What would Fix the game for you?

+
You've pointed it out nicely. What I write is not crucial at all, but after playing Front Mission 3, I am still disappointed today that no one has created such an immersive Internet in the game. Dozens of pages, online documents, Internet contacts, collecting information, passwords, hacktools to break into websites to get some information or upgrade. I haven't seen it anywhere since then. Sometimes hacking should be not only 'minigame' things, but also eavesdropping someone, getting information and just getting somewhere where you can use skills from the tree. There was a lot of talk about this netrunning before the game was released, Mike Pondsmith in one of the materials on the yt CD PROJEKT RED account told why the network at Cyberpunk works differently and does not use traditional computers with monitors because the technology has just gone towards netrunning. Meanwhile, in the game - a laptop on a laptop.
...and that in a day and age when stuff like this exists.

well i completed all the side jobs and those other jobs such as tarot collecting, etc. but I had this bug GIG: Shark in the Water, I can't proceed further because there's a med shop upfront and I can't even open the doors. And when I'm scanning inside through the doors and windows on top, there are no one inside.

...and that in a day and age when stuff like this exists.

I think that netrunning should be something in between, an alternative world in which reality is presented a bit differently, something like braindance. However, definitely without too many arcade elements and swordsmanship, netrunning should be more logical to emphasize the hacking aspect. But yes, it's definitely inspiring stuff.

Better AI, as current one is just a simple, grup script.
More immersion in open world, like in story missions.
More choices and consequences.
More side stories at the expense of the fixer's gigs.
Less frequent, but randomized (based on logic) activities.
Better NCPD
Gangs that stand out, as for now they are all the same.
MORE JUDY ALVAREZ!
And also, some more Judy Alvarez.
:)
Still, I love the game
Solid 8/10

The original game from 2018 before they decided to change it from an RPG to an action-adventure, all of the cut content, all of the advertised features (including the AI daily routines, cop systems, NPCs, interactable world, etc.), finish the game because this is far from finished, the side quests that are supposed to be on par with or exceeding the main quests instead of what might as well have been procedurally generated quests from Fallout 4's Preston Garvey telling us about another settlement that needs our help.

Gameplay improvements from combat, to UI, to minimaps, to basically everything. The branching dialogue with tons of options, the choices and consequences, everything that was supposed to be in this game as of before they either acquired Keanu Reeves or management decided to change the game to a streamlined action-adventure to rush it out the door in 2019.

nothing imo,just fix the bugs and let it go...i'm actually glad that they let you choose suicide yourself ending if you had enough of it to be honest.In a way,i felt like V,didn't want to "hurt" others (fans) by saying this game needs this or that or it's not worth it atm blah blah blah.Enoug is enough.
I liked that ending alot by the way,had babycry and felt bad because of V's friends but it felt actually right looking at the state of the game."The Easy way"

Last edited:
Fix all the engine related stuff for PC. And then, give me an "official" suite of tools to mod with.

I'll fix/add what I want to fix/add myself. As I did with mods that I built for Skyrim and Fallout 4 with Bethesda's official kits. This game screams "MOD THE SH*T OUTTA ME, PLEASE!" Look to the longevity this move afforded to those games. 8 years for Skyrim. 7 for FO4. And modders are STILL adding content, and both are still immensely popular. Including stuff that was cut from them. Hell, Oblivion is still getting new mods after nearly 15 years!

Do this, and a lot of the issues the game is plagued with right now will be forgiven and long forgotten within a couple of months.

After that, focus on DLC content within reason (and don't get cute with dumb stuff like adding backwards looking content). Forget the multiplayer stuff for a year or two. Grow the game first. Fix and improve the reputation people expected CDPR to have with this game's launch.

Hi Cyberpunk people

I completed the main story and all side quests
30 hours +-

what would fix the game for you? in your honest opinion?

we waited 8 years, is this what you expected?

what could the red devs add/remove/fix in this game it make it better?

