What would Fix the game for you?

+

Guest 3573786

Two to three more years in development should do wonders. My best advice would be a partnership with ROCKSTAR GAMES and/or Gearbox Software.
The main reason all of this happened is that cdpr management/top got a bit too corpo. The last thing they need is to take cues from scummy companies like Rockstar and Gearbox. I'd rather point them to No Man's Sky as an example of how to go about fixing this.

Cars:
  • Customizable cars
  • BETTER HANDLING in said cars
  • A more functional minimap while driving.
  • Being able to hire Delamain so I can just sit and enjoy taking in the visuals of Night City.

Story:
  • Endings that actually mean something and where your choices are reflected. They really pulled a Mass Effect 3/pick your explosion color ending to this, and it's so upsetting.
  • Let your romances mean something, instead of getting a sex scene and having the relationship die like they never existed. Let me turn down a second relationship if I'm already in one, or let there at least be a conversation about being poly with your original partner.
  • I know they can't without completely rewriting the game, but I really wish the lifepath actually meant something. Sure, I got a few extra lines saying "Hey, I'm an ex-nomad", but that's hardly satisfying. Speaking of which,
    I was really annoyed that I left being a nomad for reasons that we're never explained to me, and then the only "good" ending means going back to being a nomad, but with a different tribe? I REALLY needed more in the prologue explaining why I left so I could at least pretend to come up with a reason to compete 180 my life.
  • Character death only has an impact if I have an emotional attachment to the character.
    I knew Jackie for, what, three missions? Maybe 45 minutes of gameplay if I'm being generous? I felt literally nothing when they killed him because I knew him less than the person that runs the till at my local grocery store. Even less with T-Bug. She was a literal stranger. They could have given us more missions together and actually developed a rapport, instead of just saying "YOU'RE BEST FRIENDS AND NOW HE'S DEAD. BE SAD."
  • Letting you eat and drink at bars and restaurants with animations instead of just pulling up a menu and dropping it in your inventory.
  • Allow your character to be naked in first person. Like, leaving your socks on during sex is a thing, but I don't think leaving your underwear on in the shower is. I know that's stupid, but if you're going to allow a body to be customizable, let the player see that customizable character. (Yes, I know, BONK)
Weaponry:
  • Monowire is supposed to be a stealth weapon. Let me attack from stealth, please.
  • Muzzles on snipers and smart weapons, please.
Technical:
  • Biggest one for me, please fix the quickhacks. Ever since upgrading to legendary tier, they've completely stopped working. The only one that actually works anymore is System Reset and (occasionally) ping. Literally every other quickhack will upload, play a short spark animation, and then do literally no damage. Even the allegedly one-hit KO ones like Cyberpsychosis and Suicide do literally nothing. It's completely broken my entire build.
  • Please fix the bug where the Blood Pump cyberware breaks when you also have an arm cyberware attached.
  • Fix the 8mb save corruption bug.

Weaponry:
  • Monowire is supposed to be a stealth weapon. Let me attack from stealth, please.
  • Muzzles on snipers and smart weapons, please.

When it comes to stealth I'm entirely disappointed that in 2020 we still are stuck in crouch mode to sneak up on people. In reality it would actually be louder to walk like a half-crab up behind people than just on your tippy-toes. There is already a mod available to allow walking (not sure if it affects stealth/noise made) yet after 8 years of development they didn't think to put that into the game.

The main thing that would make the game more enjoyable is just to fix the crashes on PS4 and fix the bugs. The FPS needs to be consistent, even if they aren't on the high end. Just needs to not be choppy. Oh, and the regular NPC's don't need to be bullet sponges. I still think the game is fun to play as is but, It really needs some TLC to make it a great game. And maybe think of using Beta testers for each platform. I beta tested The Division 2 and Ubisoft was very responsive in fixing the things we found.

1. Improve sound queues in combat/driving. There are audio issues. for example when a fist animation occurs, I don't hear the final punch.

2. More side quests that make you feel the NC vibe. My favorite side quest was "I Fought the Law." I don't know exactly what it was about it. Getting to work with this cool NCPD guy who pulls of this NC-cyberpunk-cop look off really well! And the investigation during the quest was really interesting. I think we should have more of that.

