What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+
But it looks cool.. Darn it.. Also, it could be useful..
Speaking as someone who has some training with a bayonet (US Army Basic Training), The advantage of attaching a bayonet to a firearm is added reach the firearm affords in close-quarters combat. That's why you attach a bayonet to a rifle. A pistol doe snot provide any added reach to the blade. Attaching a bayonet to a rifle essentially creates a spear. Trying to attach one to a pistol simply makes a very awkward knife. There is no practical benefit.

Speaking as someone who has some training with a bayonet (US Army Basic Training), The advantage of attaching a bayonet to a firearm is added reach the firearm affords in close-quarters combat. That's why you attach a bayonet to a rifle. A pistol doe snot provide any added reach to the blade. Attaching a bayonet to a rifle essentially creates a spear. Trying to attach one to a pistol simply makes a very awkward knife. There is no practical benefit.

Yep.

There is no practical benefit

I believe there is. Of course we talk about quite drastic situation (no knife, ammo etc.). Close quarters hand to hand fight. It's always nice to have hard handy object in your hand to bash your enemy with. Even better if this object has a pointy edge.

I believe there is. Of course we talk about quite drastic situation (no knife, ammo etc.). Close quarters hand to hand fight. It's always nice to have hard handy object in your hand to bash your enemy with. Even better if this object has a pointy edge.
Nope. Once again, too unwieldy. Besides, if you have drawn a gun anyway, you might as well pull the trigger. IF you're out of ammo, just bash him over the head.

How so? You still can bash, but in addition to it you can stab other person, and pistol grip makes stabbing quite proficient.
Simple. The shape of the weapon and the alignment of the grip is not ideal for stabbing nor slashing. Thus it is too unwieldy. Also, adding a blade to the muzzle of a pistol, especially a semiautomatic one, would interfere with the mechanics of the weapon.

The shape of the weapon and the alignment of the grip is not ideal for stabbing nor slashing

Of course it's not ideal. As pistol is made to shoot, not stab (or slash). But we are talking about very last resort fight, where any advantage makes a difference, (and pointy edge is such added advantage).

If you're talking "last resort" a bent paper clip is certainly a weapon, that hardly makes it an efficient/effective one.

If you're talking "last resort" a bent paper clip is certainly a weapon, that hardly makes it an efficient/effective one.

Exactly. Also rock, a glass and if you happen to be Jackie Chan, a ladder. I welcome anything, that gives me any advantage in life or death situation.

Talking about this, I'd love to be able to roll a table over to use it as cover, grab a bottle and break it to use it to stab people, etc...
Well, being able to "street fight", using the environement as a weapon (why not crush someone skull or break his arm using a door?)
And yes, if my gun is empty, it's still harder than my fists, so being able to beat people or stun them with it should be possible.

That would be pretty awesome.

I also want to throw stuff at people. Cue balls, beer bottles, wine bottles, chairs, etc.
A cue ball in a makeshift (whats the name of the weapon David killed goliath with again?) made of cloth is deadly.

Imagine walking into another player's home. And then you use their own vanity... or their love of darts or billards against them.

Yep, an advanced "beat em all" system would be welcome in Cyberpunk 2077, seeing how bar-fights and agression are common, there will be a lot more close combat than in The Witcher, so something more "developped" about hand-to-hand would be welcome, mostly that most of the time you won't be able to rely upon your gun (like in a club or something), it's noisy, and once you shoot a few bullets, you can be sure that everyone will get their gun out, same when you'll get in Corporates buldings with high security, you'll have to fight your way untill you get your hand on a gun, your gun can jam and you'll not have time to fix it, you can run out of ammo, etc...

I figure too that sometime you'll be looted, stunned, etc... and will wake up in a trashcan without any gun on you.

It's better to know how to fight and never have to use it, than don't know jack about and get screwed because of it.

Of course it's not ideal. As pistol is made to shoot, not stab (or slash). But we are talking about very last resort fight, where any advantage makes a difference, (and pointy edge is such added advantage).
You don't specifically build weapons that aren't optimized for that purpose just for a potential "last resort". It doesn't work that way. No manufacturer is going to go out of their way to design and construct a "Special "pistol with a built in bayonet just because someone "might" run out of ammo and need to stab their opponent. Common sense says if you think you might need a blade, bring one; if you think you might run out of ammo, bring extra, bring a back-up gun too while you're at it. There is no practical reason so specially build a pistol with a blade stuck onto the end of it.

