What would Fix the game for you?

+
a real question

Why are they adding police chases and vehicle combat? with as short as the story is i really don't see how it would help in make the game better as it stands not i cannot really see a place for the in the grand scheme of things because most missions are so short and easy

So people can have shoot outs with the police and extend the game life.

The game is fine in its length, it's just for whatever reason the missions that SHOULD be part of the main story are sidequests.

Panam, Judy, River, and Kerry's quests should all be companion quests ala Dragon Age.

Which lengthens the game to a respectable 40-50 hours.

The game is fine in its length, it's just for whatever reason the missions that SHOULD be part of the main story are sidequests.

Panam, Judy, River, and Kerry's quests should all be companion quests ala Dragon Age.

so basically just like the new clothing system where clothing mods have to be looted its just another artifical way to inflate playtime and give more to do in the world without really adding much to do.

Also agree that much of the side quests should be main quests

As William Gibson himself said something to the effect of it being GTA-5.
With all my respect for Gibson, Cyberpunk is very different than GTA. and way more successful than MEG9.
Post automatically merged:

so basically just like the new clothing system where clothing mods have to be looted its just another artifical way to inflate playtime and give more to do in the world without really adding much to do.

Also agree that much of the side quests should be main quests
It would be amazing if the mods for clothes were available at least as loot. Level 6, street cred 9, and still no single clothing mod. I will probably find a street cred multiplier mod when my street cred is 50 :giveup:

Last edited:
got my first one on street cred 50 just because it was on Martinez jacket when i did that side quest. haven't found one looting yet almost to level 47 and street cred 50

since the question of the thread is, what will "FIX" Cyberpunk 2077
i ll just put some good points in here now after patch 1.6
Keep in mind i say this on my third playthroug and 500 hours in
right now i did all the gig, derelicts and missions to the point where you have
the point of no return aka meet Hanako at Embers

So... what is Cyberpunk 2077 missing?
SImple stuff to do in this city OUTSIDE of the things i named above.
Open the Stripclubs please, with private dances and so on.
Let us have fun in the clubs, actual drinking even with friends we make
along the line? On that topic, let us do more stuff with the romance.

Developers said they working on a NCPD overhaul including maxtac.
Don t just do that, please overhaul the complete NPC AI in the game
(make hook ups possible as shown in the 2018 demo)

Fill the city up with all the sex, right now it is just shown, but not really there.
Bring in more minigames, adopting the roach race was a first step, but see
above we need fun stuff to do in Night City. I would like to see more
car races (Claires Questline was awesome) working shooting ranges
pool tables. [maybe shooting ranges could be used as training too?]

Please adopt the "in world navigation" mod too, that one makes driving through
night city so much more fun.

hmm what else.... oh yes

acutally some more usefull mods for our Kiroshi Optics?
Night and Thermal vision? (there is already a scope in the game that has this)
Main thing however is the interactivity with the City itself (see the points above)
That needs to change to "further fix" Night City and Cyberpunk 2077

right now it is still a gorgeous picture you can drive and walk through
once you reach the point in the game i mentioned.

PS: perhaps give the option to go thrid person throughout the sexscenes?
it is still awkward to be locked out while you engange with your romance interest.
(i understand you can t make it interactive because of the rating)

Isn't it simpler just to get some Legendary Gear and transmog it?
No. Because the gear displayed is still not the gear I'm wearing. Plus if I want to just change one piece of gear I have to make a whole new transmog outfit. Its annoying...

Last edited:
PS: perhaps give the option to go thrid person throughout the sexscenes?
it is still awkward to be locked out while you engange with your romance interest.
(i understand you can t make it interactive because of the rating)

Well, if you're on PC you technically can go into third person through some mods, but the downside of that is that your character looks bored due to 'resting bitch face'. lmfao. I would have LOVED to have had the cutscenes in general to have been in third person. I like to see my character emoting, reacting, talking.

Getting iconic legendary gear shouldn't be behind specific builds (tech tree). Thats just stupid. Im specifically talking about iconic items that you hang on the weapon room wall.
It's not in the tech tree. You can upgrade the Witcher coat 12 times and it becomes Legendary. You just need to be level appropriate.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I don't really see the point of vehicle combat myself. It's always a pain in the ass to be efficient at shooting while also driving efficiently. Not to mention that I don't think it'll add much time to game time. How many times can you drive having random shootouts with police until it feels redundant?

Unless they're planning on adding events tied to that specifically. Because the fact remains there really isn't many events that would allow for that. The vast majority of NCPD tags are not stuff where you can really have much more than a single drive-by and you'll be at a serious disadvantage. I hope to see something more than just adding vehicle combat I guess.

