What would Fix the game for you?

+
Yeah, I'm guessing we're using the same mod.

Head to the Nexus forums, you'll that there are quite a few interesting discussions about potential mods that might interest you.

Of course, if CDPR releases some actual tools, it'll help modders tremendously but some of them are achieving incredible things even without official tools.
Yeah, hope they release some tools for modders, it could only help, and not hurt at this point tbh. Curious if given mod tools, someone can make the holy grail of mods in a 3rd person mod, if even possible/doable. Be curious to see how aiming guns would work, among other things...but melee would be a blast in 3rd person, with dodging, sliding, and jumping around.

The serious lack of AI upsets me the most, the lack of any real interactivity with the worldspace is a close second. Make a big overhaul of AI and world interactivity and I'll even accept having ire rink driving mechanics.

Bug fixes and optimisation is mandatory so should be expected regardless.

The serious lack of AI upsets me the most, the lack of any real interactivity with the worldspace is a close second. Make a big overhaul of AI and world interactivity and I'll even accept having ire rink driving mechanics.

Now i agree. But this ll be hard...(i supose). But maybe to Febuary.

Yeah, hope they release some tools for modders, it could only help, and not hurt at this point tbh. Curious if given mod tools, someone can make the holy grail of mods in a 3rd person mod, if even possible/doable. Be curious to see how aiming guns would work, among other things...but melee would be a blast in 3rd person, with dodging, sliding, and jumping around.

From what I understood from conversations between modders on how it could be achieved, it's doable.

CDPR releasing tools would greatly facilitate the whole process.

side gigs that have a purpose, instead of collect 10 of X item or kill these guys, looking back at TW3, the quests even the side quests were rich with a sense of achievement and satisfaction, I still remember the TW3 quest The bloody Baron very fondly, it was well written and your choices actually had consequences, if I were to use one word to describe the side gigs it would be soulless, all side gigs are is one brief phonecall with a rudimentary plot hook and go kill these bad guys, they need to breathe some life into them, make them feel like your making a difference in a City of few options.

Yep, especially AI with a rep/karma system with gangs and police, giving either negative or positive rep, with quest and unique vendor unlocks, or bounties on your head from a gang boss nemesis type system if you really piss em off (even add a disguise option in low rep areas like AC Vallhalla)...man that would be cool and organically open the world up big time.

Not all of them, there were missions in TW3 just to get something and take it to another place ... others, just to lift statues from the ground. Without belittling, of course, them. Cyber also has these. But I personally hope there are even more and random.

Not all of them, there were missions in TW3 just to get something and take it to another place ... others, just to lift statues from the ground. Without belittling, of course, them. Cyber also has these. But I personally hope there are even more and random.
the beef I have with the "robbery in progress" NCPD missions, is I've never once heard an npc say Thank you....you'd have thought that would be the first thing they'd say after saving their arse.

the beef I have with the "robbery in progress" NCPD missions, is I've never once heard an npc say Thank you....you'd have thought that would be the first thing they'd say after saving their arse.

Only that? When we're lucky, the police don't shoot up from the ground ... or get out of the walls ... out of the water ...

I agree.

side gigs that have a purpose, instead of collect 10 of X item or kill these guys, looking back at TW3, the quests even the side quests were rich with a sense of achievement and satisfaction, I still remember the TW3 quest The bloody Baron very fondly, it was well written and your choices actually had consequences, if I were to use one word to describe the side gigs it would be soulless, all side gigs are is one brief phonecall with a rudimentary plot hook and go kill these bad guys, they need to breathe some life into them, make them feel like your making a difference in a City of few options.
There were alot of pretty deep sidequests in TW3...and the rep/karma system I want could unlock specific quests, with some story to them, with certain gangs or police...add that to whats already here with the fixers and gigs? Damn...another reason why the game feels rushed, CDPR was awesome with Wicher quests.

Well this ties in with the AI issue of course, even if you save people they will just stand there doing nothing or cowering in fear because they weren't actually programmed to do anything.

If they do plan on revamping the AI I wouldn't even expect it to be done any time soon, maybe even in six months nor so. I hope that it does happen though no matter how long.

Well this ties in with the AI issue of course, even if you save people they will just stand there doing nothing or cowering in fear because they weren't actually programmed to do anything.

If they do plan on revamping the AI I wouldn't even expect it to be done any time soon, maybe even in six months nor so. I hope that it does happen though no matter how long.
yea, you save them and then they go sit down on a chair like nothing had ever happened and give you a funny look like " why are you here?"

And ll have a BIG wall: processor's. In my opinion they changed that because of the performance (and not because they were bad).

While I'm enjoying the game on PC, there are some things that would make the experience better.

In order of preference:

1. More romance content with existing characters
2. Street Cred having an effect on quests and love interests
3. Ability to customize clothes and cars.
4. To have more content take place in my apartment - why do I even need this space?
5. Have cars auto-drive to the destination as an option.

But you can't forget something, any improvment in crowd AIs will inevitably focus on processing. If now we have more serious problems, with a relatively simple (this is relative) AI, imagine something more elaborate. In my opinion, this is what changed the game, adapted to a reality - current consoles and computers and not because there would be any malevolent intention to offend players ... (this is childish in my view).

Maybe CD should look at this as beta/early access, and take in many player suggestions (most suggestion/feedback ia all pretty much the same, so they def have a somewhat straight forward roadmap of what ppl want, better AI and customization are the big ones) and strive for a complete game by the end of 2021...this could actually make the game better, the players are telling them what they want en masse.

Maybe CD should look at this as beta/early access, and take in many player suggestions (most suggestion/feedback ia all pretty much the same, so they def have a somewhat straight forward roadmap of what ppl want, better AI and customization are the big ones) and strive for a complete game by the end of 2021...this could actually make the game better, the players are telling them what they want en masse.

