big, just minor things.
Mine was starting out in the bar as a Streetkid, and getting excited by seeing all the arcade machines, but I cannot play any of the many different versions, not even one. You can play arcade games in other games, but not this one.
This was my first as well. I think I went to every arcade machine clicking all over them trying to find the sweet-spot to let me play... This was shortly followed by nearly everyone else's disappointments :(

My first disappointment was when I launched the game for the first time and realized that there's no toggle ADS option for PC. This was like 30 seconds in...

Copro V being treated as dumb by most of the, if not all the NPCs, yet being a counter-intel agent, you'd think V would be smart, but nope and all dialogues end up like V not knowing stuff when you actually do and this comes with disregarding the talents you have chosen to level up, which makes it even more staggering if you include how little effect those have.

Top Bottom