3. Hand combat is extremely janky and not satisfying. Sound queues are off, NPC movement is broken and unfair. "Beat on the Brat" side-quests suffer from it for being too easy once you get the gimmick. In TW3 there was a good gimmick, in this one its not good and needs work.

4. Equipment loot balance is off in this game. Why am I getting 50 DPS snipers when I am level 32 doing a main story quest?
Why do I still use my broken 600 damage revolver that I found at level 20 that is blue-tier when I am level 32? Looting in this game needs work for sure.

5. Consumables Excluding maxdocs: I don't know if people are aware but there are other consumables you can pick up in this game that are only accessible through the inventory. They have some useful buffs, But I'm definitely not opening my inventory and clicking 5 times just to use that consumable.

6. Looting: There are issues with looking certain items off the ground and them requiring certain angles for you to finally pick the damn thing up

7. Aerondight: Doesn't feel earned, doesn't feel like Aerondight at all. Uhm thanks Wakako???

8. Save System: Everybody and their mother probably learned to quicksave by now after killing an enemy because they know some bullshit will happen to them around the corner. NPCS don't stay in their original movement/rotation when reloading that save. Also LOOT RNG does not remain the same: Was doing a gig and there was a legendary in the safe, reloaded it because I killed the target w/o talking and I wanted to see what she would say. Legendary turned into an epic.

9. Lack of Legendary: In TW3 I have a 150hr save with 80+ legendary swords stashed. CP2077 lacks legendaries. After all they aren't all that special. They can easily be outdown by a slightly higher level blue item. i think they should be more frequent just as in TW3. But leave Cyberware legendaries at the rarity it is now for sure

10. Crafting System: Look, I put 120+ hrs into TW3 months before CP2077 came out, and I know for certain the crafting system in TW3 also was useless because I was getting legendary swords like hotcakes. But this is because I am a side quest junky--and so what? I should definitely be rewarded with legendaries more frequently because of that! I used the TW3 Crafting system for only witcher gear. CP2077 lacks a lot, it has few diagrams, few decent craftable items. It relies mostly on iconic items, which is bare minimum. I ended up putting 20 into tech but All I crafted was a legendary sniper, that's all I crafted ever.

11. Call System: Doing a stealth kill, guy is waiting to die, but Wakako decides to call me and tell me about her fingernails and I cant do shit.

Last edited:
Bugs (that will most probably be fixed over time) and minor tweaks aside (that can be managed by the modding community, like key binds etc.), I would be more tolerant of the lack of interactions, dumb AI and so on if they nailed the "RPG" part of the game, putting it to the next level.

I don't care if CDPR is not doing a GTA-like game as long as the RPG system is deep and rich.

Unfortunately, this part is also lacking, and appears to me as a priority.

Story updates :
  • Extend the Act 1 with one or two quests > so we can connect more with the characters
  • Add an extra Act > game base story is a bit short
  • Allow the player to impact story events (avoid character death based on player decisions etc.).
  • Extend the Romances (give more options, more interactions)
  • Allow the player to have at least one happy ending, nothing grim ahead.

Reputation / Factions :

Gangs in the game are a bit underdevelopped for me.

Other interesting updates would be a Reputation system, allowing to receive specific gigs from factions, interact with their members, being in war/peace with some, access specific legendary items. This could create replayability, generating conflicts in Pacifica etc. (why not a multiplayer mode around it).

This could make endgame funnier, allowing your level 50 God tier character to be a MAX-TAC agent, a member of the Voodoo Boys, Arasaka ninja or whatever.

Factions would open rewards and would work based on your actions : for exemple, the more Gigs against Arasaka would reduce your reputation points for this faction, and makes you a priority target, hunted down by elite mercs ! But doing so make you earn many points with Militech, and a bit less for all other gangs.

This would require a ton of work so I have few hopes, and it's less a priority, but would be a nice End-game approach.

