What would Fix the game for you?

+
I just want the game they advertised. I want all the missing features and content that they talked about in the Night city wire and other media. CDPR over promised and under delivered, and they need to make good on what they advertised before any paid DLC drops. Problem is they cant deliver on what they promised without changing the story. They promised an immersive open world RPG and what we got is barely an RPG and immersion is broken, at almost every turn, largely due to the story. Like at the end it's supposed to be a race against the clock, but chippin in just unlocked so immersion broken.

CDPR have done the bare minimum when it comes to delivering on what they promised, changing the spawn distance of cops for example makes it easier to get away from them and further breaks immersion. I could go on but since this will probably be deleted ike all my other posts,, I'll just stop there.

1) Akira style biker gang battles in the streets
2) Were being hunted by bounty hunters and netrunners. This creates suspense and arouses tension in the player.
3) Barricade Pacifica, gaining easy access makes it feel less dangerous thus breaking the illusion. We need to be robbed, terrorized ,trembling.
4) More darker BD moments
5) More moments when characters betray you, stick you in a scavenger hideout.

6) NPC companions you can hire at the AFTERLIFE.
7) Trauma team missions
8) Netwatch missions, hunting netrunners within the city.
9) Work with Corpos,Gangs, Wraiths. Less police.
10) save managers. Having 3 corpos can get confusing when they are separate characters.
11) cutscenes that let us see V

THIS ^
Post automatically merged:

Maybe those people who wanted Cyberpunk life simulator should have paid more attention to CDPR's statements:
- no joining gangs and corporations
- no buying and customizing apartments
- no radiant quests

Yeah, and it makes the game; no fun :sneaky:

Last edited by a moderator:
(I'm not sure they wanted to please as many people as possible but rather doing the game as they wanted.

And I will absolutely die on this hill: that's fine for an artist, but CDPR is a for-profit company, and pleasing people is kind of their job.

"Hey, let's take this genre with a well-established legacy and a well-known property within that genre, then radically change it and assume absolutely nobody will be disappointed by that!"

If that was the case, we would have a "Fortnite Cyberpunk")

Yeah, I don't know what that means...

Maybe those people who wanted Cyberpunk life simulator should have paid more attention to CDPR's statements:
- no joining gangs and corporations
- no buying and customizing apartments
- no radiant quests

And maybe CDPR should have paid more attention to their audience who clearly wanted basically all of that.

Guest 3847602

And maybe CDPR should have paid more attention to their audience who clearly wanted basically all of that.
1st Don't assume you know what kind of game CDPR's audience wants
2nd Don't assume their audience is a monolith
3rd CDPR are known for making story-driven games
4th They never made life-simulation type of game
5th They were dishonest about performance on last-gen consoles and state of AI, but they never, ever, ever tried to deceive you or anyone about their intentions toward making Cyberpunk life simulator
6th Just because you really, really want something doesn't mean anyone is obliged to make it for you

their intentions toward making Cyberpunk life simulator
so what are all the thousands trailer all about? they made so many single trailers for "life simulator" features over several years but actually none of those features made it in the current game the way they talked about them. just pick any of them and rethink... there was a fashion trailer, a lifestyle trailer, one that covers lifepathes and backgrounds, street creed, rpg elements (cutscenes and mirrors), interaction in freeroaming and many more. they absolutly gave the intentions of a lively, breathing world with many rpg oppertunities which all came close to life simulation - but than again, everything's cut by "design decisions" - who ever want to believe that statement... haha.

Guest 3847602

so what are all the thousands trailer all about? they made so many single trailers for "life simulator" features over several years but actually none of those features made it in the current game the way they talked about them. just pick any of them and rethink... there was a fashion trailer, a lifestyle trailer, one that covers lifepathes and backgrounds, street creed, rpg elements (cutscenes and mirrors), interaction in freeroaming and many more. they absolutly gave the intentions of a lively, breathing world with many rpg oppertunities which all came close to life simulation - but than again, everything's cut by "design decisions" - who ever want to believe that statement... haha.
What "life simulator" feature your'e talking about?
Joining gangs? Their answer was "no" and nothing but "no" everytime they decided to comment on this question.
Buying and customizing apartments? It was something that was initially planned, however this feature was abandoned and by mid 2019 it was a public knowledge that it won't be in the game.
Radiant quests? The answer was resounding "no" since the beginning.
Riding train, car customization, 3rd person cutscenes? Same as with the apartments. Planned initially, gave up on them later and they didn't keep this information it as a secret.

