What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+
Yup but I just put those to compare short steeled blades against monoblades (which goes through hard armor when steel doesn't)
Monoknives should be around 2D6 with hard armor penetration if I'm correct

Anyway, it's not a competition between steel or monoblades, both are present.
Monoblades are pretty rare and really expensives, you won't find them at your local store, and about steel blades they're pretty comon since it's the easier way to produce blades.

Now, blade, monoknives or a bloody-chainsaw-katana
I don't really mind, all of them should be present if you ask me, I'm not too much a knive guy myself unless I have to, but even there I just take what's here, my only concern most of the time is "is it enought to kill this?", if yes, then it's all good.

But blades aren't much usefull anyway, unless you want to guts some casual street punks or homeless, most people with a few bucks in their pockets have under-skin armor plates, etc... it's not really expensive and avoid yourself being stabbed in vital body-parts (head/chest) and bleeded out like a retard.

So a monokatana, a dagger or a machete, different style, but it's somewhat the same if you ask me, it won't help you against a bullet.

In 2020, most people are closer to this:
than this:
So I figure they'll take whatever they find on their way to protect themselves, mostly in a dangerous world as this one.
Monoblade or Steel blade, both are present and have their pro' and con'.

Monoblades are IMO better against any hard armor since you still can do some decent damages with a short blade, when it comes to steel, you have to use a long blade (katana/sword) in order to cut throught it, and I doubt they'll let you come around with a katana or something, monoblades can break on pary or fail, but steel breaks too, so in the end they're just a bunch of knives if you ask me, it's helpfull but not vital in a world where there are guns everywhere for almost the same price as a blade.
Well, the katana and wakizashi will go through hard armor. They both treat Hard armor as 1/2 SP, particularly when thrusting. They're also essentially unbreakable, even when parrying with them. You really have to work at breaking them to do any serious damage to them. Traditional Nihonto (Japanese swords) are designed with parrying in mind (using the back of the blade), so they will not break on a parry, Period.

Add hard chest plates and boosted reflexes, you'll maybe stab me in the chest but I'll still be able to empty my clip in your face without much damages (and not talking about countering your strike, using martial art and stabing yourself with your own knife, thanks to my kung-fu chipset).
Sure, with the right tool, and in an ambush, you'll get me, but if you miss, you're dead.

I rather shot one bullet and be sure I won't have to call the trauma team afterward.
Cyberpunk is a cruel world :/

Tho knives are usefull, but I don't rely on them for my life in cyberpunk, any mistakes has really worst consequences than with a gun.

In the PnP session I'm currently running, first game out, one of my players was facing off with a Militech grunt armed with a submachine gun, point blank.

The player decided to face off against the grunt, empty hand. The grunt was opting to dump a three round burst into the player.

I ran it as an opposed roll, like hand-to-hand. My player lucked out, and got the better roll. Parried the SMG away, and beat the grunt to death, bare-handed (with only a bit of augmentation; Muscle and Bone Lace.)

No daggers in the Cyberpunk book. The core book - thus the singular reference. Beyond the core book, better than steel is available.

Orbital Crystal blades are 1/2 vs hard and soft armours, don't break on a parry or fumble. Saburo rewards his people with these.

Steel is obsolete. It is FOR THE PAST. No weapon is irreplaceable - it just hasn't been improved on yet.

Also, use a gun.

A big gun.

Full Conversion Borgs think your pretty swords and knives are amusing.
Steel will never be obsolete. A high quality spring steel won't break, nor will a properly differentially hardened Tamahagane steel (what katana and wakizashi are made of). the folded steel, and combination of a harder exterior and softer core combined with differential hardening, makes for a nearly indestructible blade. Basically, there is no difference between the Arasaka Daisho and traditionally forged Tamahagane steel Nihonto Daisho in regards to stats. Ceramics (such as mono-crystal and "orbital crystal" are too rigid, and thus more prone to breakage. Not only that, but they're not recyclable the way steel is. Metals are easily recycled. Ceramics are not.

As for the "no daggers" in the core book. Not entirely true. As I said, the Knife covers daggers as well as hunting knives and bayonets.

On topic post for post V? awww yea.

I want to see a few civilian grade FBC's, with say, spots for tools in them. I also want to see the option to REMOVE said tools and pack a FBC-designed weapon inside the slot instead, enabling hidden weaponry to catch enemys off guard.

Big booms and rediculousness is all well and good, but for characters who want to operate more freely in corporate areas, you cant exactly go around with slug weapons everywhere.

