What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+

Attachments

• halloween-long-nails.jpg
    halloween-long-nails.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 220px-Scheme_human_hand_bones-en.svg.jpg
    220px-Scheme_human_hand_bones-en.svg.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 50
Visible weapon is really a good idea. Also gives you an idea how ridiculous you look, trying to carry a Militech RPG-A around in Night City.

So, yeah, holstered/slung/strapped weapons, please.

Visible weapon is really a good idea. Also gives you an idea how ridiculous you look, trying to carry a Militech RPG-A around in Night City.

I most definitely agree... though I believe you should be able to layer the holsters, so that shoulder holsters can be concealed by a jacket, or hip holsters by a long coat... just for handguns really...

I also beleve that different areas of the city should react differently to weapons that aren;t concealed... show up in the combat zone or out in the nomad wastelands, with an assault rifle on your back and no one blinks... try it in the city and the police are called.... do it in the corporate zone and here comes C-SWAT...

I most definitely agree... though I believe you should be able to layer the holsters, so that shoulder holsters can be concealed by a jacket, or hip holsters by a long coat... just for handguns really...

I also beleve that different areas of the city should react differently to weapons that aren;t concealed... show up in the combat zone or out in the nomad wastelands, with an assault rifle on your back and no one blinks... try it in the city and the police are called.... do it in the corporate zone and here comes C-SWAT...

Yes that would make sense and appear also realistic. And modifications of weapons too!

Try carrying a Tsunami Arms Helix into Hades in the Afterlife, if you even get that far. It's a good example of when it might not be the best idea to brandish your arsenal. :cool:

visibles weapons are always good just like in Max Payne 3. Its stupid if it looks like the character put the gun out of nowhere..

Melee weapons for the "up close and personal encounters". I think a sort of like a Cybernitic Battleaxe for grunts and nano rapiers for slimmer chars - would be nice. Then again if we are talking about firepower then maybe a futuristic version of the AK-47 classic:p

Melee weapons for the "up close and personal encounters". I think a sort of like a Cybernitic Battleaxe for grunts and nano rapiers for slimmer chars - would be nice. Then again if we are talking about firepower then maybe a futuristic version of the AK-47 classic:p

"Up close and personal" is why pistols exist. You can have your chainaxe - just give me my .454 with ETE and DPU rounds. Bye-bye Borg.

CP has monoweapons - very nice. The enhanced ones don't even usually break on a parry! They also have something called the Battleglove, which replicates the options and damage boost of a cyberarm, only in a nice-noninvasive very imposing gauntlet.

For when you're REALLY up close an personal, we also have SharkBite and the likes of cybereye laser weapons. Or implanted body weaponry, for the truly, truly intimate touch.

There is a whole section in cyberware under Black Cyber in the 2020 PnP rulebook - check it out at drivethrurpg.com or take a look at any of the links in the Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk forum.

Different sort of handguns and possibly weapona with arrows like bows and crossbows.

The Monosword Cane. Will work perfectly with the role I'm presumably going to try out first--Corporate.

OMG Now THAT would be awesome! Works both as a decorative and as a weapon. Ok, more concieled weapons thanks :D

I'm sure there are lots of great ideas for lethal weapons here...I'd like to see a good variety of non-lethal ones too. Even if the choice is cosmetic, being able to choose how you handle someone, perhaps based on how you feel about an NPC, or about your own character, would offer that much more depth to both the role playing experience and combat fun.

Someone needs to utilize the idea of the Laptop Gun from Perfect Dark way back in the day. Maybe for Hackers.

I'm hoping the list of weapons, along with augmentations and implants, truly is massive like advertised. Not only massive, but statistically unique and viable, along with rare weapons that have special features, purposes...and art design. That'd be friggin sweet.

I hope each class of weaponry has wide variety, good balance and versitility.

Complex and diverse attachments and weapon augs.

Well that depends...right, if i have weapons, in my body that i can use I don't need to have one in my belt, only if I am completely human. All doe I will like to see some flamethrower coming from my left arm obviously, if I buy it as a modification for my tech body.

it would be nice to see the cube chuckers from snow crash (i might be mixing that up with virtual light... i just got my loan through, i think the phrase is 'beer fund', it's confusing me). non-lethal would be nice, though i have yet to comp[lete any game with non-lethal anything.

We need guns.. Lots of guns.

I would love to see a huge arsenal of melee weapons: batons, shurikens, knives, swords, axes, (chainsaws?) hammers etc.
Bring in a big ton of firearms.
Classic handguns like revolvers (Colt .45, Magnum pistols etc.) Assault Rifles, Snipers (the FR-F6 bullpup or the classic Barrett M-90).
Of course High-Tech energy type weapons should be included.. But also more ''primitive'' weapons like bows. Longbows, Reflex bows, Composite bows, Recurve bows, compund bows, maybe even self-bows. A type of crossbow would be great too.
But, let's not forget stationary weapons like turrets and mortars. And why not add some explosive weapons like missiles, grenades etc. :)! Railguns should also be part of the game (Deathwind anyone?)
All of these weapons would be even better with a wide variety of ammo types.
All in all, it's a lot. Let's just hope the devs take their time with this game, and pack it with as much content as they can. I'm hyped!!

I want to see melee weapons. Specifically a Katana.

In the very first CP2020 game i played i was a Solo whose only weapons were Rippers and a Katana. Was interesting having to think about positioning etc in a combat where the rest of the group where armed to the teeth with projectile weapons.
I do maintain bringing a knife to a gun fight is stupid but a Katana kinda levels to playing field. ;)

Top Bottom