What will the delay of TW3 mean for ps4?

+
What will the delay of TW3 mean for ps4?

Hey guys , i just wanted to know if the fps on the ps4 will go to 60 , cause of the delay?
And the resolutiin will stay 1080p?
Thanks for helping me !!

We don't know anything about resolutions and frames per second on consoles. What you heard were rumors.

And you know, consoles are hardware limited, so don't expect much improvement, just because they have more time to work on it.
I can't imagine it will be more than 1080p/30fps for PS4 though - probably even 900p/30fps.

Okay thanks. At firat i wanted to upgrade my graphic card to gtx780 , but then i realised why should a buy a card fir 450 € , when i could easily play it on 1080 on my ps4. Was that a good choice?

Hey guys , i just wanted to know if the fps on the ps4 will go to 60 , cause of the delay?
Thanks for helping me !!
I would put my money on both running at 720p or PS4 900p since they are undating the render as we speak. and graphics will look only better then originally planned. I say game will run on both consoles at 30 fps.

Okay thanks. At firat i wanted to upgrade my graphic card to gtx780 , but then i realised why should a buy a card fir 450 € , when i could easily play it on 1080 on my ps4. Was that a good choice?

Yeah you might be able to play it at 1080p at medium graphical quality or low, and 30 fps probably.

I'm not suggesting you to do anything though, if you think its worth the money, get the GPU, otherwise, im confident the PS4 version will be very enjoyable

I think you'd be better off going for the GPU, most probably the game will look considerably better on GTX 780 than on PS4 (in terms of raw performance GTX 780 is more than twice as capable than PS4: 4tflops vs 1.8tflops). If you can wait, an even better choice would be to wait for something like GTX 880, aka Maxwell cards (which will presumably appear this fall). This of course holds if you don't really want to play PS4's exclusives.

Thanks for helping me !!

witcher 3 will be worth playing on a PC over a console. You may want to think about buying/building or upgrading your pc this year.

Well, resolution isn't the only thing you should bear in mind. Like people said here, consoles will most likely play on 30 fps. Even if PS4 would be 1080p, it might not look as good as the highest settings on PC.

GTX 780 is a very high end card, it will probably be enough to play Witcher 3 on ultra, 1440p, 60+fps.
What are your other PC components? Maybe something like GTX 770 would be enough for you - its still a very powerful card.

Also remember, TW3 will be out beginning of next year and the price for the graphics card will surely have dropped by then, if you are patient and wait.

Also remember, TW3 will be out beginning of next year and the price for the graphics card will surely have dropped by then, if you are patient and wait.

Seeing how well gtx 750ti mines cryptocurrency and people buying 6-8 of them just for 1 motherboard you can expect a severe price increase as well.

Last edited:
Seeing how well gtx 750ti mines cryptocurrency and people buying 6-8 of them just for 1 motherboard you can expect a severe price increase as well.

They're already scarce and selling for well above retail. So long as coin mining continues to carry the illusion of profit, any GPU with high gigaflops-per-watt will be bid up this way.

Top Bottom