What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+

Saiga-12 Kushnapup shotgun

Won't help much. Use an actual gun.

Even the nastiest handcannon with ETE does, what 6D6 damage? About the same as a 7.62 assault rifle. Which is a lot! But the AR does it stock -and- can burst fire. If you are fighting heavily armoured enemies, consider mono weapons, tasers, pulse weapons, paint, and of course, heavy weapons. 20mm +

You can conceal the handcannon. Plus the handcannon allows clever one-liner.

We-elll..sure you can conceal the cannon. Sort-of. Concealment ratings affect the TN for Cops and Solos, etc to pas their A/Notice check.

Guess how good that Cop or Solo's A/N is? Yeah. Frankly, unless it's built-in or a small weapon, expect to get spotted.

My chars usually carried the ubiquitous dufflebag..or jacked up reflexes, BigRipp and a whole lotta go fast.

The CP2020 games I've been in (other then one), or ran probably didn't have near as much combat as many (once every 2-3 sessions). Other then street muggers/punks or the occasional gang/psycho/we're-caught-in-the-middle-of-WHAT we usually knew when we were going into a situation requiring heavy firepower (i.e. anytime we left the urban/suburban zones) so handguns/SMGs usually sufficed.
I also went the "speed is KING" route with my characters (except one dinosaur of a detective who flat out refused ANY augmentation).

And always, always keep the Suhiira mantra in mind: "She who knows to run away lives to flee another day."

Another pretty good way to hide a somewhat larger weapon. Take a bat, get your self a bag of some kind, plastic will do just fine. Put something in the bag for weight, both to "simulare" that you have stuff in i... but also for a second reason. Place said baseballbat into the bag, wrap the "mouth" of the bag around the bat, put any remaining amount of bat up into your jackets arm, grab with your hand around the bat so that the bag is held up by your hand. And there you go, a seemingly innocent looking bag with groceries?

But if some fool bothers you just gently loosen your fist around the bag so that the bag drops to the ground, and the bat slides out of your jackets arm at the same time, and when it's gone far enough you tighten your fist and have a bat ready to swing.

Heck you do not really need to let go of the bag at first either if you want to do a surprice attack or something.

This might actually work with something like a shotgun to... especially if it does not have a pistol grip on it. But not as well as with a bat or other simmilar thing. You might need to modify the stock of the weapon as well to fit into your sleave.

Last edited:
One weapon that I had often used in the PnP and can be somewhat small is a small caliber pistol with some pistol grenades, HEP being the preferred. Those little suckers really hurt, even with a target in heavy armor.

One weapon that I had often used in the PnP and can be somewhat small is a small caliber pistol with some pistol grenades, HEP being the preferred. Those little suckers really hurt, even with a target in heavy armor.

Ooooooo ... pistol grenades, I never thought of that ... THANKS!
I'll tell my next GM it was all your idea.

Never bought the Chrome books, our games weren't very combat centered so ...

FI. Fi, I say!

You missed out. The guns section is one of many. the sourcebooks were some of the first to have sections on fashion, lifestyle, cool daily tech.

Check them out.

Those books also gave us the ramshackle masterpiece that is the Punkanught.

Yes, indeed! So many kinds of hilarious. We had a PC build one, with lots of help. I think it lifted off, lost a turbofan and pinwheeled right through the cheering crowd. Very amusing.

I want out of the ordinary, yet believable weapons.. Even if we see the same weapons we have today, i want the weapons in the game (well at least some of them) to look like they were manufactured sometime in the future. When you think about it, it is natural that the weapons would get some design changes even if it is a minor tweak here and there, or just cosmetic changes. You know, like this one:

A Beretta with with a different slide and a few differences.

Or like this one:

A glock with a longer barrel and slide.

Yeah believable weapons is a high priority for me as well. I don't play most Asian games (and several non-Asian ones) because of little girls using 50# swords.

To quote Wisdom and Sard "all of them", and I want all the weapon customizable options available throughout the books as well. And the stupid range of 'specialty' ammo, just cause.

8]

Top Bottom