What will be the long term motivating goals to play Gwent?

+
What will be the long term motivating goals to play Gwent?

While i love the game so far, one thing that worries me is that i don't know what will keep me motivated after the first season and after collecting all the cards that i want. I used to play Trackmania for a long time and playing for leaderboard position got old really fast. I don't know any long term TM player who cared about the global leader board. It was just too anonymous and with there being hundreds or thousands of top players it didn't say all that much. Instead many people played for record lap times. Now i don't know what could be the Gwent equivalent but maybe you guys have some ideas or maybe the devs mentioned something that i've missed.

What will be the long term motivating goals to play any collectible card game? I suppose there is only one answer, keep collecting cards while the devs keep releasing new expansions and, in between, experience the new meta.

Ideally they have a legend system like hearthstone where only 100-200 top players can be placed.

I have collected almost all Neutral/ST/MS cards, so now I have fun experimenting all kinds of combo and synergies and sometimes get surprised at the wide array of options there are if you only avoid META.

What I find particularly enjoying is to find some way to make low-tier leaders like Ge'els and Francesca actually playable.

I stopped playing ranked few days after the positioning patch, since I found no way to get past 3200 MMR without using Foltest, Henselt or Harald.
(I could make full use of ST ambush, but I don't see the point of investing hours just to see a number 15 near my name)

Some days are fun and others you just bomb. It's fun building decks to counter the popular meta decks but after a while it gets repetitive. I've reduced from playing the first two dailies to just the first one (win 6 matches). Its a fun transition after a shooter game. Other than that, I myself am getting pretty bored too. Probably better to slow it down and not burn out.

HenryGrosmont;n8372980 said:
Blatant lies won't fool anyone here...
Ach, now, would you call a man's life's ambition a lie? Can't you see how idomyownstunts yearns for the the day, when the conditions and variables shall coincide, permitting him -- at long last -- without reservation, nor impediment of conscience, to, unashamedly and unrestrainedly, finally fulfil his goal, and GG his opponents? That day simply has yet to arrive. Poor lad.

Riven-Twain;n8373080 said:
Ach, now, would you call a man's life's ambition a lie? Can't you see how idomyownstunts yearns for the the day, when the conditions and variables shall coincide, permitting him -- at long last -- without reservation, nor impediment of conscience, to, unashamedly and unrestrainedly, finally fulfil his goal, and GG his opponents? That day simply has yet to arrive. Poor lad.
Ok, I do feel bad for him. Can I GG him next time? You know, when all those conditions are met.

Mercam;n8372170 said:
Ideally they have a legend system like hearthstone where only 100-200 top players can be placed.

I'm sure that's nice for top players and keeps them motivated. What i would like to see perhaps is more granularity in the leaderboard in general. Categories to filter results by factions/leaders played, lists by countries or even state. Things like that. Something which players who arn't cream of the crop can pick for a more humble goal.

Top Bottom