What was your first minor dissapointment in the game?

+
Started the streetkid, first scene was in front of a mirror and I was like "Yea okay, this forced first-person shit is going to be immersive."..
Then a few seconds later;
I looked down in game, looked down in real life,
and was disappointed in how you almost can't see your t-shirt or arms in the game.. Went in to the options to see if there was a way to move around the viewport to make it feel more like at the actual head, but sadly this doesn't exist. Was kind of disappointed also that I'm the only one who feels like this, I can't seem to find any outrage over this on the internet... :)
I've seen a few posts in other forums ( one upset there's no third person mode. One upset with the way V's shadow looks. And another upset that clothing doesn't represent breast size.) Talk about the camera position feeling like it's a GoPro on top of V's head and it being unrealistic you can't see your chest and shoulders. So don't worry you're not alone out here.

No true "happy" ending... I didn't follow the game nor did I watch any content creators... I did the Arasaka Ending first and... yeah it hit me hard.. Then I was like, okay, I did the game I'll just read up on the other endings.. Nope none are truly happy; that was the minor disappointment. Minor though, I'm now on my third run and still having fun.

Last edited:
Character creation. I thought it was going to be a lot deeper. I think i was just too used to modded Skyrim. Character creation overhaul is so detailed that my first thought was 'Cyberpunk 2077 is going to set the bar higher than anyone. I'm sure is going to be ten times better'.

Well... At least i could give my V a big D.

Cheezy character aesthetics like the ridiculous amount of Halloween contacts and kpop faux hawk half shaved head literally everywhere. I know it's cyberpunk but we don't need 7 different half shaved hairstyles. There's only like 2 long hair options.
The goofy aesthetics in between all the serious elegant stuff put me off

Hmm, minor..

I guess the 6 months montage falls under "major disappointment" for me, so it would have to be the fact that V can never be truly nude in the game, while we can be nude in the inventory menu, I mean what even is the point of having nudity or genital options? :cry:

Another really minor thing that bothers me is the way V sleeps, it's like sideways with her upper body in the bed, while the lower half is on the floor, who the hell sleeps like that? And who the hell said "Okay, this is good enough, let's move on".

Minor things, not game breaking, but annoying nonetheless.

A minor disappointment that grew to into a major disappointment for me was that V doesn't have a lot of new dialogue with Vik and Misty after you paid your debts to him. I really felt like those two were the closest to being V's friends and I always visited them when I was in the area because it felt most like coming home.

So naturally the "How's biz?"-dialogue-option for Vik really... idk made me feel like that guy who once cared so much for my V had completely forgotten about her existence. Would be nice if you could share your findings about the relic's blueprints and all that stuff with Vik. I mean that is something that should actually interest him as your doc even if you're "just another patient" to him, right?

Also a minor disappointment was that I couldn't pet Nibbles! I mean why can't I pet my cat in my own apartment?

Last edited:
Enemies running away unable to catch them until they cover behind something and then not defending themselves before I could kill them.

Character creation and not being able to ever see myself again except in inv screen is the biggest issues.
I don't need TPP but give us a camera to move around and look at our cool looking char or something at least.

No reflections of my char in windows, water or something.

Fish-eye when playing on wide screens!
Using the nVidia surround display, I set my 2 23" monitors as a single monitor for a 3840x1080 screen (for both gaming and to utilize both my monitors for my work computer I remote into which is set up the same way)
yet only the center 1/4 of my total view is in perspective. The rest is stretched and warped :(

Minor?
I was in a dialogue with Panam or River (can't remember) while driving in their car as a co-driver. When I looked around and the camera finally cought V's lap and legs, it was immersion-breaking when V's Hands went right through the long coat he was wearing.

First? The vendor UI.

Still do not understand why it wasnt just an UI overlay. Making it an entirely separate screen interface was and is idiotic imo. All they had to do was put a transparent menu left and right side of the screen beside the vendor when you click. It makes the game "feel" vastly more interactive, while doing absolutely nothing different than normal. It gives the illusion of an altered reality interface in the game by the simplest of means.

Honestly if I had been working there, the current version would not have made it to release.

There are no burning buildings or houses.
No fire brigade, no schools, no street concerts, no stray dogs or cats.
There are no birds flying around in flocks.
There are no chewing gums sticking to the streets.
So many things just don't exist.

Very first one was the scripted suicide event at the beginning of the game (after character background stories obviously).

Fresh in Night City, just after leaving your apartment on your way to meet Victor you see on that area a scripted (possible) suicide, some guy jumped (or thrown) through the window falls and lands just in front of you. When you continue that road you see your first crime action, some gang in shootout with police. These two scenes just one after another are very cleverly designed, giving you a first impression of a very lively, wide open Night City with endless options and opportunities.

Anyway, I thought, this jumped/thrown guy was some beginning of a quest or something bigger. I tried to investigate his body, tried top enter the building he fell from (all doors were locked), tried to speak the witnesses and police. Nothing happened. I even googled a lot about the script, didn't see much info (I preordered the game, and it was day one, hell hour one. Nobody knew anything and everybody was busy playing already). I thought that I need some upgrades or other thing to open those locked doors, tried a lot to interact anything around, and then gave up with the idea of coming back later when I have a better grasp of the game, and can find a way to continue the "quest".

When I discovered there wasn't more to it, and that was just it, I felt pretty disappointed. I really gave an impression of a beginning of a good side quest or treasure/lore hunt.

Top Bottom