What would Fix the game for you?

+
I personally had never buy the game when it has a third person view, that´s the other side from the metal!
And atm they have why more important problems to fix, as getting another hype!
The focus goes to a complet other direction and its good, because the game didn´t work probably for everyone.
Now are holidays and the will do nothing until mid january, so we have to wait and we all will see whats next.
But CDPR is not that famous to be good connect with the community, so i have not the best hopes that CP2077 has a good ending...
Yup... and the hype is done anywho... I doubt there is any way to bring it back.

Tbh I feel after all this, evn if they manage to salvage this situation and game, CDPR has lost their reputation to be able to hype up a game anymore. Not until they release a new game that fulfills everything they promise.

When you see the shadows of the character model and notice that there are no actual reflective surfaces in the game (the mirror is a trick, they don't show your actual character model from in-game, they show you the model that is viewed in the UI) you come to realize why they do not have 3rd person view support.

When you see the shadows of the character model and notice that there are no actual reflective surfaces in the game (the mirror is a trick, they don't show your actual character model from in-game, they show you the model that is viewed in the UI) you come to realize why they do not have 3rd person view support.

They do have it partly implemented. A modder has unlocked it and posted walking around in third person. It even has hair physics, but it's very unfinished. The spine of the character is bent in a weird angle and it runs weird, but it's in the game.

Yeah,
I'm honestly loving the game and Night City is the most gorgeous city I've ever seen in a game. Yet it isn't on the level of The Witcher 3 and right now it has a negative reputation in the gaming community.

One announcement containing three things will bring the hype right back up.

1. Official third person support - because whatever their reasons were for removing third person, it clearly didn't pan out. Cyberpunk is all about the looks and we need to see our characters, all with proper animations like Geralt in TW3.

2. Cutscenes are back for all Main and Side Story missions. The game is supposed to be bigger and better than The Witcher 3, yet boot them up right now side by side and tell me which one is more cinematic. The Red Engine is amazing for cutscenes and they never get old in TW3.

3. The first 6 months of the story get implemented for free along with increasing the content and importance of Lifepaths. Cyberpunk is printing money and is expected to make a billion dollars. They have the manpower and the money to do this, they probably even have it partly developed. Instead of selling cut content to us as DLC, it should be added back for free.

If these things get announced along with fixing bugs and half implemented features the hype will be right back to where it was before launch and it will set up the game for expansions and multiplayer.

Yeah Hopefully the they add more content to the game, im sure they will improve on the AI.

I would just like to highlight a few features that would be great to be added or improve in the game

1) Advanced Mini Map - Able to know when to turn, so that the map informed us earlier, so we do not miss any turn

2) Customization Apartment - Throughout my playthrough for this game, I went back to my apartment only 2 or 3 times. It be great to add some content maybe customization options

3) Customization Vehicles - Since the game has an in-depth photo mode option, it be great to have Vehicle customization, so that player can show off their own rides

4) Mini game - Include several mini games to interact with. Example gambling, pool, Swimming, Golf, Arcade games or etc

5) Advanced Police System - Probably remove the spawn cops, instead implement the same concept as GTA. It be cool if we were chase by Arasaka Forces

6) Radio - Switch between song - There are songs that i liked, so it would be nice if we can switch songs instead of the Radio station

7) NPC AI and Physics - Improve the overall response and interaction with the NPC

8) Buildings Accessible - To add more immersion to the game, more buildings should be accessible, i found out that that several buildings can be access only by the Main or Side Quest.

9) Apartment PC - We could check out the latest trend fashion, in which we can order the clothes through the website. Make the PC in our apartment to have more interaction

10) Purchased Apartment - Not sure if they will be added in the DLC, hopefully it will

Asside from the major things that have already been said, god damn this game is easy. Throwing granades and using medicine should have a maximum number of sucessive uses, like 2 or 3, tied to a perk or somthing and after that enter a minute or two colldown. Also, number of granades, medicine and food trough out the game, found randomly, should be reduced to five times less. I'm not even kiding. Easy change to make.

There's blood in the water and the sharks are circling.
CDPR needs a rescue boat right about now, not a hypetrain.

I too love to speculate and guess about all that is possible or could be added in the game.
Seeing what was said and given what we got, I don't want to get my hopes up.

Corpo could just as easily call it quits after a couple of patches and some simple free DLC's because the product's launch is too big a failure financially. (Refunds, crashed stocks, negative publicity, etc...)
And given what has transpired at launch, this is a very real (albeit dark) possibility.

