What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+
One well thought out well written article by an engineer with supportable/verifiable facts not opinions ... yeah.
I've always said: "Prove me wrong and I'll thank you for it".

Pretty sure you haven't -always- said that. Be pretty weird if those were your first words.

No need to thank me.

Note to self: Canadians take things to too literally to comprehend sarcasm - punish them for it!

((grammar fixed to placate the placate the Cannuck {I still prefer 2 n's}))

Last edited:
Note to self:

Punishment. OHhhhooooohhhhh ahhhhhhh yesssssssss. Punish me. With your weapons. Mmmmm. Err..what?

Also, I think you meant, "take things too literally". Not "to literally".

Again, no need to thank me. I'm here for you. I'm a Mod, we live to serve.

If you want a look on a cool "cyberpunk" gun, try the Calico 9 mm SMG, a real gun with high capacity clip (100 rounds!) and a cool clip system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcs47yppl0A

You you want to see those guns in action and watching a good action/cyberpunk film, find TIMEBOMB on the Internet ( Starring Michael Bhien, the guy from terminator and Patsy Kensit from Lethal weapon 2), a excellent B movie about brainwashed G-men killers chasing one of them going rogue and amnesic. The director was a young Israelian just returning to civil life after his service in the israelian force, his film was very tainted by this, a good solo movie with realistic gunfights and stunning close combat Krav Maga devastating attacks AND a solid cyberpunk story, a sweet deal for Solo fans.

A solid list, Industrial. Have you had a chance to check out the tech found in the Cyberpunk 2020 RPG, some of which is very similar to your list?

http://datafortress2020.com/ultrachrome.html

These are all from the core PnP game that CDPR is drawing upon while the build CP2077. Check it out! Lots of goodness there.

That's a LOT of weapons! As has been said, let's have all of those and whatever else CDPR puts in the game. I really want to know what the name of the assault rifle that the SWAT team is using in the trailer, it looks ridiculously cool! :)
View attachment 5085

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 SWAT.jpg
    Cyberpunk 2077 SWAT.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 147
Double Post - please remove

I kind of like it. We can see more of your cool avatar this way. Hey! Did you see they were making a Kain MMO called Nosgoth! Pretty cool, eh?!

Err...wait. Nars said I'm not supposed to do this.

Bad Moderator! No trolling! Bad!

Anyway, it is a lot of weapons. Many of them are variations on a theme, true, but even so.

Best part is that the rest of the gameworld has also seen mucho attention. Gadgets, foods, clothes ....there are great chunks on what kind of clothes to buy and what Look they give you.

Really full of stuff to draw on for CDPR.

But, yes, so many delicious weapons.

I kind of like it. We can see more of your cool avatar this way. Hey! Did you see they were making a Kain MMO called Nosgoth! Pretty cool, eh?!

Err...wait. Nars said I'm not supposed to do this.

Bad Moderator! No trolling! Bad!

Anyway, it is a lot of weapons. Many of them are variations on a theme, true, but even so.

Best part is that the rest of the gameworld has also seen mucho attention. Gadgets, foods, clothes ....there are great chunks on what kind of clothes to buy and what Look they give you.

Really full of stuff to draw on for CDPR.

But, yes, so many delicious weapons.

I guess @Nars is going to give you the punishment now eh?:popo::whip:

Don't say anything about THAT abomination of a game! I get angry just thinking about it! Legacy of Kain is a single player series, not a fecking arena fighter! Say that name again and I WILL smash something!!

Don't say anything about THAT abomination of a game! I get angry just thinking about it! Legacy of Kain is a single player series, not a fecking arena fighter! Say that name again and I WILL smash something!!