But if that's all there is to it... Well, whatever, I won't be using it much but if it makes people happy, why not?

Well taking the question seriously, here's my suggestions for what would fix the game for me both technical and otherwise:

Technical

* Keep supporting the Bug fixing and stability as best as humanly possible for as long as possible.

* Fix the Shard journal so that it remains "locked" in whatever way you left it. I'm annoyed I have to close every folder everytime I close it. Hell, it should be left closed automatically so its easier to navigate and find new shards.

* New Game+, you can have all of the cybeware appear after specific points in the game like Vic installing your stuff and you getting access to your stash.

* The ability to reset Attributes as well as Perks. Perhaps at a larger expense ala 10K.

* More V building options like visible cyberware (it doesn't have to make sense.

* Replace the scaled down adult animations for children with actually designed child animations.

World-Building

* Add the metro because so many people like it and I would enjoy the Disneyland ride around Night City.

* The fixing of the police system is good, definitely something very requested.

* Putting characters you can invite back to your apartments for one night stands. They don't need animated sex scenes but I liked the bit in the promos where they walk out of it.

* The option for purchasing gang-related outfits. At Lizzie's Bar you can purchase Mox paraphanelia, Maelstrom's bar, and so on for other gangs. I love the various styles of the gangs.

* The option for purchasing themes for V's main apartment ala Fallout 3. Like, learn to decorate your apartment Nomad, Corpo, or Street Kid style. Maybe even further with a couple of gang stles

* Car customization if at all possible, possibly restricted to a few vehicles at a specific location.

* The ability to download and listen to music at your computer or maybe a jukebox in V's apartment (replacing their surf board)

* The ability to download and watch all of the news programs on television at your computer or maybe buy a bigger TV.

* The ability to visit Clouds if you're not banned from it. Maybe get some more weird psychological profiles. Which I'm back and forth on given the lack of consent involved in the place.

Story based

* The ability to pay your rent. Which I think should be about 5000 eddies. It bothers me to no end.

* A Side-Gig where you pay to leave some money behind for Mama Welles after Jackie's death. Say, maybe 20K.

* More Gigs related to your Life Path. Not necessarily exclusive ones but ones you get a bonus for being related to.

* Some Max-Tac related quests.

* Some Trauma team related quests.

* More races, possibly ones in the Industrial Area and the Badlands and Southern parts of the map so there's more to do down there.

* Some more Mox related quests because I really love that faction.

Completely impractical Requests

* A second expansion set on the Crystal Palace.

* The ability to pay Trauma Team to save Evelyn (maybe 20K Eddies) and have her talk to V before abandoning Judy so not to disrupt the stories too much.

* The ability to have a hook-up with Maiko, Lizzy Wizzy, Blue Moon, or others because why not. Generally more one night stands in general (you don't need to have sex scenes).

I mean this isn’t going to "fix" it as it’s already not broken so bad that I don’t enjoy it but I wish we could have wearable watches, bracelets and necklaces. I’ve said this multiple times in many threads and will continue to do so until I’m able to make a thread about it specifically but until that moment I’ll just keep finding threads that sort of relate to it in the hopes that a CDProjectRed employee/developer sees it lol.

There's a well of suggestions I could make for the game to be more ideal, like anyone else, but for just fixing some bare minimum things:

• Continued bug fixes. Nothing I reported post 1.5 was fixed. It's surprising considering how responsive support was and the amount of info I provided - screens, videos, logs, etc. Clipping through walls at specific locations, physics bugs, several NPCs in specific places spawning into one another, walls, etc.
  • Police AI - Have them respond to thugs firing wildly into a crowd, and themselves, while trying to kill me. There are some other AI bits here and there, but this is really the bare minimum. More could, and I think should, be done but I'm just asking for the basics here.
  • Dynamic crime/random events - Drive by shootings, car chases, robberies, muggings... something. The same thing at the same location over and over again makes NC far less imposing and chaotic than I'm lead to believe. Seeing a location I cleared become a market is cool and all, but everyone waiting for me to arrive on scene feels like a degenerate Truman Show and not a "living world".

----------
Not gonna happen, but worth note.

The Loot system, specifically clothing. I know it won't be changed, but it's there and it's not good. It's not good at all. It's terrible to be honest. I really hope they don't do this next time. Please, don't do this.

