What will the system requirements be? Lets discuss!

+
Great find! Even so combined console sales outnumber PC sales almost 3 to 2.

I’m a PC player myself and I’ll have to upgrade next March but with Intel changing the CPU socket each time and AMD’s next year Ryzen 3 being the last CPU the AM4 socket will support it’s not a great situation to be in as far buying a PC that would last for 4-5 years due to future upgrades.

My plan A is to upgrade the GPU and possibly get a 27” 1440p 144hz G-Sync display. Plan B is to build an entirely new rig since there is no room for upgrading my current one but I doubt my budget will allow me.

I intend to get

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-9600K Processor (9M Cache, up to 4.60 GHz)
GPU: MSI GeForce® RTX 2060 Gaming Z 6GB
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK
RAM: 16GB DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z RGB
Chipset: Intel® Z390 Chipset
Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RGB
Hard Drive: 960GB SSD + 240GB HyperX RGB SSD
Power Source: Thermaltake Smart 600W RGB

Or

Core i5-9600 (9M Cache, Up to 4.60 GHz)
Intel® B360 Chipset
G.SKILL DDR4 16GB Trident Z RGB 2400MHz
MSI GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti / Gaming X / 6GB GDDR6
1TB HDD / 250GB SATA SSD
CORSAIR VS450 450W

Haven't decided, the price difference is a few hundred.

I intend to get

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-9600K Processor (9M Cache, up to 4.60 GHz)
GPU: MSI GeForce® RTX 2060 Gaming Z 6GB
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK
RAM: 16GB DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z RGB
Chipset: Intel® Z390 Chipset
Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RGB
Hard Drive: 960GB SSD + 240GB HyperX RGB SSD
Power Source: Thermaltake Smart 600W RGB

Or

Core i5-9600 (9M Cache, Up to 4.60 GHz)
Intel® B360 Chipset
G.SKILL DDR4 16GB Trident Z RGB 2400MHz
MSI GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti / Gaming X / 6GB GDDR6
1TB HDD / 250GB SATA SSD
CORSAIR VS450 450W

Haven't decided, the price difference is a few hundred.

I would go with the second build. And if your budget allows, and the price difference isn't an issue, you can put an i7 instead of the i5-9600. I would also recommend getting a higher wattage, even if you decided to stick with the i5, for the psu. Something like the Thermaltake in the first build. I know that 450watt is mostly recommend for the 1660 ti, but it is safer to have some breathing room in terms of the psu so that at least you will have a peace of mind for future upgrades.

If I were to upgrade my PC today, I would go with:

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700X cooled with a Corsair H60 2018
  • Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB × 2
  • Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 Super
  • ADATA XPG Spectrix S40G 512 GB along with whatever 4 TB HDD I find suitable
  • SeaSonic Focus Plus 850 Gold (I really want a modular one this time around)
  • Cougar MX330-G be quiet! Dark Base 700 [edited]

Mostly to future-proof it. I'm sure most of these specs will be a bit overkill for Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:
@MauricioMM Solid build man! Looking to get something along those lines as well (well CPU & GPU wise at least). I still think 32 gigs of RAM would be overkill especially by the time DDR5 comes out.

@Codecypher I’d get a Ryzen 5 3600 if I were you. It’s cheaper, has 3x cache, 2x threads (12 instead of 6), lower TDP and supports higher RAM frequences. Just a better all-around purchase, especially long-term. You’d be able to upgrade it without changing motherboard and RAM since the AM4 socket would be supported by AMD with the 4th gen Ryzen while Intel likes to change the socket once every 2 years.
Most recent games make use of those extra threads, in the future they’re sure to continue this trend.

i've gone full ham on this,
in prep for this game (and only this game) i have gone through an entire overhall of my rig, as follows.
i7-8700k @ 37% oc @ 5.0 (stable as F)
32gb 3000 Vengence pro RBG
GTX 2070 super Asus Strix rog
NVME WD black 500gb
game pre orderd and waiting

@MauricioMM Solid build man! Looking to get something along those lines as well (well CPU & GPU wise at least). I still think 32 gigs of RAM would be overkill especially by the time DDR5 comes out.

