What would Fix the game for you?

+
I own the Cyberpunk 2020 rulebook as well as a few additional books. Even won first place for playing it at a convention back in the day, but I digress...

My point is: I'm well aware of the P&P RPG lore. I don't agree with what you're saying. It seems that you're not getting what I said. I feel that there's a dissonance in the portrayal of cyberware in the computer game. Why? Because even if cyberware is popular and even if it's ubiquitous, there should still be a solid reason for using it. There are those who stack cyberware just because, but they are the exception, not the rule and mostly belong to gangs.

Just because cyberware is common tech, doesn't mean soccer moms arbitrarily start replacing their limbs with cyber gear. It's both a sacrifice and an investment that doesn't make sense. Not everyone in the original R. Talsorian RPG lore are desperate to install tech at every opportunity. This is why it feels somewhat jarring to me to see something like a cafe waitress with massive steel legs.
All that is true...but what do you know about all these NPCs walking around? Maybe that strung out NPC with the cyberlegs lost his legs in one of the wars and got some cheapo replacements and a hearty "shove off" from his corp. Maybe that girl with the cyberarms swapped them out because she works nights loading containers down on the docks to pay rent, and got tired of all the lifting wrecking her arms and back? Maybe that "Soccer Mom" has Kiroshi optics because all her friends in the PTA got them, they go with her new tits, and she's trying to keep up with the Joneses.

Everybody in Night City has a story. We don't know what they all are.

And yeah, I'm old too -- I played the Cyberpunk RPG from the first edition, before even the "2020" moniker was added.

I want some eating and drinking animations.

I want to be able to listen to the music at all times and choose which songs.

I'd like to be able to watch television and actually specific programs.

I'd like to be able to listen to all of Maximum Mike's conspiracy program.

Last edited:
Hi Cyberpunk people

I completed the main story and all side quests
30 hours +-

what would fix the game for you? in your honest opinion?

we waited 8 years, is this what you expected?

what could the red devs add/remove/fix in this game it make it better?
Personally i hope they at least release 2 more patches focusing on performance because i still cannot maintain a solid 60 frames @1080p even with DLSS set to quality using a 3060ti and a ryzen 5600x.

I know it's a hard ask and it'll never happen but being able to create your own Edgerunner crew would redeem this game beyond 100% for me. You could pick who joins, send them to live at one of your player homes, interact with them, maybe even introduce new more indepth romance options this way. Basically a companion system where they (or just one of them) follows you around the open world to do gigs and side missions. Maybe now gang members have random events where they try to rob you or jump you in the streets, instead of waiting for V to come attack them; cause in Night City trouble always finds you whether you're looking for it or not. What better way of staying safe in Night City than being part of your very own edgerunner family. As a player you could also choose to run solo forever, never talk to any companions, never make any more friends than you need to.

Adds to roleplaying opportunities. Maybe some companions will never join you cause your lifepath was corpo. One is a veteran you can find in the afterlife but he'll only join you if you have 40 streetcred level. Maybe one could be a Nomad you find her out there with her trusty revolver. Or a ex-tiger claw member trying to redeem his sins. I feel like something like this would add something that sounds good to both hardcore linear story lovers and the GTA open world sandbox desirers.

All that is true...but what do you know about all these NPCs walking around? Maybe that strung out NPC with the cyberlegs lost his legs in one of the wars and got some cheapo replacements and a hearty "shove off" from his corp. Maybe that girl with the cyberarms swapped them out because she works nights loading containers down on the docks to pay rent, and got tired of all the lifting wrecking her arms and back? Maybe that "Soccer Mom" has Kiroshi optics because all her friends in the PTA got them, they go with her new tits, and she's trying to keep up with the Joneses.

Everybody in Night City has a story. We don't know what they all are.

And yeah, I'm old too -- I played the Cyberpunk RPG from the first edition, before even the "2020" moniker was added.

This seems like excusing a flaw more than engaging the actual subject. It's starting to feel pretty strongly that you're not having a discussion. You are just arguing for the sake of having an argument. I've seen plenty of that before and I'm not interested - nor do I feel it's any value in filling the thread with posts like that. I've stated my opinion. It is what it is. I haven't really seen any compelling points from you, so I'm considering this exchange ended.

One of the things I hope for sequels is they stick with the current existing style of gaming.
Personally i hope they at least release 2 more patches focusing on performance because i still cannot maintain a solid 60 frames @1080p even with DLSS set to quality using a 3060ti and a ryzen 5600x.

I'm genuinely curious how much they can fix the game further on PS5. They've already admitted they can't do more on PS4.