Just that they finish releasing patchs and a good user friendly modding tool. With that, I can overhaul the gameplay, perks, animations... well, make myself an immersive cyberpunk game feeling alive and with things to do outside killing everyone in sight.

Another reason I think CDPR misjudged their audience: so many complaints boil down to, "We wanted a cyberpunk life simulator and you gave us a visual novel instead!" (For the record, I agree with that sentiment.)

If that's closer to what people wanted, then--as I say--CDPR misjudged the people who wanted to play a cyberpunk game.
Maybe if they hadn't based their game on a hardcore book based role playing game and initially advertised it as a deep role playing game where choices and consequences matter they wouldn't have gotten so many complaints when it turned out to be a shooter based action rpg lite with missing AI.

1st Don't assume you know what kind of game CDPR's audience wants
2nd Don't assume their audience is a monolith
3rd CDPR are known for making story-driven games
4th They never made life-simulation type of game
5th They were dishonest about performance on last-gen consoles and state of AI, but they never, ever, ever tried to deceive you or anyone about their intentions toward making Cyberpunk life simulator
6th Just because you really, really want something doesn't mean anyone is obliged to make it for you

7th you clearly not have seen the night city wires

I'm gonna continue enjoying cyberpunk 2077 irregardless of the future decisions they make. Though if anything could improve it to my satisfaction... Maybe a DLC ending where
your character lives? It's not important for the game to include one, I just want one for sentimental purposes. I get attached to my characters and want them to live...

Linear story/content with fake choices, misplaced in an indifferent open world, is my biggest concern. However fixing that doesn't seem likely nor economically viable.

Other than that there are tons of quality of life improvements that could lift the game substantially, especially:
  • Key bind customazation: Walk, dodge, courch, skip, interact, and so on.. pretty much everything should have a customizeable dedicated button. Even PS-ports like Nioh 2 have this.
  • Character customization in one form or another after the character creation, transmog clothes/armor included.
  • Make melee viable during slow time effects

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

7th you clearly not have seen the night city wires
If you say so...
Good job at proving me wrong by providing the list (with links) of life-sim features you're referring to.(y)

Guest 4564903

Expecting a multinational company to do what you want is laughable. Expecting a multinational company to deliver what they promised is more than reasonable.

However in this day and age its got to the point where no one should believe a word any gaming company says when they are trying to get money out of you on nothing more than a promise. It should not be like that but that's life and the only way it will change is if people stop pre-ordering games. Giving them your money and then complaining will change nothing as they have your money, do I need to list examples, surely not as there are way too many.

For me I took no notice of the hype or promises and picked up the game around the time of the last big patch for a great price, I have played it for what it is and not worried about things said before release as they are meaningless. Its a fantastic game, all I ask is to fix the odd reaming bugs and glitches which in any case have totalled four minor ones for me so even that is not a big deal.

Hi Cyberpunk people

I completed the main story and all side quests
30 hours +-

what would fix the game for you? in your honest opinion?

we waited 8 years, is this what you expected?

what could the red devs add/remove/fix in this game it make it better?

Honestly, what would fix the game basically entails us getting a completely different game than we got.

Eight years of waiting, much less than that of development, and everything they marketed up to release isn't in the game.

I want life paths to matter. I want choices to matter. I want actual role playing elements. I want classes. I want a more robust police system. I want a more robust AI. I want more clothing options, not just recolors. I want all the cut content back. More time with Jackie before he dies (cut content). I want the monorail (cut content). I want a better character creation. I want a way to further design your character once you begin playing.

Basically, what I want is Cyberpunk (as a tabletop) as a video game.

And honestly, they'll never make it. And even if they did with CP2, allegedly beginning production next year, I still won't buy it. Fool me once, shame on you. There won't be a second time.

I was talked into pre-ordering 2077 because everyone said CDPR was one of the last honest companies.

I don't blame them. I'm sure they were great when dealing with the Witcher. But Cyberpunk? Nope.

And as everyone has said already, they'll never remake the game for free. So they'll never get a dime from me again.

You know what, at this point I'm over my disappointment with the near misses on so many of the features I expected and I'm just trying to enjoy the game for what it is. But please please please fix the screen space reflections on my ps4. I'm still stopping to look at the view and going wow this city looks amazing.

Oh yeah and flying cars :)

Top Bottom