Thank you :ok: I’m still not sure about the case, though, I need to do more research there. I want one that’s easy to open and close, and not a hassle to clean as well.

I agree with what you said about the memory too, I’m still figuring out whether to go with 16 or 32GB. I’ll check benchmarks around the time I purchase those parts to see if things like 32GB of RAM and a 850W power supply are too much for what I’d want. I know a game like Cities: Skylines with tons of mods will surely use that much RAM but I’m not sure if I’d mod it that effing much :LOL:

I’m planning on purchasing all those parts right after the release of Cyberpunk 2077 (when there are reliable benchmarks of the game to use as reference). By then, I’ll surely update my list of parts to get.

If I were to upgrade my PC today, I would go with:

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700X cooled with a Corsair H60
  • Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB × 2
  • Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Super
  • ADATA XPG Spectrix S40G 512 GB next to whatever 4 TB HDD I find suitable
  • SeaSonic Focus Plus 850 Gold (I really want a modular one this time around)
  • Cougar MX330-G

Mostly to future-proof it. I'm sure most of these specs will be a bit overkill for Cyberpunk 2077.

• Go with just the one 16gb memory. It's more than enough, and you can easily add more post buy.
  • Invest the money you wanted to spend on one more 16gb DDR in upgrading that video card to a 2080 and the improvement is solid. Or use the money you save for a nice monitor.
  • The power supply is too big IMO but that depends on what peripherals you also want (and you don't really need gold, bronze would do the job as well and considerably cheaper, the tiers are more relevant for data-centers and such for power efficiency) You can do a power check here: https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator. Would also mean saveing some money for nice periferics or just general cohezion if money isn't an issue.

Last edited:
I’m planning on purchasing all those parts right after the release of Cyberpunk 2077 (when there are reliable benchmarks of the game to use as reference). By then, I’ll surely update my list of parts to get.

I would say that you could also buy your parts one at a time, especially if you find a good deal on a certain piece(s). You don't have to buy all the parts at once. You also don't have to wait after Cyberpunk's release to buy the components as there are, and will be in the future, reliable benchmarks that can give you a picture about how well the current gen hardware is managing demanding titles. Such as Metro: Exodus or the upcoming release of Control. One thing that may be beneficial in waiting until Cyberpunk's release is that you might find new and better hardware at that time.

And good luck mate with your future cyber-pc!:cool:

I would go with the second build. And if your budget allows, and the price difference isn't an issue, you can put an i7 instead of the i5-9600. I would also recommend getting a higher wattage, even if you decided to stick with the i5, for the psu. Something like the Thermaltake in the first build. I know that 450watt is mostly recommend for the 1660 ti, but it is safer to have some breathing room in terms of the psu so that at least you will have a peace of mind for future upgrades.

Appreciate the help, I still have 6 months to work until I can take it on allowance, I'm considering my budget to be around 1600 euro but I'm not super savy on building PC's
Those two were some of the 'Gaming PC's' that I can buy without much hassle of needing to build my own.
I was considering I9 as well for processor, however, a friend of mine told me it would be quite an overkill if I have no interest in doing multiple monitors or 4k video editing.

I'd presume though that those two PC's I mentioned above should be able to run Cyberpunk on high maybe ultra settings? I suppose it's also a wait time until the official specs are going to be released.
I know that I could play Witcher 3 with my 4 GB of ram, and in some maps even on high settings I had 30 fps which is more than what I was expecting.

@MauricioMM I’m in the same boat. Good airflow and thermals is what I’m looking for in a good case. Ideally for a case to also be silent but you can’t have it both ways, choosing one inevitably leads to sacrificing the other. So far my front runner was CoolerMaster H500 with a mesh front and 2 200mm fans, it’s rated very high by Gamers Nexus as far as thermals go. I’ve been on the fence between CoolerMaster H500 and NZXT H500 but the latter has a close front which leads to front fans choking and bad CPU thermals no matter how neat and minimalistic NZXT’s offering might look.
But lately I’ve been advised a Phanteks P400A which also has a mesh front. It’s a newer case and it’s not yet available. Waiting for reviews on that one. There also a slightly bigger and robust option in Phanteks P600S. Supposedly it lets you choose between silence and cooling as in you can take out the front panel easily revealing a mesh front underneath.