I think there's only three real problems needed to fix:
1. Enemy A.I.
2. Balance
3. Optimization and bugs that make some missions impossible to finish(for example Judy's diving mission)
This game has so much potential, and if these problems will be solved, then the game will be more closer to perfect.
And I think this game has enough immersiveness to enjoy it.

I only dabbled in the game so far, but here are my main pointers (i wait till it's fixed and i get a new graphics card).
Mostly QoL changes:

1. Better UI on PC. It's clearly based around console gaming and when I don't use a controller it's horrible. The Inventory is one of the biggest offenders. Only two tabs for weapons, when there are several categories. I find it exhausting to scroll through all the junk weapons I pick up, to finally find the one new one that interests me. Like, why can't I have a simple "Gun" "Assault", "Shotgun", etc... tab. Furthermore, there is soo much wasted screen estate. In the weapons menu, it's all pushed to the side with a lot of free room. Overall, UI needs an overhaul for PC (btw. holding a button for stuff is also a bad design for mouse and keyboard)

2. Better/interesting Loot. I barely care about the loot so far. Way too much junk, that get's turned into scrap or money. Offloading into crafting, so loot doesn't feel "pointless" is a crux, but doesn't replace interesting loot. I think it's exhausting and actually more disheartening to pick up soo much, that you don't need... or in this case, need for cash. Skyrim or Oblivion also had a lot of trash, but you usually only picked what you need there and quickly learned what was cool. This game isn't working the same way.

3. The open world. Let's be honest. I would have prefered a more narrow scope. Like Deus Ex, or so. While visualy impressive, I quickly noticed how much style over substance is there. Cops are a joke, I can run around with weapons and nobody really cares and don't get me started on vehicles or other NPCs in the world. We got several years of games that showed cities. This is kinda disapointing in the end.

4. More oppression, reaction to my actions. I'm a mercenary, someone with illegal stuff. Even if the world is currupt, I don't feel like big brother is watching me. I don't have to be really careful anywhere. It's just a power fantasy. Which is baffling, because the intro made it look like the cops are so dangerous and we really need to be careful.

Well, I only played 6 hours so far, so my impressions might be off, but these are the things I noticed. I heard the story does actually safe a lot, but the general open world, or UI is just a mess for me. The definition of Style over Substance.

After fixing atleast 80% of the bugs, then they can atleast copy some of their basic features from Witcher 3 into Cyberpunk and then copy the features from GTA 5:

Only at that point can they move on to adding back all the content they cut to try grab as much cash as possible. Then they should remove all the Trump slogans from their office "And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the p***y" and that's what they did on the 10th of December 2020

It's clear that the RED ENGINE has some serious flaws.
I don't think so.
In term of techical abilities, this is a very scalable engine. It works a lot better than the last version of the engine of R* for exemple (in RDR2), in my opinion.
In my opinion, they also have better artists.
R* shines in their QA, and in their script abilities. Now, if you remember day 1 of GTA5 it was a mess. GTA5 day 1 on PC was CTD land.

CDPR just did this "well, let's release our 75% feature made game (75% according to marketing) same day on 5 differents plateforms, two of which we know that have major problems and two of which have performance issues".

This is mainly a communication issue (production / leaders). It seems the relays between production and leaders made a bad job to me, or leaders promised things to plateforms compagnies that they did not told to the production (leading to crunch etc).

I don't think so.
In term of techical abilities, this is a very scalable engine. It works a lot better than the last version of the engine of R* for exemple (in RDR2), in my opinion.
In my opinion, they also have better artists.
R* shines in their QA, and in their script abilities. Now, if you remember day 1 of GTA5 it was a mess. GTA5 day 1 on PC was CTD land.

CDPR just did this "well, let's release our 75% feature made game (75% according to marketing) same day on 5 differents plateforms, two of which we know that have major problems and two of which have performance issues".

This is mainly a communication issue (production / leaders). It seems the relays between production and leaders made a bad job to me, or leaders promised things to plateforms compagnies that they did not told to the production (leading to crunch etc).