This isn't something I think would fix the game per se... One pet peeve of mine is how everyone in Night City are indiscriminately sporting cyber gear. I get why a Maelstrom gang banger would install massive steel legs. I get why a Solo merc would need to chrome up their shit. But the local coffee shop waitress? Not so much... I mean, let's say she was in a particularly nasty traffic accident and lost her legs. I can see why she'd want some functional implants. But I think she'd probably go for some more natural looking prosthetics. And just how many accidental amputations happen in Night City anyways? It's a dangerous place, but it's not one-in-five-lost-their-limbs-somehow dangerous.

Night city is full of random people walking around with hardcore cyber gear. Why would your local news kiosk vendor cut off his arm in favor of a day-glo robot arm? Why would a pre-teen kid need to replace their eyes with glowing Kiroshi orbs?

Just because cyberware is common tech, doesn't mean soccer moms arbitrarily start replacing their limbs with cyber gear. It's both a sacrifice and an investment that doesn't make sense. Not everyone in the original R. Talsorian RPG lore are desperate to install tech at every opportunity. This is why it feels somewhat jarring to me to see something like a cafe waitress with massive steel legs.

In Cyberpunk 2020, it's the same reason as in Deus Ex: Human Revolution in that it's a function of the economy. Cyborgs are able to do jobs that regular human beings can't due to being stronger, smarter, and faster. So it creates an economic incentive to get yourself cybernetically enhanced that poor people (ironically) can't afford not to get if they want to make a living.

Night City is worse than most cities because it's also a place where cybernetics are tied to violence as a cyborg will win against a regular person most times if only for the people with super-speed and bullet proof skin. And because cybernetics are so expensive, there's a thriving trade in harvesting them from the dead and second hand market.

One thing left out of the game was the Body Bank, though. Which is where people who want to dial back their chrome or the rich who want to stay organic buy healthy organs to replace cybernetics they regret having or just replace their normal organs. People like Saburo Arasaka can be 100% organic because he can replace any of his dying organs.

I did wonder the same (knew about tabletop, but didn't knew it was relevant cyberpunk work) when I did my first playthrough but it never bothered me and doing cyberpsycho gigs and listening to NPC conversations, there's one that's very good near Arroyo ripperdoc, about how they need to upgrade themselves to be competitive at job market.

The way mobile communications work in the game (and the Edgerunners anime), glowing eyes. I don't see anything strange even teenagers having that, in fact, probably most sought cyberware. Also education in the Night City, some amount of cyberware is required to be able to log/slot in material. Only Nomads still rely mostly on books (and are the only culture with sense of history, haha).

I have four playthroughs in this game and I don't recall seeing cafe waitress with massive steel legs. Still, all the violence happening in the city I don't think it would be strange. Victim of random shooting, can't have high tech cyberware, gets something affordable and a job that she can still do. I think if there's such a waitress that just practically breathes what kind of city Night City is.

Lack of "wetware", that it was hardly mentioned felt bit off, thinking like near future and keeping up with the current research, to the point I made a suggestion about referencing wetware. Funny that tabletop actually got that covered.

I have four playthroughs in this game and I don't recall seeing cafe waitress with massive steel legs. Still, all the violence happening in the city I don't think it would be strange. Victim of random shooting, can't have high tech cyberware, gets something affordable and a job that she can still do. I think if there's such a waitress that just practically breathes what kind of city Night City is.

Good response:

There's some ambient world-building on it, though, that I did think was pretty good.

1. Konpecki Plaza has all of its employees upgraded to being chrome skin bodies that "match" and you have to wonder what sort of contract you have to get into for that since it's not a costume but literally having your skin replaced.
2. The cyberpsycho quests include a guy who can't afford to have the kind of immunosuppressants needed to keep his wharf job for his cybernetics so he's turned to street drugs that are now being upped charge wise.
3. Another guy goes nuts because he's had too much of his body replaced with increasing cybernetics to try to stay ahead of his bills as a construction worker.
4. US Cracks had their eyes replaced because Kiroshi is their sponsor even if it makes them look a trifle...odd.

I have four playthroughs in this game and I don't recall seeing cafe waitress with massive steel legs. Still, all the violence happening in the city I don't think it would be strange. Victim of random shooting, can't have high tech cyberware, gets something affordable and a job that she can still do.

1091500_20210103205631_1.jpg

To me, this is jarring. It would be more believable if these prosthetics looked more natural. If this girl worked as a bartender in a Maelstrom hangout, the case would be different. To you it might not be.

