What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+
I want 12ga acidic rounds.. (Perchloric acid or something even stronger) I want to hear them scream while they slowly melt away.. And when they touch their friends, acid will spread and they will ALL die! HAHAHHAHHA

Anyway.. I also want something that looks like this:

But it should use .950 JDJ ammo instead. (Biggest caliber ammo there is)

You want somethig that looks like a Chauchat? Really? I assume you mean that in a fairly loose sense.

I get why you want it to fire these bad boys though:

Then again, I guess it will end up looking more like this:

Oh, and I forgot 13mm rifle rounds, for the Cyborg Rifle.

EDIT: Oh, and I dread to think what the recoil is like on those .950 jdj's @ 38,700 ft·lbf ...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The Chauchat.... seriously????? You do know that the weapon in that image is widely regarded as the worst production machine gun to ever see military service right?

And what is it with you and antiques man? Your taste in guns is like my grammies taste in furniture... hideous, obsolete, and prone to falling apart...

And that's precisely why i picked it. I know it is one of the worst rifles ever produced by man kind, (And dare i say most infective) but it has an elegance to it. And it also has an interesting design. A design that would be complete with .905 JDJ ammunition.

Also.. HOW DARE YOU! How dare you insult your grandparents taste.. I saw your grammies taste in furniture, she has great taste.. (I like old weapons.. Deal with it :cool: ) :D

You want somethig that looks like a Chauchat? Really? I assume you mean that in a fairly loose sense.

I get why you want it to fire these bad boys though:

Then again, I guess it will end up looking more like this:

Oh, and I forgot 13mm rifle rounds, for the Cyborg Rifle.

EDIT: Oh, and I dread to think what the recoil is like on those .950 jdj's @ 38,700 ft·lbf ...

Of course i mean it in a incredibly loose sense, i just want it to look in a similar way. It shouldn't be as large as the one in your post, but it should be really long, it should have a large magazine like that and it should be fully or at least semi automatic. Heat wise, a longer barrel would work better for a caliber that size. (You are not gonna see a pistol or an smg that shoots anti-materiel rifle rounds any time soon.)

I didn't say it doesn't exist. But it is not commercially produced and for good reason... Who would be both crazy and stupid enough to fire one? (I mean, is your hands and wrist are not important enough?) Also, it cannot be considered completely legal.. Single shot version is not banned, but that's it. I mean, the person who sold the plans for building Maddi-Griffin rifles and pistols was raided and convicted by the Feds for gods sake.. That says something...

Well people seem to get upset when I say I want a gun that shoots hypersonic munitions or a Gauss gun that has a 8 mj capacitor, hey it's the future with 10 foot tall walking tanks who would use 5.56mm ammo or its bigger cousins the 7mm, atleast give me an auto canon :)

Well people seem to get upset when I say I want a gun that shoots hypersonic munitions or a Gauss gun that has a 8 mj capacitor, hey it's the future with 10 foot tall walking tanks who would use 5.56mm ammo or its bigger cousins the 7mm, atleast give me an auto canon :)

Good point about railguns...

Gauss tech could feasibly have been miniaturized to the point where you could probably have a railgun the size of a large rifle...

Ye-ah. CP2020 has railguns. They are mounted on tanks. BIG tanks. Since the tech of 2077 is going to be pretty close with slight updates, ( bet on plasma arcs, I hear), man-portable railguns could be possible, but unlikely.

It's easy to stray too far into science-fantasy - especially nowadays when it seems like we are nearly living it. You have to watch that things are suitably gritty, prone to jamming and understandable by guys humped down in Central America, about to be abandoned by their government.

Otherwise, we will trip and land in phaser-ville.

VIGILANCE MUST BE MAINTAINED. HAIL THE EMPER...er...Arasaka?

Ye-ah. CP2020 has railguns. They are mounted on tanks. BIG tanks. Since the tech of 2077 is going to be pretty close with slight updates, ( bet on plasma arcs, I hear), man-portable railguns could be possible, but unlikely.

