What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+
What weapons do you want to see in the game?

It's obvious the game is going to have a ton of weapons...

It's obvious to anyone who has ever been to my site, I like a ton of weapons choices in my cyberpunk game...

It's also obvious that when you take into account the number of guns presented in the Cyberpunk 2020 books, that weapon choices are an important thing...

I fricking LOVE that the Militech Crusher SSG is going to be in the game, even if slightly modified so no one accuses them of ripping off Appleseed's Poseidon Arms Gong...

I want to see a variety of handguns... a few semi-auto's at least, I definitely want an Armilite.44 and maybe something with appearance similiar to a walther P99 or a VP-70, a couple of different revolvers, especially a big honkin Dirty Harry style .44 Smith with a scope...

I definitely want a big Bullpup... I know the FN-Ral is just a L-85A1, but its one of my favorite weapons in the game...

Damn, I am overwhelmed just thinking about it....

Edit: Below is a link to an illustrated list of every single weapon that appears in the Published Cyberpunk 2020 books, the list was compiled by Andrew James of Node 16, and the illustrations were added by me.

http://datafortress2020.oliwy.net/ultrachrome/bh2.html

All of them.

You read me. ALL of THEM. From the Tomcat bow to the hilariously-named Militech Antimatter Rifle, ( because you can...?)

Also every piece of gear from the main book and all the Chrome books, Interface, you name it. EVERYthing. Even if it's just throwaway. Because it's all so damned cool.

All of them.

You read me. ALL of THEM. From the Tomcat bow to the hilariously-named Militech Antimatter Rifle, ( because you can...?)

Also every piece of gear from the main book and all the Chrome books, Interface, you name it. EVERYthing. Even if it's just throwaway. Because it's all so damned cool.

So... in other words, you want this:

(I really should have put that link in the first post... its an illustrated list of every weapon that appears in all of the Cyberpunk 2020 printed materials, taken from Andrew James Node 16 Reference books...)

All of them.

On that note: a combat mechanic I'd like to see would be bonuses / crits if you manage to get the drop on someone quietly. Say I want to play a ninja-flavored Solo, that has a preference for bows and katanas.

I'd like to see a mechanic for ammo types (edged weapons / AP rounds defeating soft armor heavier, hollowpoints / explosive rounds doing more damage to soft targets, etc.) Basically, I'd like to see the armor rules from the PnP game implemented into this.

I'd also like to see the armor layering rules (from the later editions of CP 2020.) If I have nano-enhanced skinweave or subdermal armor, if I wear an armorjacket over that, the bonuses should stack.

Hmm. Sounds a little too Fifth Element for my tastes.

I'm not opposed to some sort of painting laser that calls in something nasty, but I'm not entirely keen on the idea of a pistol / rifle round that auto-tracks.

I really want a Rifle Railgun or Gauss Rifle. A true one, not "Derp Lazorz" but like a regular assault rifle using magnetics to propel solid rounds.

I really want a Rifle Railgun or Gauss Rifle. A true one, not "Derp Lazorz" but like a regular assault rifle using magnetics to propel solid rounds.
If they stick with canon, there should be a man-portable rail gun available. Mounts on a gimbal arm, similar to the MG that Drake and Vasquez use in Aliens.

Slow rate of fire, but insta-hamburger on soft targets, since it's meant to take out armored troops / cyborgs / vehicles / etc.

So... in other words, you want this:

(I really should have put that link in the first post... its an illustrated list of every weapon that appears in all of the Cyberpunk 2020 printed materials, taken from Andrew James Node 16 Reference books...)

Wisdom, I've had this great piece of amalgamation on my HDD forever, as well as your other ones. Sometimes I'll just wander up and down it, smiling fondly.

I haven't linked it in the Pondsmith forum or here since I didn't want to deep-link your stuff.

But, yeah, we should send people to it when they ask questions like the ones above, about the Rhinemetall EMG-85 Railgun. And how could you ever forget such a great name?

As far as cyberware, bioware, pharmaceuticals, guns, vehicles and other gear goes, obviously we should have access to as much from the 2020 world as possible. However, since it'll be 50 years later, I'm guessing we'll see some kind of "modernized" derivatives of some of those things.

I would personally like to see my Mark II make an appearance.

1. DmC: Devil May Cry shows how guns and melee can work together.

2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance shows how melee weapon augmentation suppresses range weapon.

I'm looking more for half assed weapons like home made shit. Molotovs, pipe bombs, home made ak, chains, spiked baseball bats, etc.

Top Bottom