What will the system requirements be? Lets discuss!

+
I just hope to be able to run it at 4k, 30+ -60 fps with my rtx 2070. I know this will be imposible at ultra setings but maybe high / mid settings?

From what I can tell, we live in exciting times right now.

AMD is about to release its new Zen2/Ryzen 3000 CPUs in just a few weeks. It will still fit on the existing AM4 socket and it looks like they’re going to take the gaming lead away from Intel doing that, especially in the affordable mid-range market. Intel still needs to sort out it’s own 10nm ice lake chips, which could take a while and requires a whole new socket.

And seeing as both the future PS5 and new XBox are going to be using the Zen2 architecture... and seeing as how Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be cross-generational and will therefore also be dealing with Zen2...

Myself, I’m currently running an AMD-FX-8350 CPU with a GTX 970 GPU. After 6 years of loyal service, it’s dying.

Next to that however, I have an unplugged, brand new case with a AM4 socket motherboard, shiny new DDR4 RAM and the first time I’ll be using an SSD. The only things missing are the CPU and GPU.

As of now, I’m chomping at the bit for AMD to reveal its new 3000 chips, the exact PS5 specs to land, and/or fOr CD project to tell me what the recommended requirements are and what I should buy - and all that before my older rig passes away.

If successful, I’ll be playing both Cyberpunk at ultra, and stay ahead of the new console generation for the next half a decade.

So... *cough* *pokes CDProject* any time you’re ready now. I’m waiting on YOU. ;) Knowing the system requirements is my dying grandfather PC’s last wish. You’d make it ever so happy.

Last edited:
I just hope to be able to run it at 4k, 30+ -60 fps with my rtx 2070. I know this will be imposible at ultra setings but maybe high / mid settings?

You'll be fine. This won't be another bout of shenanigans like the "You can't max Battlefield 3" debacle back before its release.

Very few game utilize 16 gb, but many more game are starting to push the limits of 8.

Count on 2020 titles to want more than 8 gb when you want to run them above medium settings. That includes Cyberpunk 2077.

Very few game utilize 16 gb, but many more game are starting to push the limits of 8.

Count on 2020 titles to want more than 8 gb when you want to run them above medium settings. That includes Cyberpunk 2077.
Are the specs even out yet? I doubt that Cyberpunk will use more than 8gb...it rather will require a fairly high end CPU and GPU setup.

Are the specs even out yet? I doubt that Cyberpunk will use more than 8gb...it rather will require a fairly high end CPU and GPU setup.

Nope, specs aren't out yet. The Demo Setup had a beefy 32 Gb of RAM I believe, but that's only because nothing is left to chance under a presentation and it's not so much a reflection of anything.

I was just speculating with the rest of you and I'd hesitate to feed CP77 just 8 gigs when it's out.

What games do you mean by "many more" ? I only know the self-appointed "Tripple A" industries cash-cow products that do.

Optimization is being neglected, and as an effect to that it requires higher performance than what it could utilize, making the game just bad.
A good example is Deus Ex Mankind Divided. This game looks almost the same, in content and graphics, as its forerunner Human Revolution. Yet it requires about 4-6GB VRAM / ~8GB RAM even in 1080p / ~45GB disk space, which is double as much higher than just the base game Witcher 3 requires, even though Witcher 3 is a much larger world with much more content being loaded and has a much better graphics engine.

Official system requirements will be shared early in 2020 [or end of this year (my guess) if they're faster]. That was also confirmed by CDPR.
In consideration of how much CP2077 is utilizing, and its new engine + ray tracing capability, I think it'll be fairly higher than what Witcher 3 required. My best bet is that you're good to go with 8GB RAM minimum, however in terms of CPU and GPU, it'll be more relevant to have a stronger GPU, while the CPU won't matter that much.

What games do you mean by "many more" ? I only know the self-appointed "Tripple A" industries cash-cow products that do.

Optimization is being neglected, and as an effect to that it requires higher performance than what it could utilize, making the game just bad.
A good example is Deus Ex Mankind Divided. This game looks almost the same, in content and graphics, as its forerunner Human Revolution. Yet it requires about 4-6GB VRAM / ~8GB RAM even in 1080p / ~45GB disk space, which is double as much higher than just the base game Witcher 3 requires, even though Witcher 3 is a much larger world with much more content being loaded and has a much better graphics engine.