A typical table would be useless as "cover", it certainly won't stop a bullet (any more then a car door will, in spite of what you see in the movies). It would however be useful as "concealment".

Don't recall what game I was playing recently but a "Bar Knife" (i.e. broken bottle) was a weapon in it.

---------- Updated at 01:42 AM ----------

There is no practical reason so specially build a pistol with a blade stuck onto the end of it.

There's no practical reason for a lot of the weapons sold. But people buy them, so why not make them. They don't need to be useful.

I still want the option of being able to use sniper rifle types of weapons... even if they might not be the most optimal weapon to use in a city setting.

But maybe add something like the ability to get a hold of equipment/augmentations/ets that enable you to technicly see through things like walls (be it heatvision or some other kind of thing), and the ability to get a hold of armorpiercing ammunition (that can shoot through certain walls), then suddenly it becomes a bit more useful in a city.

Of course all these things, the weapon, ammunition, and equipment should be somewhat expensive. And the weapon it's self should be difficult to hide (unless it is a breakapart one that is put into some kind of case or bag), and/or at the very least take up a lot of space in your inventory (even when in the case/bag).

The calibre would also matter I feel... the larger ones capable of shooting through walls should take up a lot of space... but a regular 5.56 or maybe even up to 7.62 caliber sniper rifles would not be able to shoot through walls at all, but at the same time take up less space.

The large calibre ones should take up so much space that if you took it with you on a mission, and it turns out there is no use for it on it... at all... your ability to finish/succeed with the mission is seriously hamprered. Where as if you took with you the smaller calibre sniper rifles you might only be moderatly effected, since you had more space for other weapons and equipment.

I would probably still use Assault Rifles most of the time. But even with them I have a tendency to snipe... heck I even snipe with pistols and revolvers in FPS games. XD

Last edited:
A typical table would be useless as "cover", it certainly won't stop a bullet (any more then a car door will, in spite of what you see in the movies). It would however be useful as "concealment".

If the table is not "hard" enought, you still can kick it to make it slide to your enemies, a good way to slow them, creating obstacles in the room, etc...
Being able to use the objects surrounding you could give interesting oportunities, like hide behind the table, and throw them chairs, waiting in a room that "guy N°X" comes close then kick the door in his face, etc... to force them to take cover or something, it's also some kind of tactic in itself, a messy tactic but it could work in interesting way and looks cool too haha.

I still want the option of being able to use sniper rifle types of weapons... even if they might not be the most optimal weapon to use in a city setting.

There will probably have some, if there are in 2020, I don't see any reason they don't put any sniper in 2077.

Last edited:
I would like to be able to drink a cup of hot coffee and throw it in someone's face.

Or just eat a plate of spaghetti and throw said plate in someone's face.

I haven't seen it in a video game but it would be mighty cool.

---------- Updated at 03:10 PM ----------

I would like to be able to drink a cup of hot coffee and throw it in someone's face.

Or just eat a plate of spaghetti and throw said plate in someone's face.

I haven't seen it in a video game but it would be mighty cool.

I don't know if someone already mentioned something like this ,but, I would love to see a Weapon inside your Hand. Not like in the trailer, where the Woman has Knifes in her Arms, but more like it's inside in your Palm or even on the back of your Hand. Imagine a gun inside your Palm, if your actual Gun runs out of Ammo, you can always use the Weapon imprinted into your Hand. It's probably been mentioned, if it has I apologise, it's not a very creative Idea but none the less it's an Idea.

P.S. I'm sorry if there are any typo or Grammar mistakes.

The game is RPG correct? Or an online experience?

Rpg = companions, so hopefully this game gives us freedom and not restrictive in that section, be able to select our companions depends their looks, their skills, their behavior into the world, etc...

From the video I conclude, that we may have, melee, distant melee and tanks and maybe some healing druids / engineers, who knows... So I expect shields (energy shields or material form shields like police have) different types of daggers and upgrade chips, repair druids.

and futuristic armor mounts, to move me and my team (companions). Mounts you can built, depends the professions you and your team got.

Top Bottom