What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+
No, I want imaginative improvised weapons I can use regardless of class, even if it ends in broken arms and people thinking me a loon. Stuff like bludgeoning someone to death with an ammo box or a helmet or jamming high heels into eye-balls. I want Combat Zoner, low-tech chaos. Extra emphasis on the Punk in Cyberpunk.
So, you basically want your character to be like that Agent from the Bourne Series? A lot of the things you described makes little to no sense in this game, why would your character even have to grab a ammo box for (besides for reloading a firearm)? Why would they use a helmet as a weapon, instead of a gun (or even another more conventional melee-weapon such as a knife)? Heck, why would they even use a high-heel as a weapon (where would they even get such a thing to begin with, do they just carry these around just for the occasion of hurting someone 24/7)?

:mean:

Last edited:
So, you basically want your character to be like that Agent from the Bourne Series? A lot of the things you described makes little to no sense in this game, why would your character even have to grab a ammo box for (besides for reloading a firearm)? Why would they use a helmet as a weapon, instead of a gun (or even another more conventional melee-weapon such as a knife)? Heck, why would they even use a high-heel as a weapon (where would they even get such a thing to begin with, do they just carry these around just for the occasion of hurting someone 24/7)? :mean:

Because Style Over Substance is a law I dig. I have no problem with more conventional solutions but sometimes an oddity can make things so much more fun, and helmets/ammo boxes are the closest oddities I could come up with on short notice without going into 100% crazy town.

And it wouldnt surprise me. I thought carrying around weapons or items simply for the sake of hurting people with them at some point is part of the cyberpunk way. That and its doubtful that a decrepit world as cyberpunk isnt going to have loons with eccentric ways of killing.

Or maybe its simply because my non-comformist nature is telling me to be ridicoulous in the face of seriousness, and vice versa.

Because Style Over Substance is a law I dig. I have no problem with more conventional solutions but sometimes an oddity can make things so much more fun, and helmets/ammo boxes are the closest oddities I could come up with on short notice without going into 100% crazy town.

And it wouldnt surprise me. I thought carrying around weapons or items simply for the sake of hurting people with them at some point is part of the cyberpunk way. That and its doubtful that a decrepit world as cyberpunk isnt going to have loons with eccentric ways of killing.

Or maybe its simply because my non-comformist nature is telling me to be ridicoulous in the face of seriousness, and vice versa.

....... I would go on, though I'm afraid I'd blow a gasket if I did. So, all I'll say is I agree to disagree. Farewell.

Your not cold, just.. I don't know what you are..

I simply feel that bourne-esque improv-fu would both look cool and be fun according to my subjective opinion. I wont mind if its not added

I find myself as the warm in this conversation, not having gripes with bizzare and/or insane concepts. I should mention I unironically enjoyed SR3 and 4 and I realise fully that 2077 wont be like that, I can easily suggest practical character concepts and designs, I was just not in the mood at the mo'.

I wouldn't go as far as a dubstep gun, but without some zanyness, the world of CP2077 would feel a bit infantile.

Like a Vanilla Ice video.

Zanyness is all part of corruption and decadence.

That's the part I didn't like about bloodlines: It just wasn't zany enough. It took itself way too seriously and it ended up as a teenage fantasy.

I do hope that improv weapons make it into the game. It's a lot easier to pass security with an improv weapon then it is with a pistol.
Let's see:
A high heel? A female can take it off and do a lot of damage. Where would she carry it? Logically, she would wear them,.

A helmet? A friendly biker sucker punching a cop during a routine stop.

And who says that you have to adhere to strict stereotypes?

I wouldn't go as far as a dubstep gun, but without some zanyness, the world of CP2077 would feel a bit infantile.

That's the part I didn't like about bloodlines: It just wasn't zany enough. It took itself way too seriously and it ended up as a teenage fantasy.

I do hope that improv weapons make it into the game. It's a lot easier to pass security with an improv weapon then it is with a pistol.
Let's see:
A high heel? A female can take it off and do a lot of damage. Where would she carry it? Logically, she would wear them,.

You justified this better than I did. I honestly give you mad props.

Let's see:

I don't care how much decadence and corruption there is in NC cause it still won't change some simple facts. Honestly, why would any female character want to take off their heel just to attack people with it (especially in a likely long animation, likely in some escalated situation, such as a shootout)?

And I never heard of any "friendly" biker who wanted to take their helmet off just to quickly attack a Officer with it (seriously.. enough said).

Strict stereotypes? What are you talking about? I was simply going by how Roles often act, that's why I put so much time into explaining why ALL roles having the ability to use that spray can really wouldn't make sense.

Honestly, I don't want to fight over something as dumb as this, so say your peace cause after this I'm getting back to reading and exercising..

Last edited:
I simply feel that bourne-esque improv-fu would both look cool and be fun according to my subjective opinion. I wont mind if its not added

I find myself as the warm in this conversation, not having gripes with bizzare and/or insane concepts. I should mention I unironically enjoyed SR3 and 4 and I realise fully that 2077 wont be like that, I can easily suggest practical character concepts and designs, I was just not in the mood at the mo'.

Self-explanatory, I don't even have to add anymore to this and neither do I wish to (you shown your true colors with that SR remark).

You've got your barfights; or atleast the holliwood versions there of where improvised weapons are grabbed and used. Either because it's too hectic and fast to grab the proper killin' tools? Or maybe out of a ad-hoc gentleman's agreement that maiming is fine but murder is no place for a bar?

