What was your first minor dissapointment in the game?

+
The lack of character presets, the lack of facial complexions, tattoos, scars, and eye colors, npc wearing hairstyles that are not available for v or npc exclusive face presets that are not available in the character creator (eyes, noses, ears, mouth and jawlines). And the fact that we can't have this v back, even as an additional preset.View attachment 11150546
I want to see that feminine V come back please !!!!
Post automatically merged:

my first shock was this. He gave me a crazy laugh. I was about to cry over Jackie's situation, but that gun totally threw me off the hook. The development team played a good joke on me
cyber.jpg

Last edited:
My first Minor disappointment was when I started playing as Nomad. I tried to explore the desert and everywhere I went I got “this area is not available for you... just yet”

That was the first immersion red flag... I had no idea what was waiting for me... no idea

Guest 3847602

Mine was starting out in the bar as a Streetkid, and getting excited by seeing all the arcade machines, but I cannot play any of the many different versions, not even one.
Not even "Roach Race" for at least one, short, scripted sequence... Huuuuge missed opportunity, right there...
As for my first disappointment: slower elevator rides than in Mass Effect 1

Another of my first disappointments has to be seeing the same scripted events playing out repeatedly inside Vs mega building. I was really impressed at first, but after seeing it a second or third time I instinctively knew the game was going to nothing like what I originally hoped :cry:

I wanted a proper day/night cycle and going back to my apartment to mean something. The passage of time was janky as all get out!

"WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST MINOR DISSAPOINTMENT IN THE GAME?"

Seeing vehicles getting stuck at spawn points. Wakes me up every time. Have to look away hoping that clears it. Also when looking in my dead-angle, the game likes to spawn vehicles right in front of me that I smash into.

1st disapointment - with comparison. Time Skyrim 2000+hrs, RDO 1000+, GTAO 200 ish. I spend several hours working on character appearance in these games (save RDO where I've spent over 10k on re-doing my appearance).

The CP2077 Character creator is by far the most underwhelming process with lack of real cybernetic options, base style tattoos and poor gender design - based on what was promised.

Life path, extremly under developed and to mention the 6 months later montage. Starting a huge mission chain that you can complete and still be under level 10 that given the circumstance no runner in their right mind would accept at level 1, let alone level 10.

Next, there is no option to play without implants. It's small but really big.

The following are things I feel should have been in to actually give a better feel of what cyberpunk is;
Synthskin, full conversion borg, losing a limb and requiring a prosthetic on a bad job, real clothes shopping, flying cars you can use, purchasable living space.

And I will give a big mention to - WHY CAN'T I CHOOSE TO MERGE WITH JOHNNY! it is a viable choice given mission context (ie delamain chain)

Who cares the regular cars aren't modable, I don't need to exploit the other corps pre-dlc, would be nice but meh.

Last, if I already have a cybernetic implant I should be able to sell it. Seriously I don't need 4 of the same gorilla arms. Don't get me started on not being able to mod cyberdecks.

Cheers.

Attachments

• PS_App_20210121_043100.jpeg
    PS_App_20210121_043100.jpeg
    918.5 KB · Views: 72
A really basic character creator, was the first thing that made me go "oh oh!"

After that it was pretty much realizing I couldnt interact with the world at all, or customize anything visual.

Decent story and my desire to kill Johnny kept me going until I finished the game. Not playing it again and not buying another CDPR product again.

When the game started after the character creation and my nomad was looking into the mirror without her hair. To top that first two npcs I encountered after the first cut scene were just floating in the air. Then I realized that this was going to be one of those games...

photomode_10122020_183155.png

"Welcome to Cyberpynk 2077!"

I've been hanging around this forum for the last few days, and I feel everybody is in the same boat as me, we generally like and enjoy the game, but are disappointed in it at the same time (getting some flashbacks to my childhood with that line).
What was your first minor disappointment in the game? Nothing big, just minor things.

First minor disappointment?
When I first launched the game and looked at the character creation. Not only was the graphic quality terrible (I assume it has something to do with DLSS, but not entirely, its still shit after all this time), I was disappointed in lack of options in all areas except the face. And very clumsy UI.

So I didnt get further than 30 seconds into the game before the first "minor" disappointment.

Furthermore, I had been paying attention to the character creator shown in the demos from the past two years before the launch, and I had noticed that the options seemed to be diminishing instead of increasing. And guess what: that seems to be EXACTLY what happened, and I cannot fathom why. Why would you reduce options for no reason? They were good or at least better before and CDPR reduced them? Took away content already created? Whats the point?

Top Bottom