I have to agree, they seem to be using the same engine that produced the demo we saw back in 2018 so the capabilities are there. However, I think that a lot of the gunk/bugs/glitches and what not are due to last-gen limitations (that being among the main variable, rushed development and catering to special interest groups would be among some other reasons). If they had smarter management teams they would have taken the hit on market share to produce an actual next-gen game instead of a last-gen game wrapped in a next-gen engine. Their sales at release may not have been substantial, however they would quickly make up for it with people willing to upgrade to PS5 or PC just to play this next-gen game. They would also have been able to start development on new DLC right-away, rather than all this scrambling to fix what might just never be the game it was meant to be.

I would really love combat to be more fun. Mechanics and perks are perfect but i feel that the flow of combat is somethimes repetitive and boring mostly if you fight with blades and see the exact same animation for executions all the time. Combat with blades would feel more smooth only with that little change.

last-gen game wrapped in a next-gen engine
Red pointing you for this. CP77 made not much gamedesign discoveries, other than those of Witcher 3.
Even the game in full "sequence shot" was done before them (RDR2, again). Of course R* & CDPR were working on the same thing, as it was a logical direction for both compagnies with their previous hits (GTA 5 / TW3).

Their gamedesign is an amputed TW3 (amputed sometimes for the best : remember skellige seas). Their engine is the best looking game I saw in my 35yo gaming life (but maybe there is better looking games), in terms of image. In terms of animation / physics, R* still leads the way. CP77 have XXth century IA + XXth century driving (aka GTA 3/VC driving + IA).

I wouldn't throw garbage at CDPR though. The game is good enough to hook, but not good enough to stay. CP77 breaks the 4th wall every 15/20min, half of those"breaks" comes from missing(*) features, and the other half from bugs.

---

(*) it's not only "missing", by advertising, it is also simple things that would cure their 2010 gamedesign.
People here have lots of ideas (like fixing the economy : makes weapons sells at shops for 3x their selling costs, players would go buying stuff. Fix the eat/drink items : 100 times the same effect. Fix the sorting like you did in TW3. Give (at east) 5 families of non-combat/non-story things to do. ETC. We had and will have lots of ideas for that).
CDPR should select 20 of these smallest/easiest to code ideas, put 0.5 gamedesigner + 2 devellopers behind each and do two batches of these. Then select the best 10 ideas x 2 batch and release. Their devs sure have excellent ideas aswell.

The game suffers from top-down management. CDPR should keep top-down for bug hunting, and try bottom-up for increasing their game.
If CDPR wants to be R*, then they should look at them : GTA5 (via mp) still is in devellopement after all. They still increase their game.

GTA5 was realeased 7 years ago. As TW3, it still sells for 30€.
If CP stays like this, no way it is sold for 30€ in 7 years. There would be the next-gen Borderland 12 or Assassin's Creed : Star wanderers or Mafia 5 or something that would make too much shadow for it.
CP77 is a tough competitor for Mafia games. But no way they compete with GTA 5 / RDR 2 as of today. In CP77, there is a lack of useless or long term goals. Exactly like Mafia, walking around is fine, but there is no goal to your journeys in CP77 (but going from mission A to mission B).

A/ For exemple : the Cinema "goal" in GTA 5/RDR2 is futile. But it is mainly the 20x2 things CP77 lacks. CP lacks futility. Therefor, its credibility have cracks. Futility is life showing in your game. TW3 was (a little) more futile than CP. Therefor the game had more life.
B/ Another exemple : by the moment he haves a car, the game throw the player with 1 phone alerts per 2 minutes. In two hours aound the map, the player paint it with yellow (!) all around, and in each street there is a call. Phone calls have to be reworked by unlock (!) by calling the fixer while in the street, going in the Afterlife or (dozens) of other bars or food places for fishing intel, and only a third should be fixers calling the player (immediatly by geographic proximity like today + a filter for level OR after a carefully made timer (ie no call for last 20 minutes + fitting level + he doesn't come to bar intel). Some mission should only unlock through intel. CDPR should de-densify the calls (because BUG : today sometimes you get two discussions at the same moment : one story call / one conversation + one fixer call. This just proves the phone sollicitation is too dense. It should be better staged anyway.).
As of today the consequence of B phone calls spam design overloads the player with "do mission ABCDEFGHIJKLMONPQ, oh half of them you don't have the level + you never saw that fixer but nvm". This is artificial.
C/ (related to B) CP also misses a common CP trope in preparing missions, finding equipement, investigate for the target before failing and going all gun blazing (common DM trop "don't overprepare it, this will go south anyway").
If they find that boring, they could be innovative there and put all this in gestion mode (3rd trees in INT/COOL/TECH for exemple + gestion screen mini boardgame, ala Assassin's Creed 3, instead of goods it would be intel). With "futility" on top, CP could be a lot more Noir and also, through IA/Driving/Physics, a lot more realistic (aka more adult). CDPR could add sex if they want to, but I feel there would be a balance problem here (too much erotism in advertissements in terms of canonic Pondsmith CP imo, but not enough sex : if you add sex, there will be sex on top of too much erotism imo).