Maybe it's some low-end corp woman her Johnny Cab breaks down, she has her LittleDeath Pistol in her purse, it's only a block to her home, oops out comes mister Rapist...oops there goes her purse, and now he's trying to get her shoes off...fumble fumble grab the shoe...stab in the eye..then whilst he's screaming about how he's going to have to go to the black market doc to get a new eye...she grabs the pistol and shots him in the head.

Or maybe you're a grungy grubby vigilante, stuck in an apartment and all you have is some ground pepper and an aerosol can and a lighter, and the SWAT is outside? You're screwed but you can make them pay for bringing you in, don't go down like a chump.

Or how about Dead Rising, or Manhunt for improvised-fu?

Maybe you're a street magician with some plastic playing card on hand?

Not every combat situation is well prepared and ordered like a military manouvre. Most of them on the street are going to be quick, dirty and often quite surprising.

You've got your barfights; or atleast the holliwood versions there of where improvised weapons are grabbed and used. Either because it's too hectic and fast to grab the proper killin' tools? Or maybe out of a ad-hoc gentleman's agreement that maiming is fine but murder is no place for a bar?

Maybe it's some low-end corp woman her Johnny Cab breaks down, she has her LittleDeath Pistol in her purse, it's only a block to her home, oops out comes mister Rapist...oops there goes her purse, and now he's trying to get her shoes off...fumble fumble grab the shoe...stab in the eye..then whilst he's screaming about how he's going to have to go to the black market doc to get a new eye...she grabs the pistol and shots him in the head.

Or maybe you're a grungy grubby vigilante, stuck in an apartment and all you have is some ground pepper and an aerosol can and a lighter, and the SWAT is outside? You're screwed but you can make them pay for bringing you in, don't go down like a chump.

Or how about Dead Rising, or Manhunt for improvised-fu?

Maybe you're a street magician with some plastic playing card on hand?

Not every combat situation is well prepared and ordered like a military manouvre. Most of them on the street are going to be quick, dirty and often quite surprising.

*Kisses head* YES! Finally someone who makes sense, when it comes to improvised weaponry! You made a believer out of me, my man (I changed my mind, that could actually work, if done properly of course).

Last edited:
http://englishrussia.com/2014/09/10/most-powerful-revolver-pistol/

"They call this the most powerful serially-made revolver pistol from Russia. There are not too many photos available in the Internet, as it has been publicly displayed only once and the photos come from there, however what is known is that it is already being delivered to special forces. What sort of tasks does it serve? I am not sure but people suggest it is being used to destroy the locks on locked doors and things like that. Also, what is interesting in particular is that the bullets used in this pistol are the same ones that go in Russian sniper’s rifles. A few more photos and facts are inside."

"Its called “RSH-12″ and what is said on this tag is:
Caliber 12 mm
Load: 5 bullets
Wight: 2,2 kg
Dimensions without a butt and silencer (so it can be equipped with those two things as well): 357x53x159
So it’s 35.7 cm long, or a little bit longer than one foot.
Pretty much a lot of a gun."

Last edited:
Personally I'm always amused by those ultra-caliber handguns.
While I totally agree the .38/9mm and smaller weapons are sub-par (except as a concealed backup weapon), I also find the .44 Mag+ weapons to unwieldy and high recoil for practical use. I'll stick to .40cal/10mm, .45cal, and mostly my .357 Mag (I can fire .38s for target practice, MUCH cheaper).

Personally I'm always amused by those ultra-caliber handguns..

I don't think any serious combat shooters use these, not one. Weight, recoil, muzzle flash, simple space...yeah. The reason you carry a pistol is convenience - otherwise, get an actual weapon.

Edit: apologies, of course, to Elmer Keith. There are exceptions. Otherwise, .357 is as high as most people ever need to go. Unless you're hunting Garou.

Last edited:
I don't think any serious combat shooters use these, not one. Weight, recoil, muzzle flash, simple space...yeah. The reason you carry a pistol is convenience - otherwise, get an actual weapon.

Edit: apologies, of course, to Elmer Keith. There are exceptions. Otherwise, .357 is as high as most people ever need to go. Unless you're hunting Garou.

I doubt we'd have to shoot at any werewolves in CP77, though I get the jist of what your saying.

Well if I was insane enough to go bear hunting with a handgun I suppose one of those ultra-caliber weapons might be handy.
But last time I chased bears (Kodiak's in Alaska) I used a replica 45-70 rolling breech-block and did it from 600m with a valley between us ... MUCH safer then maybe 50m with a handgun!

I want an ultra-high caliber pistol because it's cool.

It just fits the theme very nicely.
"Do you feel lucky punk,well do ya?"

Same reason I want a swiss knife.
to troll people.

I also want a tactical shield.

Everyone hated the shield in counter-strike.

Last edited:
I want an ultra cal handgun in the event of having to fight off a borg or someone in heavy armor.

Last edited:
I want an ultra cal handgun in the event of having to fight off a borg or someone in heavy armor.

Won't help much. Use an actual gun.

Even the nastiest handcannon with ETE does, what 6D6 damage? About the same as a 7.62 assault rifle. Which is a lot! But the AR does it stock -and- can burst fire. If you are fighting heavily armoured enemies, consider mono weapons, tasers, pulse weapons, paint, and of course, heavy weapons. 20mm +

Top Bottom