I would have a
- SW 500 (Revolver)
- SW 410 (Revolver)
- Colt Python (Revolver)
- IWI TAVOR (Bullpup AR)
- FN FS2000 (Bullpup AR)
- AAC Honey Badger (AR)
- Colt M4 (AR)
- Barret Rec7 (AR)
- Barret M107 (SR)
- Accuracy International Arctic Warfare (SR)
- Cheytac M200 (SR)
- Cheytac 408 (SR)
- Steyr Aug (AR)
- HK 417 (AR)
- HK 416 (AR)
- G36 (AR)
- G36C (AR)
- G36K (AR)
- G3 (AR)
- Kriss Vector (SMG)
- HK UMP (SMG)
- Hk MP5 (SMG)
- HK MP7 (SMG)
- M1919 Browning (MG)
- MK48 (MG)
- MK42 (MG)
- M60E3 (MG)
- FN SCAR-L (AR)
- FN SCAR-H (AR)
- Bushmaster ACR-EC
- Bushmaster ACR-BC
- HK XM8 (AR)
- HS Produkt (Bullpup Rifle)
- Knight's PDW (AR)
- MAS FAMAS (Bullpup Rifle)
- Accuracy International L115 (Sniper Rifle)
- Accuracy International AW50 (Sniper Rifle)
- Einfield L86 (Bullpup Rifle)
- FN P90 (SMG)
- M2-2 (Flamethrower)
- MK46 (Grenade Launcher)
- FM-92 Stinger (Grenade Launcher)
- RPG-7 (Grenade Launcher)
- Super-Six MGL (Grenade Launcher)
- Browning Auto-5 (SG)
- Maverick 88 (SG)
- SPAS-12 (SG)
- SPAS-15 (SG)
- Kel-Tec KSG (SG)
- MPS AA-12 (SG)
- UTS-15 (SG)
- SRM 1216 (SG)
- SRM 1212 (SG)
- SRM 1208 (SG)
- Saiga-12 (SG)
- AF-1 (HG)
- AMT Hardballer (HG)
- Berreta M9 (HG)
- Colt Anaconda (Revolver)
- Glock 17 (HG)
- Glock 18 (HG)
- Glock 19 (HG)
- Magnum Research Desert Eagle (HG)
- AK-47 (AR)
- AKS-74U (AR)
- AKS (AR)
- RPK
- Browning M2 (MG)
- Dillon Aeros M134D (MG)
- M120 (Mortar)

Fist, god old man kind fashioned weapons. Maybe augmented fists, so i fist people really really hard... But anyways

It's pretty easy, Technological Weapons. I don't want old weapons, there's already tons of feel for them in other games (BF4, CoD, CS, ARMA and etc) I want as in the trailer, that gun that uses bullets but it feel a bit more futuristic as how guns feel in ARMA 3.

Of course i want a extensive system of augmentation as weapons. But mainly concealed weapons, and handhelds. I am a ninja

A gun that deconstructs any object in the environment and absorbs it and modify it into a weapon ammo type . ex absorb wood crate , shoot wooded bullets. absorb fire and have a flame thrower. it would be more awesome of the projectile had primary and secondary effects and different type of projectiles. ex fire+ice= burning ice (damage over time) or freezing fire that spreads (Area of effect). ammo type ex fusion hybrid( combine fire and ice), beam, explosive, standard, homing,special.
special ammo type ex. shoot wood bullets in ground and tree shoots up and impales enemy. maybe combine fusion hybrid +special and make 2 tree medium size creatures the attack enemy with one has fire attacks and explodes and the other has ice attacks and freezes other when he explode. i came up with idea because cyberpunk 2077 is the era of advancement. struggle of technology and being human. what if rebels / enemy uses earth attacks to fight technology.

Ummm ... Cyberpunk tends to use fairly real physics.
You're asking for something that can break something down on the molecular level, teleport the molecules to your weapon, create a propellant out of thin air, and somehow add "elemental"/target homing/explosive effects.

Conventional Weapons: Pysical Damage
All can be used as a weapon, objects have a degree of hardness that multiplicate withe acceleration gives the Impactdamage value.
(Example: Bottles/Stones can thrown/hit Impactdamage.
Arrows gives damage for the strain from bowstring/crossbowSlashdamage.)
-AK47 Puncturedamage
-Katana (Statusvalue from the sharpness) Slashdamage

Other Weapons: Elementaldamage
-Laserfilament-Whip/Automated defensiv systems
-Gas (Posion/caos Berserk rage/Daze)
-EMP-Mines/Grenades
-Kryo-Mines/Grenades
-tower container arrows with Acid

I'm not a weapon enthusiast, so I've a hard time articulating what it is I'd like to see. Perhaps standard issue with 30% out of 100 being dedicated to innovation.

some sort of rail gun and plasma weapons, regular balistic type guns. melee hand to hand type combat with cybernetic enhancements, swords viroblades

---------- Updated at 08:16 PM ----------

Conventional Weapons: Pysical Damage
All can be used as a weapon, objects have a degree of hardness that multiplicate withe acceleration gives the Impactdamage value.
(Example: Bottles/Stones can thrown/hit Impactdamage.
Arrows gives damage for the strain from bowstring/crossbowSlashdamage.)
-AK47 Puncturedamage
-Katana (Statusvalue from the sharpness) Slashdamage

Other Weapons: Elementaldamage
-Laserfilament-Whip/Automated defensiv systems
-Gas (Posion/caos Berserk rage/Daze)
-EMP-Mines/Grenades
-Kryo-Mines/Grenades
-tower container arrows with Acid
this

Top Bottom