Well, it doesn't fit me. But it would be more intelligible (for me) if you reasoned with what was missing in the game (for you, of course).
well what is missing in the game...
Lets start with collision effects/detection what was shown in the video, all rounded up with npcs reacting to said situation (was shown in the video)
Police chases... lets face it that does not exist in CP.
The Police encounters are the most boring thing in the game..
Flying objects that can be controlled - 2077 and you have nothing to fly with
Character customization after prologe (including Barbers)
Car customization (external) paint - vinyl - stickers more
Gang wars the option to join a gang, be it vodoo, tigerclaw, Animals or the Cyborg dudes
(Hookers) written in brackets because four exist in total, two of each gender.

Im not blaming just pointing out whats missing, it is obvious that they spend a good amount of time in certain fields, the city for example looks amazing, but the lack of events and NPC interaction is dulling it all down.
And i also understand that people that compare it to GTA, simply because GTA is the kingpin the "top banana" in the field.

For me the lack of options i have in Cyberpunk is actually frustrating...
Have you ever started a game and thought ohh man let's just finish this as fast as possible, or lets just get through with it...
If the above applys to you, you know thats never a good sign.
I have hope that they will add these things slowly/ or some modders will eventually.
But until that time the cookie has crumbled :(

Third person mode doesn't belong to this game. Cheesing arround the building corners, bad looking interiors etc. Meh

But I agree that cutscenes would be nice to have.

Asside from the major things that have already been said, god damn this game is easy. Throwing granades and using medicine should have a maximum number of sucessive uses, like 2 or 3, tied to a perk or somthing and after that enter a minute or two colldown. Also, number of granades, medicine and food trough out the game, found randomly, should be reduced to five times less. I'm not even kiding. Easy change to make.

Exactly. Certainly, the items limit would also increase the difficulty level (although slightly), and additionally make the trunk in the car a bit more useful. A very small change, and it already gives us
+ difficulty level balance
+ increases the suitability of the car / trunk, as well as the key importance of items and their selection
+ in subjective feeling, it improves immersion (player / car relationship)

I don't know if the company will survive the lawsuits and their own developers rebelling. If it does, then, and only then, they can think about doing any stuff to save the game.

This game has come to a fork in the road: On one path lies the direction taken by No Man's Sky where the developers take the sow's ear and turn it into a purse. On the other, the direction taken by Anthem and Mass Effect Andromeda. In the case of Anthem, they pulled the plug and are pinning their hopes on a supposed Anthem 2.0. With Andromeda, it was a case of too little too late with the plug being pulled. All we can do now is wait and see what road CDPR takes. I'm giving them three to six months--what they do during that period will determine whether 1) this game stays in my library or is uninstalled, probably permanently; and 2) whether I purchase another game from CDPR or use their GOG platform again or not. I know I'm just one person speaking from thousands of miles away and so don't even register on CDPR's radar, but I'm probably one of many who are thinking the same thing right now. I still think this game is a diamond in the rough and can be transformed from a mediocre to a great game, but the ball is in CDPR's court--it's up to them to deliver or not.

Good luck with Cyberpunk2 sales after such a terrible move.
Hah, yea, no chance... if anything, they should pull this thing right about now and re-release it as Cyberpunk 2077 Rechipped in a year or so... better two.

No, they'll fix it up as best they can, then probably carry on according to the DLC/expansion plan, and file it under "done in mediocracy" in a year.

Nothing will bring the hype back. If they want to fix the game beyond bugs they should make it proper RPG and not just linear action-adventure a la crappy version of GTA, as they state on their official twitter. It was bait and switch that happened around August 2019, but not officially mentioned. They kept advertising the game as RPG but switched the actual development into linear story game. I don't know what should happen to restore the belief in the good will of the CDPR. I don't mind story games, per se, but I buy them with huge discount many years after the release because their value is usually not that great.

Asking for more features while they're still reeling from the unprepared launch isn't the right way to go about it I don't think. Even if they were cut features, rushing to put them back in the game instead of everyone backing off to give them some breathing room is only gonna negatively impact their quality. People are upset about the devs being made to crunch and launch early, but just as many people are upset about the quality of the game and demand fixes. We can't fix both. I say we just back off and let them do what they were doing. If that means some features have to stay cut then I'm sure they'll put something else in it's place eventually.

I wont kill your hope but 3rd person as some people mentioned already wouldnt be possible comparing the tons of work that is needed to develop this feature.

A whole new combat mechanic needs to be done too. Somewhat like in the devision which is actually build to use all the options to cover yourself. This doesnt fit to the fast paced combat with dodge, slow mow, double jump etc.

Cutscenes however were a thing I actually thought would be in the game anyway. Kinda sad we wont see our own V aside of photomode and a mirror.

Overall I dont think changes and features influencing the main story will come. The effort is too much and needs more and more changes on already existing game elements. At least thats what I think.

Changes like a usable train as faster travel and enjoying the atmosphere from above, more character customization like new hairstyles, colour etc. animations for installing cyberware at a ripper doc. Those are things I can imagine could be done.

Top Bottom