we waited 8 years, is this what you expected?
I have to say that this is a bare shell of what I expected.
what would fix the game for you? in your honest opinion?
Honestly...? A complete overhaul. I'm not sure it can be fixed at this point.
what could the red devs add/remove/fix in this game it make it better?
The game runs fine on my machine; I don't really give a damn about bugs. For me, the issue is all of the content that's been cut, the features shown but neither in the game nor publicly and explicitly retracted prior to release.
- I want to ride the monorail in first person; they showed us this in trailers
- They said there'd be no invisible walls or turns-around, and that was totally a lie
- The inventory system is a huge mess; interacting with it is a giant pain
- Same with crafting; you don't even see how much of a certain item you already have before crating more
- There is no way to favorite, lock, or name items, making it too easy to disassemble an item you want to keep
- We were shown stores with mirrors; even if that's out, we should at the very least have a try-before-you-buy option in the same vein as when we put on items we already own
- NPCs have too few things they will say when you walk past them or are fighting them; the constant repetition gets very, very old before long
- We were told that there would be self-driving cars, but not even your own Delamain does that
- Speaking of driving, the minimap still needs an overhaul to be more like GTA's, which zooms in or out based entirely on your speed
- Spawning cops further away but still behind the player is putting a band-aid on a gaping wound
- NPC behavior is still too braindead; at the very least, they should stop cowering after the bullets stop flying
- Enemy behavior is still too idiotic; they don't even run away from a grenade
- Enemies also know V's gender even after a stealth attack, and...how?
- We were told you couldn't customize cars (why?) but we were told you could customize your weapons with paintjobs, and that's obviously out
- The window-computer we were shown is missing
- It's pretty clear that the "Six months later" montage with Jackie was meant to be playable; that we're introduced to Mama Welles for about five seconds worth makes zero sense, given how much she apparently means to V, and that's just one example
- In fact, that's not the only time it seems like we were supposed to know more than we did; how much content was cut, anyway???
- They say style matters in Night City, but if NPCs react to your wardrobe, it's completely under the hood
- The radio music is not even a little bit to my taste, nor does it fit my idea of the cyberpunk genre; we should have an option to make playlists from our own MP3s
Bugs aside, this feels like 1/3rd of the game they advertised. At best.
And how do you fix that without basically tearing down the game and starting over? I really don't know that they can.