Though I like the idea of the 3rd person from a practical standpoint, I think it should have been removed. Travel should of been handled differently. Being in a vehicle makes the city feel smaller and more like GTA5. Is it fun to drive? Yea but, the gem in the game is the story, immersion, and the detailed city. Forcing people to walk or take public transit would have kept the game more immersive and story driven. Soon as you get in a vehicle it turns into Crash Bandicoot.

1. Walking toggle for keyboard
2. Flashlight or some other light source. Some maps get really dark and we have no light.
CONTROL
3. Allow us to set the "use" buttonbind. (default F which cannot be changed)

4. Add mantis blades to the photomode

5. Allow us to adjust the radio/TV volume and amp up the music in nightclubs. (Totentanz is too quiet)

6. Increase the minimap scale when driving, so we can see in advance when the navigator directs us to turn. Currently I am frequently driving past forks on the road because I am traveling at high speed and the minimap simply doesnt show far enough.

All this times 1000. I would add fix the NCPD A.I. its horrible,Fix the non stop crashing to desktop of Cyberpunk 2077. I have sent in many dozens of flatlines POST install of 1.04 AND 1.05 'Hotfixes'.....using the 460.79 nvidia drivers

Witcher 2,3, ALL Deus Ex games, both Dishonored 1+2,CONTROL maxxed with full RTX,Wasteland 3,Vampyr,Jedi Fallen Order 2019, all run great, zero crashing.

Better AI, as current one is just a simple, grup script.
More immersion in open world, like in story missions.
More choices and consequences.
More side stories at the expense of the fixer's gigs.
Less frequent, but randomized (based on logic) activities.
Better NCPD
Gangs that stand out, as for now they are all the same.
MORE JUDY ALVAREZ!
And also, some more Judy Alvarez.
:)
Still, I love the game
Solid 8/10

Most of that would be cool. But I don't think wishing for substantial things like additional quests etc are what would/should be "fixes". And I will adress my personal cyber-elephant later which would "fix" the game for me, but first the smaller issues for me:

1. a vanity-cam-button where we can view our V's running down the streets. Doesn't need to be third person combat or anything, just something allowing us to view V's model in-game, without photomode etc.
2. In regards to that - a preview-option when buying clothing..don't wanna spend 4000 eddies just to see how ugly my V looks in that, or what exact colour scheme it has...
3. And in regards to THAT: Outfit-designer aka Transmog-option. So we can wear the ugly combat helmet but still look like wearing a beanie-hat...it should be a law for RPGs to have this included from the start...
4. Better vehicle-controls for keyboards, and maybe on top a auto-drive-option.
5. And auto-drive would even allow for logical car-chases - i mean...I understand its hard to drive and shoot if alone...but with an auto-driver I could shoot those pesky gangs chasing me (if they ever chased me anyway...)
6. A trainer for crafting-skills .... god is it boring to level that up...its just busy-work. Let me get some eddies, and pay to learn that shit...

And the big elephant in the room? Could only be adressed by a proper DLC after the endgame is done...I am not going to spoil anything...but sorry, I had my Mass Effect 8 years ago, and now again. The endig(s) suck monkey-balls. And the only fix for that would be a proper end-game-post-ending-story-driven DLC to FIX IT UP!

Without that last point ... nothing really maters to me anymore with this game, it has lost all playability to me. And I can play. Low/Medium PC, no crashes, few mostly funny glitches, acceptable performance and nice looking. But all of that is moot if the game's journey in the end feels pointless and leaves me behind actually somewhat depressed ...

I don't think the core game experience needs any fixing, but a few complimentary features would be nice to have. Even though the game is balanced around solo-play, it would be nice to be able to call in temporary backup at least for side-jobs and NCPD Scanner Hustles. To balance the feature, you could have V do favors for various mercs at the Afterlife before you could call them or just pay a fee each time time you call them in for backup. Other than that, I would just like more clothing/armor options.

I was promised to get a world where almost everything's vulgar and it's okay. You can see pole dancers topless and even full naked and many other things. Now at launch they seemed to be chickened out and said the "bug" was intended. :rolleyes:

This is for me the thing that "betrayed" me most so for me the game to be fixed is to bring back all the uncensored stuff. But I guess they will never make it happen thus making it forever bitter for me whenever I see this game.

