What was your first minor dissapointment in the game?

+
1st disappointment in particular that I noticed is that quest npcs will more than often ignore player collision box, they'll literally walk through you . :rolleyes:

I've noticed street npcs will often try to go around you but yeah, for some reason they either couldn't find the time or find a way to properly have quest npcs go around you. (maybe they don't want you blocking pathing/doorways which can really fuck things up or something.

I've been hanging around this forum for the last few days, and I feel everybody is in the same boat as me, we generally like and enjoy the game, but are disappointed in it at the same time (getting some flashbacks to my childhood with that line).
What was your first minor disappointment in the game? Nothing big, just minor things.
Mine was starting out in the bar as a Streetkid, and getting excited by seeing all the arcade machines, but I cannot play any of the many different versions, not even one. You can play arcade games in other games, but not this one.
Mine was when I just started as Nomad and saw duplicated NPCs standing next to each other in that little town. That broke the immersion pretty fast, however a restart fix it, but still a bit disappointing.

The small disappointment for me was the missing semi-automatic / automatic button from the e3 demo. I'm a gun nut and the level of detail this game dedicated to guns and all the reloading animations for them are amazing. But a slight disappointment with the ARs though. Maybe they'll put it back.

Agreed, although it was the first ”major” disappointment for me.
Yeah maybe you're right. Hard to say which one was minor/major for me...
I think after prologue I was expecting to get some unique things for my Corpo V - like unique clothes, cars, guns, skills - not only some additional (and not really important) dialogue lines from time to time.

At first I was disappointed with the dialogues. Most of them contain only one answer choice.
Then I realized that my choice didn't affect anything. Why does this game need dialogue choices at all?

Now I'm wondering what game the reviewers were playing and why CDPR sold me a different game.

Besides the Jackie montage, destructible terrain, when I saw the trailer I thought: "YES, FINALLY, a shooter game where you can just, destroy the wall and hit enemies on the other side, which you can spot due to your eye implants" and then I played the game, jeah you can shoot through walls but there is nothing visual to it next to very simple decals that already exist in the early 2000's, even putting them on ultra doesn't really change anything (what I noticed), it only works in that mission they showed in the trailer (with the girl in ice tub) but also nerfed.

And then I saw the police system and at that point I knew "oh...this isn't going to be as fantastic as I thought it was going to be, this is awful, they could pull off chase mechanics in san andreas but not here?!"

I've been hanging around this forum for the last few days, and I feel everybody is in the same boat as me, we generally like and enjoy the game, but are disappointed in it at the same time (getting some flashbacks to my childhood with that line).
What was your first minor disappointment in the game? Nothing big, just minor things.
Mine was starting out in the bar as a Streetkid, and getting excited by seeing all the arcade machines, but I cannot play any of the many different versions, not even one. You can play arcade games in other games, but not this one.

Npcs. one line of dialogue, always standing in the same place 24/24, not interactive and AI driven like cdpr said they were going to be... I mean, if anything was going to make a game look nextgen &immersive, it was that sort of thing. At that very moment I thought to myself "hey, it's the same things, all over again" and quite frankly I already knew what to expect at that point, and that I was going to be disappointed.
At least red dead redemption 2 got it right, which is why the bar was already set high up and it was going to be REALLY hard for cdpr to redefine the rpg genre, make it groundbreaking or whatever

Npcs. one line of dialogue, always standing in the same place 24/24, not interactive and AI driven like cdpr said they were going to be... I mean, if anything was going to make a game look nextgen &immersive, it was that sort of thing. At that very moment I thought to myself "hey, it's the same things, all over again". at least red dead redemption 2 got it right, which is why the bar was already set high up and it was going to be REALLY hard for cdpr to redefine the rpg genre, make it groundbreaking or whatever
This still can be fixed, it is a part of a bigger problem with the AI in this game.

anyone else annoyed with the fact that the screen boundaries were off?
words cut off almost like I'm missing a part of the screen.
Ah yes this. The blue text that showed the act names. Or time passed prompts. They are at the edge of the screen. If you have overscan on a TV. They get completly cut off. I don't know how something like this happens. They should have the HUD be adjustable. Like GTA V has. And you'd at least have that blue text aligned with the other HUD elements.

The first minor disappointment in the game, for me, was when I started to test the choices.

I struggled with bad AI, lack of physics and collision system. The police system being a complete joke was something that people tend to tolerate in a first gameplay because the player is focused in the story branches and choices.

But when I discovered that the choices didn't matter in a RPG made by the self proclaimed "The industry leader in creating role-playing games", and the progression system was broken, I started to feel the disappointment.

So much potential wasted. And as I start to think about Cyberpunk 2077 as a game, it only gets worse.

But that's my personal experience.

The lack of character presets, the lack of facial complexions, tattoos, scars, and eye colors, npc wearing hairstyles that are not available for v or npc exclusive face presets that are not available in the character creator (eyes, noses, ears, mouth and jawlines). And the fact that we can't have this v back, even as an additional preset.
sebastian-bakala-femalev-prev-engine-cdp.jpg

I guess mine would have to be the lack of shooting ALL npc's

i didnt realize until i was spraying bullets and hit all the bad guys and then i saw a wounded npc like half hurt and i was like.. awh you poor npc, so i aimed up, and sprayed and every time i tried to shoot it would shoot around her or next to her, but never at her. i couldnt even scope on her, it was soo strange.

after that, i was sad. so i blew up some other random npc's and felt happy again.

Top Bottom