Removing the line where
Vic says you're dying WHEN he says you're dying
would improve the pacing quite a bit. I know this won't be changed either, and I think more should've been done than just this suggestion, but it's really small and would have accomplished quite a bit simply moving the 'call to action' to later in the experience.
----------

They've done much more than I expected and I honestly thought throughout 2021 they should just drop the game and move on. I'm grateful they didn't and I respect that a lot. Hopeful for some decent improvements now that the game has the wind in it's sails.

I'd like to see more weapon variety, In CP2020, there's over 200+ weapons, not counting cyberweapons or addon sourcebooks, also a proper seperation of clothing and armour, remove the armour stats tied to clothing and make the bonuses actually apply to armour, let the clothes be a cosmetic option that overrides armour visually.
in theory you could elaborate the game where if you wanna play cool and stealth, you go casual clothing. But if you wanna take the aggressive approach you should be able to procure top notch military grade armor and weaponry to mow down the place.

As for weapons, I wish a total overhaul of the system. Instead of the borderlands approach, go with weapon brands, quality, be able to choose ammo type. Paint your gun. But I highly doubt they have staff and time for this kind of change. So at least be able to choose the weapon skin if you are a Tech guy? This should be doable for CDK and wouldn't require to burden the staff a lot.

Bosses should drop their legendary weapon instead of a stupid weapon spec. Adam smasher should have dropped the Ba Xing Chong, or at the very least when I get into his secret room the weapon should have been in there. Instead I got a legendary spec I can't do anything with.

Story based

* The ability to pay your rent. Which I think should be about 5000 eddies. It bothers me to no end.

* A Side-Gig where you pay to leave some money behind for Mama Welles after Jackie's death. Say, maybe 20K.

* More Gigs related to your Life Path. Not necessarily exclusive ones but ones you get a bonus for being related to.

To answer your question to me about being an Edgerunner, and based on your own requests above I'd say my answer is "yes and no" but that your answer is also 100% in line with my thoughts. My point was similar in that there should simply be more "life-like / realistic" side quests, gigs, and consequences (like paying rent) that add to the overall story and how you play it. I think everyone in life has a job, the jobs you hope to aspire to, other interests, hobbies, part-time side gigs, etc. And having more diversity in all of that to better mold and carve out your own more personal / more unique experience in CP2077 is simply something I would hope everyone would want. This also allows for more unique re-plays. While the game should ultimately be about Netrunning or Edgerunning, the journey to that end, ..however you decide to get there, ..should not be overlooked.

Last edited:
My biggest issue has been the story i really didnt like it ( Keanu is a legend no doubt ) there was just to much Johnny silverhand and would have rather had separate life path stories !! and kept johnny to the amazing side quests/stories we got !!

That out of the way!

Moving forward i really hope they fix the car/bike physics and police AI .. NPC AI seem pretty good now ..
Id like to see ( just down loaded the bike mod for better speed and handing A+ ) faster vehicles , a garage to store vehicles with car and bike / a actual mod shop for your owned vehicles
Maybe a few more of the edge runners characters out fits in game !!
ability to dye your outfits would be cool !
3rd person option view !

Also while i own cyberpunk on both pc and ps5 be cool to see some type of mod system like fallout 4 mods on console versions of the game
as we all know the modding community has done amazing things with cyberpunk 2077 and id like to see that carried to the consoles !!

My biggest issue has been the story i really didnt like it ( Keanu is a legend no doubt ) there was just to much Johnny silverhand and would have rather had separate life path stories !! and kept johnny to the amazing side quests/stories we got !!

By seperate Life Path stories do you mean actually segregating the game content so you can't play all three?

I have this weird sense that's what some people mean when they talk about Life Paths.

A gang reputation system would be amazing when I saw this trailer I thought we were getting something similar to New Vegas reputation system

A gang reputation system would be amazing when I saw this trailer I thought we were getting something similar to New Vegas reputation system

The problem with this is 90% of the content is randomly fighting gangs. There's 4 factions in New Vegas but if you play the content, you will kill members of every single gang except the Mox.

WHAT WOULD FIX THE GAME FOR YOU?​

there isn't a single aspect that, by itself, can "fix" the game "entirely". But in general, if I had to choose one thing I would say "bring night city to life". It's too static and "fake", it should have a life, a soul, give you the impression of having HIS life that goes on independently of you (no, NPC /cars random wander around is noth enough. And random spawns of police forces or trauma teams at the scene of a crime or an accident taste even more fake, nothing happens in real time, they are static pawns that appear in predetermined places. Nothing happens in real time, nothing seems real and natural). It's a shame because, after all, the real protagonist of CP2077 is not V, and not even Silverhand, but Night City ...

Top Bottom