What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+
Then the only drawback I can think of liquid armor for the 2077 game is it being endgame and/or hard to attain.

I was thinking more of real-life drawbacks. Might be temperature/photo sensitive, cause skin irritation, be prohibitively expensive, require significant maintenance, or any number of other things.

Call me crazy and eccentric, but I wish to have a bow, combat knife and some type of six-shooter (if Nomads are playable like I'm hoping they are, then I wish to have these for my personal Nomad).

Last edited:
I am pretty sure I have said this in this post befor... but I do wish for there to be sniper rifles in the game, especially silenced sniper rifles. Sure, the game will take place in a city, where sniper rifles might not always be all that useful... seeing as large parts of the game will probably take place in atleast somewhat confined areas, where something like an assaultrifle with a scope might be better suited. But I still love taking those longranged, hopefully silenced, shots from a secure possition.

My style of combat in games, where modern/futuristic types of weapons are used, has pretty much always been the careful sneaky'ish style, where I prefer to pick my moments when to best take someone out (usually as silantly and/or unnoticed as possible).

I also prefer to take out enemies with as few shots as possible. Which means that I almost never have a weapon on anything else then "single shot" setting, unless of course the weapon does not have a single shot option... heck I even prefer to use the single shot setting on submachine guns if that is the only weapon I have (or if it is more powerful per shot then other weapons I have at the moment).

I don't like the "spray and pray" tactics with weapons really, and I rarely use tactics like that, usually only if it is the best option to bring down a certain enemy. What I do like is precision shots which goes where I want them to, and controlled "manual bursts" is usually how I prefer to get more shots down the range... I find automatic bursts to be a waste of ammunition.

I also tend to naturally snipe with whatever weapon I use, going for headshots of course. I even tend to do "longrange" sniping with pistols and other weapons not normally suited for that kind of job, but if I have a silenced sniper I will use that as much as possible.

I wish there would be weapons that kill people, you know, to death. If there would be modding kit I wish there would be dubstep gun.

I wish there would be weapons that kill people, you know, to death. If there would be modding kit I wish there would be dubstep gun.

I hope they don't even think for even a fraction of a second of making this game like Saints Row The Third (that was terrible and number 4 was even worse). I don't think they'd even think of adding such a gun anyways cause its to satirical and comedic for a serious and mature setting that CP77 is angling for.

Please just think for awhile what your asking for, do you truly think that this is what die hard fans of CP Series and the others on here want for CP77 (that's in a gritty, no nonsense, serious setting)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZaE7QkME38#aid=P-WCw1J-ijs

Last edited:
When it comes to the silent/suppressed weapons I would like to see a bit of realism in a game for a change. A suppressed M-16 doesn't sound like an M-16 but it is still loud (heard from a mile away versus 5 miles away) and the round is still supers-sonic, the sonic boom is still there and rather recognizable. The truly silent suppressed weapons are those that fire on single shot (no noise from the action) and use sub-sonic rounds (no sonic boom). When sacrificing velocity, the best way to maintain KE is to increase mass, this is why my favorite round to suppress is the .45.

If you were to reduce a sniper round to sub-sonic velocities, its trajectory would drop off too rapidly for it to be effective at a long range. Using a suppressed sniper rifle gives you more time to reposition or run after a shot, as you are much harder to locate, but take 3 or more shots from the same position and they will know right where you are.

If you want a silent, long range, very accurate weapon, buy a laser rifle and boil their brains out of their ears and nose from as far away as you can manage line of sight. Weather conditions permitting of course. If you really want to go silent and long range, firearms don't offer that option.

So I guess that I would really like to see a few major advances in DEWs (directed energy weapons). Man-portable solid state lasers that can pump out several shots at 6D6 or maybe 10D6 (to use CP2020 parlance) and I won't complain at a backpack battery. A charged particle gun that floods cybernetics with high energy electrons would be fun against a full conversion cyber-psycho. Ya' know, stuff like that.

When I said silenced in my post I did mean supressed... as I was writing the post I was thinking about how weapons are truly never compleatly silenced... I had just forgoten the right word at the time (supressed), but as I continued writing I forgot to actually look it up and change it. XD

As for amount of shots befor needing to move with a sniper rifle... to expand the part about my playstyle. I will usually have spent a lot of time beforhand checking out where enemies are, their patrole pattern, finding the best spot to snipe from, and the best spot to kill each enemy without the others noticing. And then I open up on them, usually with a supressed weapon, but it does not have to be (the AMR in Far Cry 3, for example, is to good to not take with you). So due to that I rarely have any problems of having opponents manage to either notice me, or get to me befor I take them out, especially if I find that using a sniper rifle is the best option at a particular location/encounter. Enemy snipers are always my first target as well, especially if I am at long range. The majority of my kills though tend to be with an Assault Rifles with a suppresser and a scope (again, using a singleshot sniping tactics, rather then going automatic), since sniper rifles are not always optimal to use all the time. And I do a fair bit of sneaking around close to or inside camps, or what ever location it might be (since often that is the easier way to take out enemies in locations where others can not see), as well. I just really like being able to take those really long shots with sniper rifles, so sometimes I will go out of my way to do them.

