What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+
PLASMA RIFLE

the lighting in night city would allow for some spectacular gun fights involving plasma. Blue plasma lighting up dark allys.that be cool as. Havent had a good plasma rifle since timesplitters 2.

PLASMA RIFLE

the lighting in night city would allow for some spectacular gun fights involving plasma. Blue plasma lighting up dark allys.that be cool as. Havent had a good plasma rifle since timesplitters 2.

No.... just no....

PLAUSIBLE tech.... not star wars blasters.

...preeeetty sure that plasma rifles (and most energy weapons) aren't part of the CP2020 canon. However, there *is* a weapon in canon that I think would tickle your fancy.

I forget the name, but it fires a small laser at the target; enough to ionize the air around the laser. Said weapon then discharges a lightning bolt down that current, to your target. Zap.

...preeeetty sure that plasma rifles (and most energy weapons) aren't part of the CP2020 canon. However, there *is* a weapon in canon that I think would tickle your fancy.

I forget the name, but it fires a small laser at the target; enough to ionize the air around the laser. Said weapon then discharges a lightning bolt down that current, to your target. Zap.

Dude.... do not give them ammunition...

No.... just no....

PLAUSIBLE tech.... not star wars blasters.

star wars had lasers, Im talking about plasma. A plasma firefight in low light conditions adds great visual stimuli. Timesplitters 2 got it right, cant think of any other game that had the plasma going off as hard as that game. Intense visual stimuli, thats what its about when you add a fully automatic plasma rifle to a verse like Cyberpunk.

check out the plasma going off in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP6TO8SERJA

...heh. I can practically hear Wisdom's blood pressure rising from here.

But yeah; agreed with Wisdom. Plasma weapons are a bit too "sci fi" for the setting, imo. I don't have any interest in seeing energy weapons in the game, unless they're particularly big and cumbersome (a-la the laser "rifles" in Akira.)

PLASMA RIFLE

star wars had lasers, Im talking about plasma. A plasma firefight in low light conditions adds great visual stimuli. Timesplitters 2 got it right, cant think of any other game that had the plasma going off as hard as that game. Intense visual stimuli, thats what its about when you add a fully automatic plasma rifle to a verse like Cyberpunk.

check out the plasma going off in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP6TO8SERJA

Go and play Planetside 2. Choose Vanu Sovereignty. It's free to play. You will be much happier.

Cyberpunk is not, i repeat, NOT SCI FI. No plasma guns. No Lightsabres. No Lightning Cannons. None of that stuff.

...heh. I can practically hear Wisdom's blood pressure rising from here.

So wisdom is the local fan boy that knows everything, but wait energy weapons such as lasers and plasma both are in the Cyberpunk verse. so dont slash up yet you might get to fire one of those bad boys someday in 2077.

Cyberpunk is not, i repeat, NOT SCI FI. No plasma guns. No Lightsabres. No Lightning Cannons. None of that stuff.

Hmmm lets look at the first sentence again on the wiki......"
Cyberpunk is a postmodern science fiction genre noted for its focus on "high tech and low life."

So far Ive seen the low life parts in here but wheres the high tech? just kidding your a swell bunch of misfits....that I will blast in PvP. lol

So wisdom is the local fan boy that knows everything,
When it comes to CP lore, yes. He is.

...but wait energy weapons such as lasers and plasma both are in the Cyberpunk verse. so dont slash up yet you might get to fire one of those bad boys someday in 2077.
Lasers, yes (and we have lasers in current weapons technology.)

Plasma... wait... erm... oh... guess not.
I just went through the entire list of every weapon listed in an official cyberpunk 2013 or 2020 source material. No plasma guns. Electro-Thermal Enhancement uses a liquid prepellant that is converted into a 'plasma' state (You know, the fourth state of being,) to achieve massive amounts of presure. There is a plasma arc torch, which we have today as well.

So, no plasma guns in 2020.

It really sounds like what you want has nothing to do with cyberpunk.

Hmmm lets look at the first sentence again on the wiki......"
Cyberpunk is a postmodern science fiction genre noted for its focus on "high tech and low life."

So far Ive seen the low life parts in here but wheres the high tech? just kidding your a swell bunch of misfits....that I will blast in PvP. lol
Quoting wikipedia at me is not going to help you out.

Cyberpunk, (the game,) is based on, (just as Wisdom said,) plausible technology. Admittedly some of it is pretty tenuous, but it is not in the realms of pure fiction.
Cybernetics - we have them now.
Synthetic ethanol fuels - we have them now
VTOL vehicles - had them for decades.
Lasers - got them now.
Railguns - got them now.

Plasma guns... nada.

Do you see the pattern?

no plasma guns in 2020.

It really sounds like what you want has nothing to do with cyberpunk.

So no Plasma guns in 2020. But wait, were in the 2077 part of the forum aren't we? Haha lol, got you there mate, none of you know if their will be Plasma guns in CP 2077...

thats why I posted my desire for plasma weapons..specifically, a plasma rifle with a high rate of fire that dose minimal burn damage .

Ohhh..I dunno. I could swallow it if it were dirty and nasty enough. Had them in Deus Ex as this great bulky heavy weapon, didn't ruin the feel. 2020 was pretty close to plasma tech. Hell, we might be nearing it now.

I guess I don't see the difference between the lasers and the plasma. Just make them both as lasers are in 2020 - bulky, underpowered and easily eclipsed by more developed tech.

This isn't a big button press, guys. I mean, if we didn't have damn laser eyes and the arc guns.....but we do.

Again, make it clear it's early, it's clumsy and it sucks. Def. not the super sci fi silliness like in Planetside. Also, hilariously, it could do what it does in Warhammer 40K and blow up on you sometimes. Because funny.

No, that distinctly would not make me happy.... too high tech and way too goofy for Cyberpunk.
Good job I didn't suggest it for cyberpunk then Wiz. DethFuk here wants mass combat and plasma guns. I say give him Planetside, he doesn't want Cyberpunk.

So no Plasma guns in 2020. But wait, were in the 2077 part of the forum aren't we? Haha lol, got you there mate, none of you know if their will be Plasma guns in CP 2077...

thats why I posted my desire for plasma weapons..specifically, a plasma rifle with a high rate of fire that dose minimal burn damage .

Do you know what plasma actually is? You like Wikipedia, so here you go:
Plasma (from Greek πλάσμα, "anything formed") is one of the four fundamental states of matter (the others being solid, liquid, and gas). Heating a gas may ionize its molecules or atoms (reducing or increasing the number of electrons in them), thus turning it into a plasma, which contains charged particles: positive ions and negative electrons or ions. Ionization can be induced by other means, such as strong electromagnetic field applied with a laser or microwave generator, and is accompanied by the dissociation of molecular bonds, if present. Plasma can also be created by the application of an electric field on a gas, where the underlying process is the Townsend avalanche.

So, plasma is a state of matter that has less density that gas. That does not bode well for making it into a projectile does it. You may get away with using it in some form of spray, like a flame thrower, but when consider the nature of that state of matter and how it behaves, it would be more trouble than it would be worth.

And as for your 'minimal burn' request; the temperature of the plasma around the sun is somewhere between 1,000,000 and 2,000,000 degrees celcius. So thats not going to fly.

Ohhh..I dunno. I could swallow it if it were dirty and nasty enough. Had them in Deus Ex as this great bulky heavy weapon, didn't ruin the feel. 2020 was pretty close to plasma tech. Hell, we might be nearing it now.

I guess I don't see the difference between the lasers and the plasma. Just make them both as lasers are in 2020 - bulky, underpowered and easily eclipsed by more developed tech.

This isn't a big button press, guys. I mean, if we didn't have damn laser eyes and the arc guns.....but we do.

Again, make it clear it's early, it's clumsy and it sucks. Def. not the super sci fi silliness like in Planetside. Also, hilariously, it could do what it does in Warhammer 40K and blow up on you sometimes. Because funny.

I would rather there weren't laser weapons in the video game either... it gives the wrong feel.

Edit: and the weapons of deus ex were way too goofy, it's one of the prime reasons the game never actually felt cyberpunk to me.

taken from Cyberpunk Hardwired source book

Laser weapons are available for the true technophiles...and forget the business of beam weapons cauterizing wounds, these beam weapons are tuned to the harmonic frequency of the bodies water, creating instant steam explosions that blow bloody great chunks out of people.

this could very well satisfy my desire for high tech firefights that provide plenty of visual stimuli.

Yeah, i would hope lasers are suitably graphic. David Drake did them like that in Hammer's Slammers - pretty nasty. Dethfuk - grin - "Hardwired" is an alternate setting for Cyberpunk. There are a few. One has vampires! They are not what CDPR is using though - they are going the default 2020 setting. Hardwired has substantial differences. Like, no Net. Yeah. Pretty big.

I've never found the lasers to give the wrong feel, honestly. If anything, I'd pick the overly-common flying cars, FCBs and ACPA that some GMs deploy way too much.
Lasers or tracer rounds look pretty similar, visually.

But, if they weren't in the game, no biggie at all. damn things suck hard.

taken from Cyberpunk Hardwired source book

this could very well satisfy my desire for high tech firefights that provide plenty of visual stimuli.

Hardwired is an alternate reality sourcebook based off the novel by Walter John Williams, it is not Cyberpunk 2020 canon material. And while some of the tech matches up with Cyberpunk 2020, much of it does not.

Top Bottom