It's easy to stray too far into science-fantasy - especially nowadays when it seems like we are nearly living it. You have to watch that things are suitably gritty, prone to jamming and understandable by guys humped down in Central America, about to be abandoned by their government.

Otherwise, we will trip and land in phaser-ville.

VIGILANCE MUST BE MAINTAINED. HAIL THE EMPER...er...Arasaka?

Chrome Book 2, page 38
Rhinemetall EMG-85, manportable railgun, shoulder mounted. Very slow RoF though, 20 second cycle time.

All I am really suggesting is that this could be reduced in size, maybe down to something the size of a light 50.

Ohhh yeah. I forgot about the Rhinemetall. It's a piece of crap, you know? Bettered by the Colt-Mauser and the AM Rifle. But, yeah, man portable railguns do exist. Point to you, sir.

Has anyone mentioned trap/defensive weapons? Say an electromagnetic net gun or something, perhaps a mine that props up a wall so you can evade pursuers?

I wouldnt' mind being able to throw a couple mines down and have them connect and throw up a barrier, would be neato.

Has anyone mentioned trap/defensive weapons? Say an electromagnetic net gun or something, perhaps a mine that props up a wall so you can evade pursuers?

I wouldnt' mind being able to throw a couple mines down and have them connect and throw up a barrier, would be neato.

A wall.... no... however there aer BOM Wire Obstacles...

Basically semi rigid monowire tightly coiled and condensed into a spool and stuffed in a bomb about the size of a two liter... when they go off they fill the area with razor wire...

Originally just a defensive option for ACPA, these things are extremely effective deterrents on the quick, and once expanded, with special gloves you can pull em out to cover a wide area...

However what we really liked doing was using them aquatically.... setting them off near a group of divers... the monowire is pretty much invisible in water, and they are pretty much instantly tangled up in them, their struggles only making things worse...

There are also restrain grenades and casters... small grenades that when they go off release a rapidly expanding and hardening foam, basic issue for cops... wont cover the hwhole body, but will cover say the torso and get the arms stuck in position, making it pretty easy for the brutal take down that follows and l;iberal application of nightsticks...

In my game the police have a sprayer version, that works like a fire extinguisher, only spraying the hardening foam.... works great on crowds or as an quick area denial measure.

awesome, i'm learning more and more every day. Cheerz.

The sheer scope and possibility of weapons is amazing, can't wait to see what we get.

What would be awesome is to have a man portable 20 mm auto canon or a assault rifle that fires 500 bullets a second. Also it would be nice if some of the weapons were exclusive to full borgs.

Chrome Book 2, page 38
Rhinemetall EMG-85, manportable railgun, shoulder mounted. Very slow RoF though, 20 second cycle time.

All I am really suggesting is that this could be reduced in size, maybe down to something the size of a light 50.

Thats really about as small as its going to get and be in any way cost or battlefield effective.

Even at that size you are better off just using a an anti-tank rifle with API shells...

Get a Barret .50, Electrothermally enhance it, and you are outperforming that gun six ways to sunday for a bout a tenth of the price.

no-o, it works like a rail gun.It penetrates hell out of armour.

But. It's very, very new. Which means, usually and in this instance, very very crappy. The tech Wisdom refers to is much more tried and true for the job.

When it comes to taking on armour, as Sard said, it's very difficult to match railguns. But that basically is their limit.

They ignore 75% of your armour but only half the damage that gets through is applied. But hey, 5D10+10 is nothing to sniff at, especially when metalgear gets reduced to the equivelnt of SP6, an AV-4 comes down to SP10 and even a Boris is treated as SP16.

If there is a 'Futuristic' weapon in the game, then I hope it's gauss technology. I always prefered gauss to lasers.

so, by 2077 the tech should be refined enough for mass production? Maybe even replacing the 50 cal sniper for something more powerful.

I don't know about mass production. I know they would be military grade still and as "black market" as it gets. You would probably have similar trouble buying a nuke.

Top Bottom