Yeah that's BS for one. You clearly are in picture mode while using mods to drastically alter your V. Nice try though.
Post automatically merged:

One of the things I hope for sequels is they stick with the current existing style of gaming.

I'm genuinely curious how much they can fix the game further on PS5. They've already admitted they can't do more on PS4.
Pretty much the point of it all. You're not understanding why CDPR didn't quite live up to standards previously promised. How could they adhering to the lowest common denominator being XBOX ONE S?

Yeah that's BS for one. You clearly are in picture mode while using mods to drastically alter your V. Nice try though.

Tinfoil hat much? The screenshot is in "picture mode" because I take a lot of screenshots. That can easily be confirmed by taking a look at the screenshot thread (none of those screenshots have ever been modded, btw). You shouldn't throw around baseless accusations, it reflects poorly on yourself.

To me, this is jarring. It would be more believable if these prosthetics looked more natural. If this girl worked as a bartender in a Maelstrom hangout, the case would be different. To you it might not be.
I imagine that with randomization it can happen extreme cases like that. But it might make sense in the context of Night City and the world.

Knowing that the "shortest" working time is 80 hrs per week and 6 days off per year for corpos (the best that you can hope in Night City), I imagine it's not better in other "private" job. So for a job as a bar waitress, in which you have to stand, walk all the time, all the day, all week long and all the year, having cybernetic legs could be a real advantage (just to keep your job). And I can hardly imagine being able to afford top end cyberware legs with a bar waitress's salary.

A bit like if in a factory where all the employees had cybernetic arms and could therefore carry heavy loads, put their hands in chemical products or carry very hot "things" without risk,... If you don't have implants, there is little chance (if none) that you will be hired.
It's a bit like the woman who invested all she had in chrome, hopping to get hired at the Clouds (without success).

Pretty much the point of it all. You're not understanding why CDPR didn't quite live up to standards previously promised. How could they adhering to the lowest common denominator being XBOX ONE S?

I am on the opposite line of the people who think they should have ditched the last. They should have designed the game to run on last generation consoles to begin with.

I imagine that with randomization it can happen extreme cases like that. But it might make sense in the context of Night City and the world.

Knowing that the "shortest" working time is 80 hrs per week and 6 days off per year for corpos (the best that you can hope in Night City), I imagine it's not better in other "private" job. So for a job as a bar waitress, in which you have to stand, walk all the time, all the day, all week long and all the year, having cybernetic legs could be a real advantage (just to keep your job). And I can hardly imagine being able to afford top end cyberware legs with a bar waitress's salary.

A bit like if in a factory where all the employees had cybernetic arms and could therefore carry heavy loads, put their hands in chemical products or carry very hot "things" without risk,... If you don't have implants, there is little chance (if none) that you will be hired.
It's a bit like the woman who invested all she had in chrome, hopping to get hired at the Clouds (without success).
Yeah, but stretching things this far you can excuse pretty much any bad design in the game. At that point, it just becomes gatekeeping. Like: "Ok, that NPC is walking around with penises for fingers, but he could just be some kind of weird sex worker". And yeah, some people would probably find that entertaining, but personally I wouldn't.

Maybe some waitress would decide it's a good idea to amputate her real legs just because her work conditions are tiring, but she probably wouldn't decide to replace them with steel struts, no? It's probably reasonable to believe she could easily have gotten away with using a discrete exoskeleton. Those implants would have a massive impact on her personal life. Take 1 minute and think about how it would be living day-to-day with those steel legs. It's just too far out there in terms of realism.

What I'm talking about is what these aesthetic elements make me feel and how that impacts on my experience playing the game. If others opinion and tastes differ, then fine. That's their prerogative. I don't see any reason to go on about how my opinion is wrong "according to lore". That's just pointless bickering.

Last edited:
Yeah, but stretching things this far you can excuse pretty much any bad design in the game. At that point, it just becomes gatekeeping. Like: "Ok, that NPC is walking around with penises for fingers, but he could just be some kind of weird sex worker". And yeah, some people would probably find that entertaining, but personally I wouldn't.