Don't make promises that you can't keep.

• 3rd person perspective (especially during conversations and cutscenes, and in cover)
  • More vehicles (especially the ones already in the game but that can't be owned), weapons, and more everything.
  • Better AI
  • Better interface
  • Choices that matter, what was promised: the chance to be whoever you want
  • Reputation and faction system, with consequences and benefits
  • Subway / Train
  • Much better police / crime system
  • Clearly visible equipped cybernetic implants
  • Drones and turrets for the engineering spec
  • More options when creating characters (especially body type - fat, big, short, thin, etc)
  • Better physics
These would be a start. But the game lacks so much more that was promised and/or advertised. The list surely goes on and on and on but for me, these are the most important features that are missing or the game urgently needs.

After 45 hours, let’s see...

- Skills and stats that made a bigger gameplay difference,

- Skills and stats that weren’t about killing stuff or sneaking (e.g. Attractiveness, empathy, driving (this is really needed), swimming, gambling, human perception, library search, awareness/notice, stealing, personal grooming, wardrobe and style, and many other examples from CP2020; which ever might apply here),

- Interactivity around the city to use the above, and reactivity for it,

- Lifepaths that meant something on a larger scale on who V is and where s/he’s coming (and what opportunities he night have due to hus past endeavors), and not just in passing,

- Narrative that keeps the well written style, but doesn’t feel like it’s haphazardly cobbled together, and has actual reactivity,

- Individual gang/fixer/law reputations,

- Working traffic/pedestrian/police AI and reactivity,

- Cyberware that doesn’t feel like an afterthought,

- Perksystem that doesn’t feel like an afterthought,

- Itemization that isn’t completely bonkers nor feeling like it was hastily copied from Witcher 3 (2020 had a fine system for weapons and armor, why wasn’t that suitable here?),

- Crafting that isn’t some sort of MMO bullshit with applying mechanical parts to bandanas to get a few digits(!) more armor (for one example),

- Overhauled smartgun systems that makes them more viable and systemically interesting (more to-hit-chance and generally more systemic approach),

- Less defined protagonist and an option to turn his/her voiceovers off

That’s it for starters. More surely to come once I finish my playthrough.

Last edited:
I'm honestly loving the game and Night City is the most gorgeous city I've ever seen in a game. Yet it isn't on the level of The Witcher 3 and right now it has a negative reputation in the gaming community.

One announcement containing three things will bring the hype right back up.

1. Official third person support - because whatever their reasons were for removing third person, it clearly didn't pan out. Cyberpunk is all about the looks and we need to see our characters, all with proper animations like Geralt in TW3.

2. Cutscenes are back for all Main and Side Story missions. The game is supposed to be bigger and better than The Witcher 3, yet boot them up right now side by side and tell me which one is more cinematic. The Red Engine is amazing for cutscenes and they never get old in TW3.

3. The first 6 months of the story get implemented for free along with increasing the content and importance of Lifepaths. Cyberpunk is printing money and is expected to make a billion dollars. They have the manpower and the money to do this, they probably even have it partly developed. Instead of selling cut content to us as DLC, it should be added back for free.

If these things get announced along with fixing bugs and half implemented features the hype will be right back to where it was before launch and it will set up the game for expansions and multiplayer.

Would*

I honestly don't see how combat would work in 3rd person tho.

Combat will work the way it works in The Division. Quite well, proper cover can be implemented too, heck combat will be straight up better. Third person just works better for a game like this.

I personally had never buy the game when it has a third person view, that´s the other side from the metal!
And atm they have why more important problems to fix, as getting another hype!
The focus goes to a complet other direction and its good, because the game didn´t work probably for everyone.
Now are holidays and the will do nothing until mid january, so we have to wait and we all will see whats next.
But CDPR is not that famous to be good connect with the community, so i have not the best hopes that CP2077 has a good ending...

Top Bottom