As for Lasers. Lasers kan be cool and all... same with plasma and other hightech weaponry... but I still tend to really prefer bullet based weapons... when it comes to handheld stuff atleast.

Could someone muster a .50 assault rifle that isnt low-velocity by 2077?

Also, some more suggestions.

Graffiti spray cans, AKA emergency pepper spray.

Melee weapons crudely improvised from whatever was lying around.

Last edited:
Could someone muster a .50 assault rifle that isnt low-velocity by 2077?

Also, some more suggestions.

Graffiti spray cans, AKA emergency pepper spray.

Melee weapons crudely improvised from whatever was lying around.
It'd be awesome to have a couple of spots to do some graffiti (similar to Mark Ecko's Getting Up game where you played as a Urban Ninja named Trane). Though I must admit that if the Devs did think of adding it to the game then I think it should come as a DLC (along with a select few Roles being able to use spray cans, wouldn't look right if a Cop or a Corporate did graffiti after all).

Last edited:
It'd be awesome to have a couple of spots to do some graffiti (similar to Mark Ecko's Getting Up game where you played as a Urban Ninja named Trane). Though I must admit that if the Devs did think of added it to the game then I think it should come as a DLC (along with a select few Roles being able to use spray cans, wouldn't look right if a Cop or a Corporate did graffiti after all).

No problem. CDPR have an "All our DLC is free DLC" policy unless its full-on expansions.

Last edited:
It'd be awesome to have a couple of spots to do some graffiti (similar to Mark Ecko's Getting Up game where you played as a Urban Ninja named Trane). Though I must admit that if the Devs did think of added it to the game then I think it should come as a DLC (along with a select few Roles being able to use spray cans, wouldn't look right if a Cop or a Corporate did graffiti after all).

No way. Spray can by everyone and everything everywhere.

How else would you roleplay a vigilante cop hell bent on revenge against crime?

No way. Spray can by everyone and everything everywhere.

How else would you roleplay a vigilante cop hell bent on revenge against crime?

So, your idea of a Vigilante-Cop is one who's so Hell bent on vengeance that he gets spray cans and does graffiti all over NC (if I were a Cop turned Vigilante I wouldn't do graffiti, but go after the criminals/enemies like Judge Dredd or the Punisher)? I hope your trolling me, pag... Also, a Corporate wearing beautiful suit or dress doing graffiti would make little to no sense cause they have no clear reason for even doing it. Why would they try to make their mark on the streets of NC, when they can just do it in the corporate world? Please, just think about this for a second.

Last edited:
If I were a vigilante cop hell bent on revenge... I would kill my opponents, then I would spray paint them in the face.

Not on the walls --- on the face.

If I played multiplayer, I would kill people then I would spray paint them in the face.

If I were a corporate, I would go to my opponents' tombs and then i would spray paint their tombstones.

There's really no reason why there should be a restriction on spray painting. You can also kill people by combining a spray can with a lighter.

Last edited:
If I were a vigilante cop hell bent on revenge... I would kill my opponents, then I would spray paint them in the face.

If I played multiplayer, I would kill people then I would spray paint them in the face.

If I were a corporate, I would go to my opponents' tombs and then i would spray paint their tombstones.

There's really no reason why there should be a restriction on spray painting. You can also kill people by combining a spray can with a lighter.

Yeah, its just cool.

I think Stephen Fry said it best.

"All they say "Its not necessary". As if that should stop one doing it! It is not necessary to have colored socks! Its not necessary for this cushion to be here! But is anyone gonna write in and say "I was shocked to see that cushion there! It really wasnt necessary!" No. Things being unncessary is what keeps life interesting. The little extras in life."

Yeah, its just cool.

I think Stephen Fry said it best.

"All they say "Its not necessary". As if that should stop one doing it! It is not necessary to have colored socks! Its not necessary for this cushion to be here! But is anyone gonna write in and say "I was shocked to see that cushion there! It really wasnt necessary!" No. Things being unncessary is what keeps life interesting. The little extras in life."

Its thinking like that that has made people like Gordon Bennet here want a dubstep gun from SR4 on here, would you prefer that to be in the game as well, K?

Last edited:

I strongly disagree with most of what you've said, though I will say that I like your last idea about making a homemade flame thrower with a can of spray and a lighter (though I fear it wouldn't do much against a true Psycho).

Its thinking like that that has made people like Gordon Bennet here want a dubstep gun from SR4 on here, would you prefer that to be in the game as well, K?

No, I want imaginative improvised weapons I can use regardless of class, even if it ends in broken arms and people thinking me a loon. Stuff like bludgeoning someone to death with an ammo box or a helmet or jamming high heels into eye-balls. I want Combat Zoner, low-tech chaos. Extra emphasis on the Punk in Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom