What would Fix the game for you?

+
It wouldn't fix the game as it is, but I'd love to have some Death Stranding level of quality cutscenes. Good cutscenes are one of the elements I associate with tripple-A games. I always thought that big budget games are like interactive movies. They have to follow similar rules the movies follow. Cyberpunk feels bare-bones.

It wouldn't fix the game as it is, but I'd love to have some Death Stranding level of quality cutscenes. Good cutscenes are one of the elements I associate with tripple-A games. I always thought that big budget games are like interactive movies. They have to follow similar rules the movies follow. Cyberpunk feels bare-bones.
Oddly, it's precisely because we don't have the impression that there are any that I prefer CP to all the games full of cutscenes :)

I think it was Witcher 3 when I needed to go the toilet and realised I was trapped in a cut scene that was literally 15 minutes long and couldn't be paused. I wasn't impressed.

Actually, a lot of people hate cut scenes because they are kind of immersion-breaking and gives the feeling that the player watches a movie. For me, it really depends on the game. In CP it is already too much that we have the cut scenes confirming our friendship with Jakie instead of some extra quests and etc.

Remember the first "apparently that how the game looks like" reveal trailer? The one starting in the metro? That's what I wanted from the game vibe-wise.
The apartment in the demo was what sold me. More vibrant/things to do like ahh you know romances and more trophie's and maybe a floating chinese food boat that deliveries you food through your window lololol. "Think meat pop cicle"

The world of the trailer felt alive and vibrant. Hookers beating their pimp/customer on the street, lots of people everywhere, buildings in the distance with lots of details, streets full of cars. Cyberpunk in the game looks and feels like early morning after New Year's Eve.

Maybe those people who wanted Cyberpunk life simulator should have paid more attention to CDPR's statements:
- no joining gangs and corporations
- no buying and customizing apartments
- no radiant quests
Mike Pondsmith went on record to say himself before the release of the game, paraphrasing obviously, "with pen and paper rpgs, you can go as deep as you want to go, with games, you can have a world as wide as an ocean but with the depth of a puddle". I go through this thread regularly to get an understanding of what people expected out of this game and come away from this place thinking game development must be for the mentally ill and suicidal.

Imagine getting death threats because the game you are working on is unfinished and must be delayed so that it is the final product your team wanted. Imagine getting death threats because the game is released but it is unfinished, rushed and needed serious QA. Bite one bullet, get shot with another.

And I will absolutely die on this hill: that's fine for an artist, but CDPR is a for-profit company, and pleasing people is kind of their job.

"Hey, let's take this genre with a well-established legacy and a well-known property within that genre, then radically change it and assume absolutely nobody will be disappointed by that!"
Try to please everybody and you end up satisfying no one. They could've abandoned this game outright after release, they are under no obligation to make you a satisfied customer. Your fixes in particular are better suited for a different game altogether. You are talking about implementing systems that do not make sense in the context of an action FPS RPG.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, nothing can "fix" this game because it isn't broken. I put in over 150hrs over 2 playthroughs and while there are some immersion breaking moments due to some early bugs, the game was never "broken" for me.

Sure there could be improvements.. but it sure as heck isn't "broken" as so many people claim it to be (unless you had a legit bug that caused a CTD but that's not the same as claiming the game is broken because you didn't get some character customization options you wanted)

To be honest, I've mostly seen people dream up the most niche things they feel should be in the game and are upset that they aren't. For instance, "I want to sit on the couch in V's room and see eating/drinking animations." Seriously? I mean, yeah that would be cool for immersion purposes but if that's your "make or break" moment, then you are seriously way too spoiled.

It's definitely fun to dream up all the extras and wish they were in the game but stop thinking your every dream and idea should be in the game. That's just not realistic.

Guest 3847602

Mike Pondsmith went on record to say himself before the release of the game, paraphrasing obviously, "with pen and paper rpgs, you can go as deep as you want to go, with games, you can have a world as wide as an ocean but with the depth of a puddle". I go through this thread regularly to get an understanding of what people expected out of this game and come away from this place thinking game development must be for the mentally ill and suicidal.

Imagine getting death threats because the game you are working on is unfinished and must be delayed so that it is the final product your team wanted. Imagine getting death threats because the game is released but it is unfinished, rushed and needed serious QA. Bite one bullet, get shot with another.
I doubt it's the same people who are complaining, though. Those who don't get what they wanted are always trying to push the narrative that they're the most numerous group and that they should be listened to.
In 2018, when first news about Cyberpunk started to arrive, when we've seen sun, daylight, cars, etc, the thing most people feared was that it's going to be similar to GTA5. Now that the game is out and it's nothing like GTA, loudest complaints are about lack of police chases and not having enough opportunities to fool around while avoiding quests.
When the news about TW3 going the open-world route came, most people feared it's going to abandon story and character focus and that it's going to resemble Skyrim and Oblivion. Years later, people who didn't get their Bethesda-style sandbox from CP2077 speak about story-focused games like they're the most useless thing since diet water.

My Fix List 1.0
I think for most people just getting the game playable is the crucial issue. People on last-gen systems (constituting a lot of gamers) are what's holding back a positive sentiment for the game. How does CD-Project Red handle that? Offer them a free upgrade to PS5/Xbox if/when they're able to upgrade their consoles. I think that's the best you can do. Because honestly, the most amazing parts of this game are so muted by last-gen performance that it can't be appreciated there. I'm on PC and I can't even have a conversation with my last-gen friends about the facial animations and general presence of the characters. This is something that CP2077 did a shockingly good job at and no amount of optimization is going to deliver that experience to LG-consoles. So give it to them for free for Current Gen consoles when they upgrade.

Now, for MY experience and how to improve some features of the game from my point of view:

1. Allow us to purchase non-customized vehicles. Create a method, perhaps someone whom you can bring a car/truck/bike to (park it in a garage or shipping container) and for a fee, they'll scrub/hack its registration for you. It then shows up in your vehicle menu. Even better if I can gain the skill myself to hack vehicles and alter their registration to me. Bonus if I can set up a shell corporation to register vehicles too. Lots of the stock bikes and cars are amazing-looking. Unfortunately, if I find one I like now, it despawns the next time I drive any other vehicle.
2. Let our companions hang out with us. The characters are great. Great enough you want to have them around. Get some dialog expansion for the key companions and turn them into proper ones that you can dial up or text and they'll show up a couple MINUTES later (put a count-down timer). I don't want to see them when I turn around, stalker style. I want them to ride up and hang out, sling some contextual dialog and peace out some time later (based on relationship level).
3. Make our POV in first person in most vehicles a little bit taller/higher. I like driving FPS. And the interior assets are amazing. But I feel like I'm about 5'2. And while there is nothing wrong with being that tall, modern cars are adaptable because people who are 5'2 need to be able to see over the dashboards too. Just like V. V deserves to have a seat-height adjuster.
4. Adaptive Minimap. Make it zoom out logarithmic to my speed and zoom back in as I slow down to standard. Using it to navigate while driving is so deeply frustrating and reckless ; I often hit pedestrians just because I have no indication of a 90-270 degree turn until .25 seconds before I arrive. Yes I'm speeding, yes that's really why pedestrians are dying. But we're playing Cyberpunk 2077. We're going to speed. Save the pedestrians, make the map zoom better.
5. Make wanted levels harder to shake. I can jog briskly in a straight line for two minutes and evade a squad of cops with a drone and an untold number of flying vehicles. They should be able to rapidly track me. I should really need to get clever to get away (breaking line of sight, ditching/swapping vehicles). Get those drones up above us shadowing us on foot, harassing us, forcing us to stop and handle them before they tip off the cop-deployment vehicles. This also provides you a fix for "appearing cops" - have them tactically drop out of flying vehicles. Those can safely appear out of nowhere (behind the player's head).
6. Make a background simulation of gang/corporate influence. I know that deep down the game SHOULD be about toppling/changing the powers that be in Night City, because that's fun. Learning the lesson of "It's Chinatown" isn't fun. Sure, that makes for compelling stories, but not repeated gameplay (which is what the game is once the stories are exhausted about 60hrs in). You can't destroy corps/gangs outright, but maybe you can minimize them. Let me use whatever route of ingress suits me most as a player. Maybe violence. Maybe Espionage. Maybe Netrunning. Let me use them all to chip away at the coporations and gangs. Maybe let me perform special missions for neat loot once I have a corp/gang sufficiently minimized, like a raid.
7. Stock Market. This is a companion to #6. Make it possible to use my phone or computer to buy, sell, short stocks and then get dividends/payouts. Let me manipulate the stock market (gently) to my own benefit by fucking with corporate assets. Let me distress these buttoned up skinflints to the point they're calling their lifecoaches. This also creates a solution for the "person randomly falling out of the sky as if from a tall building" bug.
8. Change appearance at Ripper-Docs. Put me back in the character generation screen for a couple thousand eddies.

[I'll update this as I think of more things]

Last edited:
Sure, that makes for compelling stories, but not repeated gameplay (which is what the game is once the stories are exhausted about 60hrs in).

To be clear, (and I can't back this up with evidence because it was way too long ago and I have no clue where the interview is ), CDPR specifically said this game could not be played forever nor would they be adding radiant quest givers. They specifically said this game has a beginning, middle and end. It was never supposed to be a world that would be built up and up and up and up forever (like you'd see in a 15yr old MMO) where you could log in with your friends, or by yourself, and have a new and different experience every day.

Personally, I was sad when I heard that news because I specifically wanted to log in to this game as if it were an MMO and have something new and different to do every day and feel like I was a member of the society they created. However, I had to accept the fact that this is primarily a single-player game with a defined beginning, middle and end.

this is primarily a single-player game with a defined beginning, middle and end.
Yes, but one they intend on building out with DLC and paid expansions. So just because I accept that the story of V & Johnny is a self-contained narrative, doesn't mean that I accept that the game will only have present mechanics and gameplay loops going forwards. Because if they intend to have the game remain in Night City, gameplay within it will need to be expanded.

All they need to do is fix all the bugs and glitches, and Cyberpunk 2077 would be perfect. It doesn't need anything else in my opinion. It's a great game.

I believe CD Projekt Red should release a dev kit similar to Bethesda's Creation Engine to encourage/nurture a robust MOD community. The current universe is immensely expansive + exceptionally unique. Why not leverage such qualities to enhance Night City?

If CD Projekt Red is protective of their creation, how about user generated quests such as Story Creator Mode in Assassin's Creed Odyssey?

Top Bottom