What was your first minor dissapointment in the game?

+
I realized that the game was bad when I entered Dexter's apartment to deliver the chip. It felt so empty compared to what I expected.

I realized that the game was bad when I entered Dexter's apartment to deliver the chip. It felt so empty compared to what I expected.
Dexter's apartment? That was just the No-Tell Motel, a fallback meeting point if the shit hit the fan. That motel is also super cheap and sleezy, not the kind of hotel rooms I'd expect to have much in it.

Dexter's apartment? That was just the No-Tell Motel, a fallback meeting point if the shit hit the fan. That motel is also super cheap and sleezy, not the kind of hotel rooms I'd expect to have much in it.
Ok, not his apartment then but it felt empty when compared with the trailer.

My first minor disappointment was still in character creation, when I found out the hard way that trying to turn V around via K&M (E/Q buttons) scrolls through the options and messes everything up.

The first thing I did at the point that I seemed to have a choice was the Delamain missions. There I got jumped by 7 cyberpsychos who I obviously ran away from and hid. Before retaliating in any way I gained a wanted level, and a police done spawned directly behind me and killed me.

Not entering the city for the first time as a nomad. It was something I was expecting but I guess it is what it is :D

I've been hanging around this forum for the last few days, and I feel everybody is in the same boat as me, we generally like and enjoy the game, but are disappointed in it at the same time (getting some flashbacks to my childhood with that line).
What was your first minor disappointment in the game? Nothing big, just minor things.
Mine was starting out in the bar as a Streetkid, and getting excited by seeing all the arcade machines, but I cannot play any of the many different versions, not even one. You can play arcade games in other games, but not this one.
The intro cinematic running at 15 fps as it still does and literally anything near night city. Still...after 1.1 patch. Cdpr will not ne able to get this pile of garbage to run at a stable 30fps on console. Garbage bin product

For me (aprat from poor performance) I was immedeatly dissapointed with the NPCs and the absence of AI. I wonder if they ever add anything, fix it.

Reloading to get the perfect weapon circumvent the whole LOOT mechanism. You need to "Fix"/ find a solution this. People shouldn't be allowed to do this. and then again, Loot should feel rewarding and interesting...This is an design problem and quite an important one...Looking at you Anthem...

I've been hanging around this forum for the last few days, and I feel everybody is in the same boat as me, we generally like and enjoy the game, but are disappointed in it at the same time (getting some flashbacks to my childhood with that line).
What was your first minor disappointment in the game? Nothing big, just minor things.
Mine was starting out in the bar as a Streetkid, and getting excited by seeing all the arcade machines, but I cannot play any of the many different versions, not even one. You can play arcade games in other games, but not this one.

Lifepaths, for sure. Coming from a DAO fan, I'd thought someone would have improved on it 10 years later, and with 100+ million dollars. But silly me.

It's made me appreciate Bioware all over again. I thought CDPR had a chance to take the crown from them for this type of narrative/choice based game, but they don't even come close. I don't know why I thought that'd happen, and I can only blame myself in the end.

Playing as a corpo was awesome...for ten minutes. I wanted to stay with Arasaka and find Abernathy and generally immerse myself in the shadowy corpo world. I hope we get a DLC about this in the future.

With the help of a companion mod from Nexus Mods, I managed to find out what Abernathy looked like. I'm thinking she was supposed to be in the game but got cut; she's even wearing a Jinguji ring that we see several characters like Mr. Blue Eyes, Gary the Prophet, Jenkins, Anders Hellman, etc wearing.

Attachments

• photomode_19022021_205203.png
    photomode_19022021_205203.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 62
  • photomode_19022021_214835.png
    photomode_19022021_214835.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 58
My first disappointment was that non-interactive montage which shows jackie and v becoming friends and doing gigs together. I was like WTF?! I wasn't expecting that, it reminded me of Mafia 2 and those prerendered cutscenes which actually showed playable content that was cut from the game. Of course CP is not in the same state as Mafia 2 was, but the feeling was there, being 90% sure that all that stuff was once actual gameplay.

The life-paths. Started as Nomad, within 20 mins I was in Night City on the main quest.

I thought I had made a mistake, and missed a Nomad quest-line so I restarted the game.

Lo and behold that was it, very meager beginning, expected at least a couple of hours in the Badlands before entering the city.

Not being able to play the game at merely 20-30 FPS.
I had to play at 720p. But could not play for much time it look so blurred and bad on my 40" 1080p TV.
Plus the crashes, bugs, textures not loading, looking like a clown, lackluster AI, driving, shooting, loot, lack of customization, weak RPG elements made me stop.
I'll try the game again in 1-2 months.
If its still bad i'll completely delete it and forget about it like i did with Fallout 76, Anthem, No Man Sky, Alien Colonel Marines , Diablo 3, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and all other joke of releases.

Last edited:
First disappointment? Character creation.

No sliders, no bodytypes. Just some preset options, and not very many of them at that.

My first disappointment was the game running terrible for me on day 1 (PS4 slim), it was super blurry I couldn't believe how awful it looked.

Granted I was in a state of "omg I can't believe I'm finally playing Cyberpunk" and "omg why does it look so bad I can't barely see anything". Mixed feelings.

No true "happy" ending... I didn't follow the game nor did I watch any content creators... I did the Arasaka Ending first and... yeah it hit me hard.. Then I was like, okay, I did the game I'll just read up on the other endings.. Nope none are truly happy; that was the minor disappointment. Minor though, I'm now on my third run and still having fun.
I, too, didn't read or watch any play throughs. My first game ended with V leaving NC in the happy company of his girlfriend. I'd say that was a happy ending.

As for the topic, my first disappointment was the really huge character creation and clothing (appearance) options makes no difference in the game!

When I realized that the game has the same poor audio design and feedback as the witcher games.
No matter if you are wearing sneakers cowboy boots, heels, armored boots or no footwear at all, all the foot steps sounds produces this quick clacking sound and what made it even worst is the fact that this sound even plays on any hard walking surface including car hoods. Same applies to clothing when shuffling around.
Even the older elderscrolls games got these details down......... Saints row even does it with it's lack of resources and competence.

So hard to ignore this when its a forced first person perspective.

Top Bottom