It's not really relevant when what I was talking about was what these aesthetic elements make me feel and how that impacts on my experience playing the game. If others opinion and tastes differ, then fine. That's their prerogative. But I don't see any reason to go on about how my opinion is "wrong according to lore". That's just pointless bickering.
I never said you're wrong or whatever ;)
That just my opinion on why I think it could make sense in the lore to frequently see random NPCs having low end cyberwares (knowing that even kids have cyberwares). For me, cyberwares in Night City are as common as smart phones nowaday :)
And it's a game, so... And if you check Cyberpunk Red illustrations, cyberwares are literally everywhere, so CDPR make a game where cyberwares are literally everywhere too (maybe too much) :)
Capture d’écran 2022-10-01 à 09.02.15.jpegCapture d’écran 2022-10-01 à 09.02.44.jpegCapture d’écran 2022-10-01 à 09.03.20.jpeg

Last edited:
I never said you're wrong or whatever ;)
That just my opinion on why I think it could make sense in the lore to frequently see random NPCs having low end cyberwares (knowing that even kids have cyberwares). For me, cyberwares in Night City are as common as smart phones nowaday :)
And it's a game, so... And if you check Cyberpunk Red illustrations, cyberwares are literally everywhere, so CDPR make a game where cyberwares are literally everywhere too (maybe too much) :)
View attachment 11322185View attachment 11322188View attachment 11322191

I know. I wasn't referring to you in particular about me being "wrong".

Personally, I don't think kids should have have anything but very superficial cyberware. And those who do should be rich kids. I mean, just why would a poor or even middle class person install any serious (expensive) cyberware in their kid when they're going to grow out of it in a year or even shorter.

When it comes to using cyberware in general, I think it's better when it's restricted as something special. When it's everywhere, it just becomes bland and everyday. In cyberpunk literature, simply having a visible implant is often described as making you a living target for getting jumped, bagged and rolled to a black clinic ripperdoc. This is also apparently the case in CP2077 (as demonstrated by the presence of the Scavengers gang), but apparently, nobody is scared of flaunting their cyberware everywhere. This is a contradiction and a clear dissonance, immersion-wise.

Primarily those who use cybernetic prosthetics such as legs and arms should be mostly soldiers/veterans, Street Samurai and extreme gangs such as Maelstrom. Some of the ultra rich would probably also, but it would be a lot more discrete and sparse. Cyberpsychosis is a thing, after all and there's almost always a more non-invasive alternative to cyberware.

Less invasive implants (dermal implants, data ports, etc.) should be comparatively more common.

I was also hoping that more biological alterations would be present in the game. DNA manipulation, hair and skin grafts, etc. But, I guess this would require a lot of extra assets. At least there's some minor apparent biological enhancement use (the Animals gang, for example).

When it comes to illustrations, I feel that they're different from visuals you'd see in a game. Illustrations are meant to demonstrate concepts and more extreme defining examples. They rarely depict the everyday average people that also need to be in an open world game like CP2077.

It is not easy to answer the question asked in a reasonable amount of text. The way I see it, the game suffers from a number of problems and fixing any one of them in isolation does not lead to the game being what it should be.

In my opinion, the problems include:
  1. The game does not appear to really know what it wants to be, with elements from all over the place but delivering little depth in any particular area.
  2. The actual characters are almost all static and the dynamic spawns are meaningless ghosts with no footprint and no meaningful interaction.
  3. Exploration suffers because of a lack of meaningful finds. Items outdate rapidly and there are pretty much no interesting characters to meet nor any cool random events. Finding shards could be something if you could do anything with the info, but you cannot.
  4. As a consequence of the above, the city is beautiful but it fels so lifeless and empty.
  5. The variety of activities in the gameplay loop does not take equivalence grouping into consideration.
  6. There is a nearly complete lack of impact from any action taken.
  7. The main story is a bit hamfisted, not to everyone's taste, and it is not that hard to get tired of it. But it's so hard to mute it and just live in the world of Cyberpunk.
There isn't any one thing that fixes all of these issues. It's a long, slow process of rethinking the concept and getting everything tuned properly. And I cannot imagine that CDPR care to do that for CP77. Just not enough revenue left in the product to justify that much redevelopment.

Aiming a bit lower, what would make the game significantly more enjoyable, I would say this:
  • Allow players to unselect active quest and just roam without a selected quest. Should be simple enough.
  • Fix the mess of an inventory. If we're going to have to deal with this many items then at least make it less aggravating to work with.
  • More variety of enemies. Right now there's just humans, drones, and a very rare bot. From an action game perspective, it's not really enough.
  • Add repeatable big encounters. Some of the best times I've had in this game was when I thought I was killing 3 goons and suddenly I was fighting 15 angry 'bangers. That's fun. But then you clear the encounter and when respawn kicks in then there's just 3 goons.
  • Tone down the over-level bonuses and the under-level penalties. As it is, finding good encounters is not just about location but also about being at the right level and at high levels there's just not many fun things to do that actually feel dangerous.