They should have done a new Soul Reaver instead of Nosgoth,even the style doesn't fit :/

That's a LOT of weapons! As has been said, let's have all of those and whatever else CDPR puts in the game. I really want to know what the name of the assault rifle that the SWAT team is using in the trailer, it looks ridiculously cool! :)
View attachment 5085

I'm sure a great deal of analysis has gone into dissecting this weapon but from what I can see it contains:
- Large caliber explosive or sabot munition a la XM25
- Small caliber munition equivalent to a "rifle round" in today's world
- some kind of hybrid magazine as there is only one visible
- caseless ammunition for the smaller caliber as only the ejection port for the larger caliber is visible (although I don't know why the larger caliber round has a case if the smaller one doesn't but I digress)
- Physical holographic reticule equivalent to an EOTECH from today*
- Physical display of ammunition or power*

On the really nitpickey side it also features:
- a non-adjustible stock and heat shield which means there is a lot of recoil and what ever they are putting down range is big, hot, frequent, and nasty
- a bullpup design which means increased barrel length is needed over ability to reload in combat, see above
- no foregrip because gauntlets of +10 strengthcyber hands?
*don't know why the weapon has the holo-sights, or physical readouts, as these dudes are wearing opaque face-plates. I suspect it could be an "air-gap" to prevent the enemy from hacking your targeting systems...actually if this is the case then...CDPR, shutup and take my money!

View attachment 5088

Attachments

• shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
    shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 40
Also ridiculously innefective.

Well, let's talk about that! In PnP terms, since, you know, that's going to be our frame of reference. It's what CDPR is using after all.

We'll have to make some assumptions here, of course.

Body plating gives you an SP of 20 - Faceplate, iirc, is 25. That's a -hell- of a customized faceplate, but sure. Someone obviously spent a lot of money on her. That's some serious armour.

5.56 does 18 damage on average. So, yeah,. they are gonna bounce. But that's really on those cops for coming under-gunned.

IF they'd loaded AP rounds, the armour would be 12 SP and suddenly those rounds would be penetrating most of the time. Still take awhile, since BTM means minimum damage.

Borgs are hard to kill.

IF the cops had come ready to rock and firing 7.62, well. Well. Then you're looking 22 damage per hit. Before Armour Piercing. Some, ( just under half) of those rounds are going to penetrate and a few of them are going to Pen really really well and it'll be over.

In short, that's why you Always Bring Enough Gun. Or send in C-SWAT. Kind of their job.

Guess I have to wonder if those four are ment to represent "run-of-the-mill" cops or perhaps normal SWAT as opposed to C-SWAT?

Guess I have to wonder if those four are ment to represent "run-of-the-mill" cops or perhaps normal SWAT as opposed to C-SWAT?

Yeah, we talked about this earlier. I figured they were SWAT, but someone else found the NCPD armours, ( from Protect and Serve?) and figured they were regaulr cops.

I dunno. Seems like a lot of armour and hardware to wear on a daily basis in California, even Northern California. Plus, I thought NCPD regular wear was soft armours..

Yeah, we talked about this earlier. I figured they were SWAT, but someone else found the NCPD armours, ( from Protect and Serve?) and figured they were regaulr cops.

I dunno. Seems like a lot of armour and hardware to wear on a daily basis in California, even Northern California. Plus, I thought NCPD regular wear was soft armours..

They're basic anti-riot suit (modern one at least), since everyone wear a gun and would probably shot them, I think it's a part of the standard equipment, probably it's made in light material.
The C-Swat are all a bunch of psychopath cyborg armored to the teeth, so IMO the one with the smartgoogle shooting the gal in the head would look more like a C-Swat.

They're basic anti-riot suit (modern one at least), since everyone wear a gun and would probably shot them, I think it's a part of the standard equipment, probably it's made in light material.

Well, it may be made of light material, but it's still bulky and cop shifts are often long days. You going to take all that off everytime you do paperwork? Maybe they put it on just as they responded to the call.

The C-Swat are all a bunch of psychopath cyborg armored to the teeth, so IMO the one with the smartgoogle shooting the gal in the head would look more like a C-Swat.

Nah, C-SWAT aren't psychopaths, quite. They are often close. They get tested! They also aren't all cyborgs. That guy is C-SWAT, though, it's on his shoulder patches. Well, MAX-TAC, NCPD C-SWAT designation is, anyway.

Top Bottom