This will not guarantee that they will be able to do so. But, it is what they are expected to do.

Hi Cyberpunk people

I completed the main story and all side quests
30 hours +-

what would fix the game for you? in your honest opinion?

we waited 8 years, is this what you expected?

what could the red devs add/remove/fix in this game it make it better?
Obviously all the bugs, thats a given.

Stats/perks
I think these need to be much more integrated into the game and made more interesting. Some of them really doesn't make a lot of sense. Like taking over a security turret? I don't have that one, yet I can take over turrets, so why would I care to take it.

The crafting needs to be completely overhauled, which is obviously connected to the itemization in the rest of the game. A lot of work need to be put into this.

UI
The user interface need to be streamlined a bit.

Combat and AI
Even though it is fun, a lot of it comes from how you as a player choose to do it, without it really being needed. Like its fun to quick hack your way through enemies and stealth the missions. But if you want to be effective, it seems that guns blazing is definitely the way to go.

Also at least to me, it doesn't seem to matter a great deal how you are specced in regards to how effective you are. It's more about using the right gear. Tech and especially Smart weapons seems to really make the enemies struggle to put up a fight. Even nethacking and just killing people through the cameras is every effective and the enemies have no way of defending themselves, except not being in view. Some adjustments need to be made to the combat system as I see it.

I play on very hard and the further I get into the game the easier it becomes, simply because of one or two items. I have an assault rifle which I use a lot, but this is a personal choice, simply because if I use my smart weapons there doesn't seem to be any chance for the enemies, as the drop like flies. Making 4 to 15k+ headshots on whoever you target is pretty much just 1 shotting stuff. So these weapons need to be completely overhauled as I see it.

City life
Personally I would be fine with the city being more of a sandbox experience, do what you want, when you want it. But that requires that the city is brought more into life. With all kinds of things to do, from functional bars, more shops, being able to use braindances, picking up random dates which are somewhat integrated into the game rather than those joy toys, better traffic, stock market and in general a much more functional economy. Being able to be thrown in jail rather than just being shot on sight all the time or the possibility to bribe cops. Even things like having to pay rent for the apartment and if you don't you lose it and have to rent a motel or hotel room, you even have a mail on V's computer in the apartment saying that rent is overdue, whether they intended for it to be there, or just to illustrate that V is poor I don't know.
Taxi service, gambling etc. It doesn't have to be especially deep, but basically just what you would expect from a city that is meant to feel alive, because Night city is very good at that. So basically what GTA 5 does very well, where you can go watch a movie in the cinema and stuff, but which fits the CP universe and then push it a little, and since they want it to be a RPG first, then they have to do these things so they make sense in such game.
A lot of these things might not work in a game like GTA, but they shouldn't care about that in my opinion. They need to make CP feel like a RPG, if that is what they want it to be.

Lacking features
They have to add the lacking features that they said would be in the game, like the bounty system etc.

Food/Drink/Sleep
This system should be overhauled completely and sleep added. So V only need to eat at max 2 times a day to get the buff, but it should be a lot more expensive to eat. Sleep should also be added, again to give a reason to go to the apartment or rent a room.

And all these should give certain buffs or debuffs, just as romancing or random pickups should.

Random loot
This I wondered about very early on when I started to play the game.

But first of all, the amount of loot need to be severely decreased, there is way to much, that it again ruins the whole economy of the game.
Besides the random cars and some insanely expensive cyberware, nothing is really worth buying. ammo you can craft, grenades, health etc. There is no pressure, I had to sell around a 100 health kits, because I was getting close to 200, which is not counting those of higher tier. As I said, im playing on very hard and I only use the grey health kits, haven't seen a need to use the others, as you can just spam them anyway.

Then there is the stuff that V think is of value, ashtray? cards? food? Why would anyone like V consider a half eaten pizza or someone's lunch, found amongst trash cans as being worth picking up? That to me needs to be changed as well. First of all, I have no clue why ashtrays are considered valuables, I mean there are hightech equipment all over the place, but a dirty ashtray that's where the money is :). Besides that it also ruins the economy, that there are weapons, armors, food, health kits all over the place.

To illustrate how broken the economy is, my character is a crafter and in the beginning (level 1-5) I crafted health kits. I haven't done since, and currently I have:

155 green ones
365 grey ones

A grey health kit for me costs 3 common materials and 1 uncommon material.

I have:
2744 common
102 uncommon.

The amount of health kits, I could craft if I wanted is insane. Obviously you would never do this as crafting is a pain in the butt in this game, having to do it one at the time. And as I said I already sold around 100, so there is no chance of me ever running out, and my guess is that most people have it like this.

Dialogs
There need to be more unique outcomes to these, the dialog itself is really good I think. But I often get the impression that I choose one thing, but it basically leads to the NPC just replying to both options or V just automatically does this afterwards. Also I think there should be much higher consequences from dialogs to the point where V potentially could be killed, if you ain't careful.
Also the coloring of the options should be removed and randomized as it ruins the purpose of choosing what you think is the best thing to say compared to just going with the flow, meaning you always know that you can just fire off all the blue ones and then choose the yellow one when you are ready, because nothing really important will happen anyway.

Conclusion
To me CDPR need to make the game feel a lot more like a RPG game and do what they set out to do when they promoted the game. At the moment, despite me enjoying it a lot. I think it's to much like GTA, mixed with too little Mass effect.

I would much rather see another fleshed out Mass effect mixed with a high amount of RPG, than another GTA game just set in the Cyberpunk universe, with a few choices.

Last edited:
Top Bottom