As far as PSU wattage through my scouring of r/buildapc subreddit I’ve learned that 650W is what you’d possibly need if you had a i9-9900K and RYX2080Ti (the beefiest CPU & GPU). So I’d say 750W is way more than enough and 850W is overkill. Trust me, my i7-4790, GTX970 and 16 Gigs of 1600 Mhz DDR3 have a 1000W PSU powering them.

I would say that you could also buy your parts one at a time, especially if you find a good deal on a certain piece(s).

One guy on Reddit actually made a good argument against this: if you buy parts one by one beforehand the warranty actually starts from the purchase date and when you’ve obtained all the parts and the time comes to actually build the thing it would suck to find out that one of your parts is faulty but you can’t return it because your warranty ran out. That’s why the more sensible method would be to save up and then buy all the parts at once - this way current hardware might actually decrease in price and you’d have full warranty on all of it.

I'd presume though that those two PC's I mentioned above should be able to run Cyberpunk on high maybe ultra settings? I suppose it's also a wait time until the official specs are going to be released.
I know that I could play Witcher 3 with my 4 GB of ram, and in some maps even on high settings I had 30 fps which is more than what I was expecting.

My expectations that yeah these two builds will be enough for Cyberpunk highest settings on 1080p, but I doubt that the GTX 1660 ti and the RTX 2060 will be able to maintain an average fps of 60+ on such settings.

One guy on Reddit actually made a good argument against this: if you buy parts one by one beforehand the warranty actually starts from the purchase date and when you’ve obtained all the parts and the time comes to actually build the thing it would suck to find out that one of your parts is faulty but you can’t return it because your warranty ran out. That’s why the more sensible method would be to save up and then buy all the parts at once - this way current hardware might actually decrease in price and you’d have full warranty on all of it.

It is not like we are talking about passing years between each purchase, but I think it is a matter of perspective. I will briefly share a real situation that happened with me. A while ago, I helped my brother to build his pc, and it took a full year to gather all the components and accessories. After finally getting the final piece, which was the case, we started to put everything together. After finishing, he powered up the pc and found that the HDD was faulty. Contacted Amazon and Seagate to see what our options are. Amazon offered a new product while Seagate offered a refurb one. Of course, we went with Amazon's offer. Also, Keep in mind that waiting in the hope of actual price decrease on pc parts is not really a guarantee anymore. Take for instance the RAM prices or the issue that happened with GPUs.

Last edited:
@MauricioMM I’m in the same boat. Good airflow and thermals is what I’m looking for in a good case. Ideally for a case to also be silent but you can’t have it both ways, choosing one inevitably leads to sacrificing the other.

Yes you can:

Fractal R6 with 3x Noctua a12x25 fans at the front. 1x 140mm at rear. Tape up the base and every vent/hole (including PCI slot cover holes), mount PSU fan side up.
Filtered air in front, hot air out the back (rear fan, GPU vent and PSU). With Noctua's fan controller you dial in the fans so they as high as possible before being audible in the dead of night.
Silent. So much positive pressure to almost blow out a lighter from the PSU without the PSU's fan being on. Silence is a HUGE priority of mine. That and performance & reliability. Everything else be damned.

PRO TIP: Get your PCs off your desks. Stick them under the desk where they belong. Buy a disco ball from a $2 store if tacky flashing lights are your thing.

My build here: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/TKkdnQ
You dont need to but if you can dremel out of the stupid rear fan grille. oh im just going to stick my fingers in there... WTF are they for? Nothing but airflow inhibitors and noise makers.

Got that system may/june 2018, since upgraded to 2080ti, swapped the 1TB 970 evo to 2TB and replaced the 3TB black HDD with a 4TB ssd.

Last edited:
@Triffid77 you don’t keep it open like that though, do you?

No, i didnt take pics with the front cover and side panel on because it'd just be pics of a black box.
Its to see the inner workings.
You dont need to spend so much on gear to make it work (apart from the case & noctua fans). The same principles will apply.

If i couldnt afford an expensive PSU and it had a noisy fan id just open it up (dont go feeling round in there though!!) and rip it out. It will always be sufficiently passively cooled by the positive pressure.

Top Bottom