What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+
No weapon in particular but i hope i can put a silencer on most of them for my sneaky playthrough.

Snowflakez;n10433522 said:
Interesting video. I knew that silencers didn't actually "silence" gunshots, but I wasn't aware of the bullet drop/bullet speed thing.
NOTE: I changed the video from the first one I used because the first didn't cover sound which was the real issue under discussion.

The one Snowflakez is referring to was discussing some other issues with how games tend to represent silencers.

Using our hands as weapons would be pretty cool, especially if you can add some blades into your skins just like the teaser trailer! That would be sick in my opinion.

Hi, since every game nowadays is really big - in overall, it would be nice to change "tone" completely, when it makes sense.
By tone I mean basically everything.

For example, if player fights 1v1 at dark night, with nothing to see, but just violet neon lights slightly lighting around,
hears nothing, but just rain, heavy footsteps, breath of his foe;

I think in this situation it could be worth to "not render anything" and let just all around be in total darkness.
Maybe somewhat make these neon lights flicker, adjust their intensity during fight, make them blur
disable completely music and let the whole situation feel "empty" - as whole life is, if you take it from "mortality" view.

Very like so in new James Bond movies - with David Craig.
(Brutal) combat, contradiction of heavy red blood on white wall tiles, and at the end he just doesn't shot his foe,
but drown him while his shaking legs symbolize his life going away.

But also, in some complex fight, there could be some cool song playing all over gun shots and action,
graphics as sharp as possible, etc....

If the game is going to be even longer than witcher 3,
it would be boring to hear all the same combat tracks all over again,
to always fight with the same style (which is implemented in the game),
to make (dialog) choices the same way...
Problem is, that if the game is long enough, player will understand all the mechanics and logic applied to gameplay - all the boundaries;
and after that game just looses its mysteriousness and real want of player to explore.

Maybe it would be nice to develop game as connection of many sub-games (let's say chapters),
with shared lore and everything, but with just different mood and everything.
There are many art styles; and who says that the sharpest graphics and futuristic-electro-music are the most "suitable" ones ?

None-lethal weapons, both melee and range based - that would sound interesting, assuming they provide a meaningful possibility of interaction with downed opponents, such as being able to arrest them or take them hostage / captive, or, if you're of a less lawful origin, sell them, assuming you can of course extract them successfully. Or just deciding you let them go, and they would continue to live their live or be present in the game world somewhere maybe. In some situations you may have to fight someone but do not want to kill them, whether gameplay related or simply your "RP preference".

Additionally it would be interesting if some of those non-lethal measures are simply limited in duration (like in reality). If you tase or pepperspray someone they would eventually regain their senses and so on and could try to run or continue to fight.

Metropolice;n10459162 said:
None-lethal weapons, both melee and range based - that would sound interesting, assuming they provide a meaningful possibility of interaction with downed opponents, such as being able to arrest them or take them hostage / captive, or, if you're of a less lawful origin, sell them, assuming you can of course extract them successfully. Or just deciding you let them go, and they would continue to live their live or be present in the game world somewhere maybe. In some situations you may have to fight someone but do not want to kill them, whether gameplay related or simply your "RP preference".

Additionally it would be interesting if some of those non-lethal measures are simply limited in duration (like in reality). If you tase or pepperspray someone they would eventually regain their senses and so on and could try to run or continue to fight.

I actually agree with you here. I'm sure Su will chime in about how unrealistic non-lethal weapons can be (blunt force trauma tends to hurt, after all), but in the context of a video game, I always like being given the choice to knock enemies out or kill them. Not everybody is evil.

Of course, self preservation comes first. If you get jumped by 3 street rats, no matter how hungry or cold they may be, your life should come first.

Snowflakez;n10459402 said:
I actually agree with you here. I'm sure Su will chime in about how unrealistic non-lethal weapons can be (blunt force trauma tends to hurt, after all), but in the context of a video game, I always like being given the choice to knock enemies out or kill them. Not everybody is evil.

Of course, self preservation comes first. If you get jumped by 3 street rats, no matter how hungry or cold they may be, your life should come first.

That is a good point. I'm also (if not primarily) arguing for, say, the cop role that will "apparently" be one of the notable "factions" or "roles" you may get to pick - and there, "non-lethal gameplay" might be an integral part or to be expected at times. You might get missions where you naturally have to 'arrest' or get someone alive, like in some games. Some older games didn't really have non-lethal mechanics so what it sometimes boiled down to was using quest items or simply giving you the illusion you got someone alive.

What I basically almost 'expect' here is having that as part of the game, meaning that you could in theory also knock out the street thug if you wanted. And this might pay a bit better compared to dead ones, while maybe being trickier or associated with higher risks, such as having to get closer.

Actually, unlike a doctor (or anyone else with medical training) I don't have a real problem with smacking people over the head to incapacitate them in video games (which in reality is unreliable and dangerous as hell for the victim) and I'd love to see various non-lethal means available. I just don't want to see them become one-shot-I-win as they're portrayed in most games.

Last edited:
Metropolice;n10461232 said:
Well, tasing someone without proper gear pretty much equals a one-shot-I-win-scenario I suppose.

Generally you're probably right, but I've heard of one or two beefy dudes absorbing a taser shot and walking away. Phew. I don't ever want to meet one of 'em.

Suhiira;n10461032 said:
Actually, unlike a doctor (or anyone else with medical training) I don't have a real problem with smacking people over the head to incapacitate them in video games (which in reality is unreliable and dangers as hell for the victim) and I'd love to see various non-lethal means available. I just don't want to see them become one-shot-I-win as they're portrayed in most games.

Sorry if that sounded sarcastic, I was being genuine. You tend to know more about that sort of stuff, so I was just inviting a different perspective than the typical "because its fun" thing that I tend to subscribe to. Realism is important as well.

Metropolice;n10461232 said:
Well, tasing someone without proper gear pretty much equals a one-shot-I-win-scenario I suppose.
Not necessarily:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNXdzPTkviM
Given that CP202 used a BTM (Body Type Modifier) that reduces the amount of injury taken I'd expect this to be used as a "save" for succumbing to something like a taser as well.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n10461492 said:
Not necessarily:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNXdzPTkviM
Given that CP202 used a BTM (Body Type Modifier) that reduces the amount of injury taken I'd expect this to be used as a "save" for succumbing to something like a taser as well.

Also, tasers are far from 100% effective. As no doubt Su knows. Guy I grew up with, cops had to taser him 5 times to put him down. Drunk and pissed off, probably some meth to boot. People, yay!

anything from a 1911 or a old school revolver to a modern rifle. bring in all sorts of weapons as well as unique weapons. some can even be for fun like Just Cause 2's water pistol

I'm sure cops or corps in CP2077 can have some updated taser version (or other LTL-weaponry) that can deal with people on drugs or certain mods. They scale up, you scale up. While you are right that it may not always work, I believe tools would be at hand that make it "generally work". And that's what mostly matters, I suppose.

I want a telescoping quarterstaff. It's like a foot-long rod that extends from either end when I give it a twirl. Then, there's a 6-inch blade that can be extended from one end with a button, making it a spear.

SigilFey;n10467502 said:
I want a telescoping quarterstaff. It's like a foot-long rod that extends from either end when I give it a twirl. Then, there's a 6-inch blade that can be extended from one end with a button, making it a spear.

Hello again.

And yes, that sounds fantastic to me. Some sort of polearm-y weapon in general would be right up my alley.

Top Bottom