The waitress with two cyborged legs and a cyborged arm probably lost her limbs in Night City violence and can't afford flesh.

Maybe some waitress would decide it's a good idea to amputate her real legs just because her work conditions are tiring, but she probably wouldn't decide to replace them with steel struts, no? It's probably reasonable to believe she could easily have gotten away with using a discrete exoskeleton. Those implants would have a massive impact on her personal life. Take 1 minute and think about how it would be living day-to-day with those steel legs. It's just too far out there in terms of realism.

What I'm talking about is what these aesthetic elements make me feel and how that impacts on my experience playing the game. If others opinion and tastes differ, then fine. That's their prerogative. I don't see any reason to go on about how my opinion is wrong "according to lore". That's just pointless bickering.

I imagine that there's a middle ground as well, like the fact that people have lost their limbs more often in Night City than they would other places and there's also less stigma against open chrome.

Lizzy Wizzy is, after all, a sex symbol despite the....uh...obvious questions about how that would feel.
It is not easy to answer the question asked in a reasonable amount of text. The way I see it, the game suffers from a number of problems and fixing any one of them in isolation does not lead to the game being what it should be.

It sounds like you just didn't like the game or its concept.

Last edited:
After spending over 300+ hours in CP2077 I have a few recommendations that would benefit all players, not just myself.

First off, one thing I like to do is hang around in Act 1 for a while. Being forced to progress the story to access vendors I feel is a bit much, especially considering after they realized that players could get out of the starting area in Act 1 they removed all the other vendors outside of Northside/Kabuki etc. Restore the vendors outside, if a player can sneak out of there then they should be allowed access to those vendors in my opinion. It's not cheating to escape and want to explore. If the player wants to level up to 50 in act 1 then let them, and provide them access to the vendors to upgrade their Cyberware. There's NO harm in this at all, decking out your player and being able to make these choices at any point in the game is what it's supposed to be about.

PLEASE restore the Crafting Specs for clothing. I can't tell you how amazing the transmog/wardrobe feature is, but we don't want to have to be running around in crafted hotpants as a male character even if it's just in our inventory. Provide crafting specs for more of the iconic clothing such as the Wolf Jacket and Wolf Shirt and other so that it can be upgraded from Rare to Legendary and we can roll with whatever we like as our actual character outfit on top of the Wardrobe. A lot of the items already have crafting specs that were in the game, please restore those as well. One of the big things with grinding in the game is being able to apply those bonuses to our armor through crafting as we level. It is NECESSARY to have access to these.

Further on the crafting specs, some of the weapon specs for the new Budget Arms and 1.5 content will not spawn the legendary crafting spec or have any available, some players like the designs of theses weapons and though they're not iconic should have access to the ability to at least craft legendary variants to do play throughs with. I have done two complete start to finish runs and not seen a single one of these crafting specs spawn in the world. Make ALL legendary crafting specs available to purchase through one vendor or another so that players don't have to worry about them not actually spawning. Kind of ruins immersion if we can't access these things. Again the whole motto is "This is your cyberpunk" so give us access to make it so.

Weapon/vehicle skins. We have all these amazing vehicles, and weapons and all over the world there's variants of them that we like to drive but can't own. Since you made the Wardrobe system, there has to be a way to impliment changeable weapon skins and vehicle skins/colour so that we have some options. Either that or at least add a crafting spec for each of the available skins for the weapons, and maybe a garage where we can fine tune our vehicles. Modders have managed to do this I feel like if they can then there's no reason why the team can't look at that work and find a way to impliment it without mods. It shouldn't be on the players to create features that should be in the base game. Running around with a neon green Nue Pistol should be just there by default, and it be Legendary not a common or uncommon drop.

End game content. Make a fixer or add the option to fixers to do repeatable/random gigs/side gigs that can spawn randomly through the map, the higher the player level the higher the reward for the content, this gives players the ability to grind out legendaries/eddies if they need them at the end of the game and actually have some challenge in doing so. You have the quest system in the game, why not add multiple areas where these side quests can be spawned, having 5-8 of these that can be repeated will add some content for us.

I love this game and this universe, and the original release was -OK- minus all the bugs. The crazy amount of effort that's been put in since that is amazing and has improved the game by 100x, and I vastly appreciate the solid effort put in there. With some of these suggestions if they're added it would take the rating from 8/10 for me to 10/10, not sure how many people agree but some of these content changes would make the game just that much better and let us play the Cyberpunk we want.

Thanks for your consideration, Steel.

Top Bottom