People should want to naturally go to shops. The problems with loot economy makes the player not having the need. Problem of gamedesign all the way. And there is also other fixes for that (food shop don't buy stuff, and other shop only buy item for their speciality with a bonus on price (based on local rep ?) instead of all those "item garbage" buying stuff all around NC).

As of today, CP77 have basic gamedesign. So it will have basic competitors. CP77 is a wonderful plateform but there is a lot of work to core elements (physics/IA/"missing" gamedesign).

I think, if they want to, that CDPR can do it *insert DO IT! memes here*

Last edited:
... flow of combat is somethimes repetitive and boring mostly if you fight with blades and see the exact same animation for executions all the time. Combat with blades would feel more smooth only with that little change.

Definitely surprised that there are such limited animations given all the talk about motion capture, etc. - how difficult and resource heavy would it have really been to just include half a dozen more animations to add variety. Same with the guns, the reloads are always the same, per gun, even though you may be sprinting, dodging, standing still, crouched down or jumping in the air. I think there are a few variations per gun but still it is quite limited, considering all of the animations could have been sourced from a few more motion captures OR perhaps some randomizations programmed into the animation such that you hold the gun at a slightly different angle or maybe every once in awhile you make an actual mistake (unscripted, don't give me locked animations - give me full utilization of that in-game engine) because you are only human, if even cyberpunk. It would be nice to see at lower levels/stats some actual mistakes being made with gun and blade use. Combat options are pretty lacking when you think of all the possibilities that are available.

However I would state that the sheer number of different weapons (including guns, blades, cyberware, grenades) and hacking capabilities adds enough dimension to at least make the combat still fun - if you challenge yourself to change up your approach by not always using the same weapons constantly and utilizing strategy and tactics (as much as even necessary since enemy AI is grossly underperforming in those categories) instead of sheer power (yet the AI grossly over perform in this category if they have a red icon making them pretty deadly to a vulnerable target).

Right now it'd be great if all my Schematics in the Vendors didn't just disappear forever if I fail to buy them the first time entering a new shop. Noticing lots of lost crafting recipes because of this and it's killing my mood. Especially since I just found out about it AFTER visiting as many shops as I could. Lol

It's going to be a long one from me but I have to be genuine about what I'm going to say. First, scrap or upgrade the police system. Instead of having cops magically appear around the character when they commit civilian homicide, have them drop in from a dropship apc. That way, you can have the cops appearing in a quick response time to mirror player actions without it seeming comical. Second, change the way vehicles handle. This kind of driving is horrible and the fact that it is so bad make every vehicle seem pointless. Next, have a loyalty system where instead of the usual rewards for completion there could be a rivalry between fixers and gangs that would lock off certain side content. It could also make gang actively hostile to your presence and hunt you down as you progress. Lastly, make more non human enemies and try putting them in empty parts of the map like in the desert. The basalisk tank was too much fun to be a side mission, it would be nice to own and customize your own variant that can fight against other larger threats like militech or borgs.

I'll say it again.....

release an "officially supported", cross platform user-end tool suite for modders. That alone would cut 75% or more of the current dev workload it's now taking to fix the game.

I'm pretty certain there's enough of us ready and chomping at the bit to get to fixing, re-adding, and creating content for this game.

Make it happen. ;)(y)

Top Bottom