Official system requirements will be shared early in 2020 [or end of this year (my guess) if they're faster]. That was also confirmed by CDPR.
In consideration of how much CP2077 is utilizing, and its new engine + ray tracing capability, I think it'll be fairly higher than what Witcher 3 required. My best bet is that you're good to go with 8GB RAM minimum, however in terms of CPU and GPU, it'll be more relevant to have a stronger GPU, while the CPU won't matter that much.
I upgrade to 2600, 580 anyways so that will be enough. Shame they still push nvidia again like with Witcher 3.

I upgrade to 2600, 580 anyways so that will be enough. Shame they still push nvidia again like with Witcher 3.
With this you'll probably be able to play only on low-end settings. Witcher 3 already requires GTX 660 for minimum specs, and we can expect CP2077 will be higher than that.

Keep in mind:

E3 2018 - 1080ti (best at time). Was 1080p, locked @ 30fps.
E3 2019 - Titan RTX. 1080p. Was dropping frames but some raytracing effects (not global) were used.

While it'll still run on much lower powered systems, and further optimizations may occur, i think this will eat GPU's when cranked high. Even with raytracing off.

Most proponents of hi-end PC configurations forget that this game should run on PS4 and Xbox One. I highly doubt it’ll be hailed as the next Crysis. The next Crysis will never happen again because it’s financial suicide.

Developers these days want to maximize their profits by releasing cross-platform games, not advance technical progress via visual fidelity in video games.

Keep in mind:

E3 2019 - Titan RTX. 1080p. Was dropping frames but some raytracing effects (not global) were used.

While it'll still run on much lower powered systems, and further optimizations may occur, i think this will eat GPU's when cranked high. Even with raytracing off.

unlikely. the most popular cards on Steam are the 1060 and 1050ti (25% of the users) the most popular RTX card is the 2070 at 1%. optimising for a RTX titan would be killing the game in it's cradle. More likely they where using that since it got around potential performance problems with unoptomised graphics. (soruce: https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/)

Keep in mind:

Well, this doesn't matter really. Not to mention that there are good reasons to use frame caps, you have also to keep in mind that there is basically very little down to (eventually) no optimization done yet, because the game is still in development and things changing day by day. Trust me, this has a huge impact if not properly optimized, thus during demos companies always tend using high-end gear.
Recommended with Ray-Tracing features will be some of the RTX series GPUs, no doubt on that, but surely not the Titan RTX (this would be madness) :D
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Most proponents of hi-end PC configurations forget that this game should run on PS4 and Xbox One. I highly doubt it’ll be hailed as the next Crysis. The next Crysis will never happen again because it’s financial suicide.

Developers these days want to maximize their profits by releasing cross-platform games, not advance technical progress via visual fidelity in video games.

You need a decent PC to compete with a console. The hardware is a very efficient tailored gaming machine and developers use a range of settings throughout the game to keep things flowing while looking good.

i.e. Have a radeon 580? it'll look better on an xbox x.

unlikely. the most popular cards on Steam are the 1060 and 1050ti (25% of the users) the most popular RTX card is the 2070 at 1%. optimising for a RTX titan would be killing the game in it's cradle. More likely they where using that since it got around potential performance problems with unoptomised graphics. (soruce: https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/)

It'll still be playable. 1050ti only does 40fps in witcher3 @ 1080p ultra. While a huge portion of Steams userbase, those users would be used to lowering settings (or using game's auto detection settings)

Well, this doesn't matter really. Not to mention that there are good reasons to use frame caps, you have also to keep in mind that there is basically very little down to (eventually) no optimization done yet, because the game is still in development and things changing day by day.

Its just that they chose to lock it at only 30fps on a 1080ti @ 1080p. I'm hoping for min 60 @ 1440p and i will not be surprised if it dips. (and thats 2560 x 1440, not ultrawide's 3440 x 1440)

Last edited:
With this you'll probably be able to play only on low-end settings. Witcher 3 already requires GTX 660 for minimum specs, and we can expect CP2077 will be higher than that.

That doesn't make me feel very good about having an RX 570...

I mean, I was able to play The Witcher 3 at high settings with 60 fps, so I think I should be fine with Cyberpunk...? I don't know. I just hope that I'll be able to play at high settings at 60 fps. A bit too much to ask for, I know.

Top Bottom