What would Fix the game for you?

+
what could the red devs add/remove/fix in this game it make it better?

complete overhaul of inventory menus, change basically everything about the menu system in general, fix the cops, make the game longer, seriously, how the hell is this an RPG?? you barely have a chance to build out your character before the game is over.
make the food and drink menus actually reflective of what a bar, street vendor, or restaurant would actually serve. and on the topic of food and drink, why does every food/drink item do the same thing for the most part?? it makes seeking out specific items pointless. Honestly, almost every system in this game is immersion breaking. It ends up just being confusing and dissonant. I want to love this game, but there are too many problems, It has a beautiful world, and certain storylines are amazing, but beyond that, it's a pretty gutless, shell of an "RPG"

For me, they just needed to look to other games for a 'how to' do it properly.

Driving and vehicle modifications, and unarmed combat from Mad Max.

Weapon modifications, ranged combat and cover system from The Division.

Body modifications from Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Clothing and armor system from Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Open world and interactive games/objects and food system from Yakuza Zero.

A romance system similar to Amorous Adventures mod for Skyrim, which lets you try and seduce virtually anyone with some funny dialogue and situations.

Had CP2077 been a combination of those things it would probably have been my favorite game ever.

Unfortunately, CP2077 has none of the things I listed, and it shows.

Apart from obvious fixes, I would like to have a flashlight (or attachment to a gun), quite often it's too dark out there in the corners of Night City.
I'm very shocked that there is no flashlight in this game..especially a futuristic game with so many lights within the game.

Maybe they should have watched the first season of Altered Carbon to see what a 'dark vision of the future' looks like.

I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to look like a sunny day in California.

Bring nudity

I've also never been to a strip club where the strippers were wearing suits and other crap fully clothed looks.

No, seriously, getting rid of those horrible 2D-sprite cars flickering in the distance would fix the game by a good 70% for me. I'm serious, i hate those things this much. Can't believe that in a game so graphically ambitious someone at CDPR said, "hey guys, let's just use these car sprites my 3-year old daughter drew yesterday!"... and people actually agreed on that!

Maybe they should have watched the first season of Altered Carbon to see what a 'dark vision of the future' looks like.

I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to look like a sunny day in California.

I've also never been to a strip club where the strippers were wearing suits and other crap fully clothed looks.
Also some private dances would be great.

I should be able to use the Mr. Whitey vending machine. All other vending machines work but the only one that doesn't is the one I keep seeing commercials for? Killed my immersion.

Its lacking in so much promised content its hard to choose just a couple of things. And the filler that actually IS in the game are just repetitive activities:

1. More emergent gameplay out in the world (more activities, crowds of people that actually respond to your actions

2. A fully fleshed out crime and bounty system

3. Meaningful choices in quests that have an impact on the rest of the game

4. More varied and impactful loot. This game drops so much chaff loot, the whole item system becomes hugely dull. I rarely picked up a new weapon or gun that made me say "wow"

5. Skills and stats that dont just "increase damage by 5%" etc. Its currently a real lacklustre skill tree, everything is just a minor stat boost and doesnt really change your gameplay style. 10+ year old Deus Ex Human Revolution did this better

For the first question:

Current state of game does not encourage me to begin the story-line (which is widely considered as rewarding and I don't doubt it). I am afraid of spoiling it with non-immersive environment.

What should be fixed? (Reasonable expectations)

- Behavior of NPCs
- it is cloned and unauthentic despite 1.2 patch. Reactions for V's actions are either absurd or non-existent. NPCs response should be diverse, from panic, through shock, to aggression. Not crouching while covering their heads.

- Assigning the few basic characteristics/personalities to NPCs, such as:

- Aggressive/Brave - reacts to V's action with immediate violence in severe cases or with verbal disapproval in case of less severe actions.
- Neutral/Normal - evading V's violent actions, expressing disapproval to less severe actions. Threatening to call the Police, offending.
- Coward/Weak - evading V's actions in panic, freezing, being intimidated by V's presence.

NPCs leaving their cars in reaction for street shooting is idiotic. They should act like in case of GTA-series, running away by car, or running away on foot in certain situations (traffic jam etc). Attacking V by their car in case of agressive/brave characteristic.

- Hardcoded car traffic. There is nothing wrong with the idea itself, yet NPCs in cars should be able to react on V's action by diverting their coded paths.

Bypassing obstacles (V's car, other stopped cars)

Diverse reactions for collisions
(currently cars just stop in the very place they were hit). What would be nice?

- Ignoring the minor collisions, escaping the scene in some cases, pulling over on the edge of the road, leaving the car in the anger, chasing the V in retaliation in car).

More Interactive Environment:

More vendors, stores, beggars, clubs.

Police, Criminal Rating System:

Police should arrive on the scene in their cars, spawned from larger distance (over 100meters, out of sight of V). Police should be able to chase V in their cars.

Police on foot should not spam in such short distance from V, last patch did not solve the problem.

Technical:

Spawning/Removing the NPCs & Cars in extremely short distance to V. It is not immersive at all the see the car/npc appearing out of nowhere or disappearing immediately after V turns their head. Radius of 100m should be locked from disappearing/spawning.

This would solve vast majority of immersion breaking actions.

Really only two things are needed for me for the game to be playable. As it stands I've not played since mid-December except for a short trial today after 1.2 but I put it straight back on hold.

1. Police response. This has been covered to death so I won't elaborate fully, but the solution to that issue in patch 1.2 is seriously just a band aid fix. The whole system needs to go away and be re-built. I'd like to get away with crimes if I'm careful about how I do it, and I'm far from convinced that an instantly spawning police drone is any better than instant spawning police. Just do away with spawning all together and just give them "travel time" such that they have to reach the crime location from wherever they were before.

2. The journal. I explained my thoughts better on this on a post which died back last year but essentially it needs WAY more depth & detail, à la The Wither 3:

The fixes in 1.2 are great, and badly needed, but those two things just kill me & I'll still hold off until there's a mod or an patch that makes them better.

edit: Oh, and bloody NPC behaviour. Even after 1.2 NPC reactions & physics leave a lot to be desired.

Keep up the good work all involved. It'll get there.

Hi Cyberpunk people

I completed the main story and all side quests
30 hours +-

what would fix the game for you? in your honest opinion?

we waited 8 years, is this what you expected?

what could the red devs add/remove/fix in this game it make it better?
To make it better? They need to make the prices lower, make V at least a bit visible during cutscene, give us the possibility to change the weapons skin (same for the cars) add more romances, add more vehicles, and honestly I can go on like this for hours but I think it's better to stop here

A change in the community. Because releasing a game in this half assed state after 8 years and many delays and paying it full AAA price to play a beta should not become the norm, no matter how hard people want to praise the "hard work" ( may I remember you that they are currently observed both by Poland government and lawyers? they are kinda forced to actually hard working this time). So no, forgive me if I don't join in this 1.2 Patch party which actually adresses none of the core issues of the game and yet people praise it as totally game-changing. Because none of this would ever happened if people got angry and disappointed and forced them put some work on this cash grab and it helped more than being a blind cult.

Top Bottom